ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis Schröder: Starting job prerequisite for trade with Lakers

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Dennis Schröder: Starting job prerequisite for trade with Lakers 

Post#101 » by kblo247 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:21 pm

Kilroy wrote:I wonder if we bought him out now, how it would affect our ability to retain Drummond long term...

You still can’t sign him back because you would have to give up Kuzma, KCP, and then hope Trez opts out and still not have a lot left. And I got news for you Tucker can’t let Dennis sneakers and neither can Caruso
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#102 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:02 pm

The big positive for the Lakers is that Schroeder has to ball out in the playoffs to get more money than $21m per year. If he is poor in the playoffs then he will be retained for much cheaper than $21m per year.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#103 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:06 pm

I could see the Knicks and Bulls having interest in Schroeder as both teams need a starting PG.

Knicks have capspace and that's where Lakers could lose him for nothing. Though Knicks look more likely to over pay for Lonzo instead.

Schroeder would fit Vuc and LaVine nicely but Bulls don't have capspace. They'd have to do a sign and trade. Perhaps with Markannen given how nice Pat Williams looks at PF.
Would Lakers be keen on Markannen as a fit with AD? Adds nice shooting and spacing but might not be great for D.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#104 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:06 pm

zimpy27 wrote:The big positive for the Lakers is that Schroeder has to ball out in the playoffs to get more money than $21m per year. If he is poor in the playoffs then he will be retained for much cheaper than $21m per year.

It's only a positive if he decides high assist numbers are as important as points... He's calling his own number a little too much right now... I don't blame him with how we've been shooting, but still... he's going to be seeing these comments coming his way regarding the extension and I worry he goes full me-first mode...
Also, he needs to start hitting more jumpers... His floater and rim attacks are getting predictable and I think will start getting more difficult as the season ages... he's only going to get bailed out with fouls so many times.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#105 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:13 pm

Kilroy wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:The big positive for the Lakers is that Schroeder has to ball out in the playoffs to get more money than $21m per year. If he is poor in the playoffs then he will be retained for much cheaper than $21m per year.

It's only a positive if he decides high assist numbers are as important as points... He's calling his own number a little too much right now... I don't blame him with how we've been shooting, but still... he's going to be seeing these comments coming his way regarding the extension and I worry he goes full me-first mode...
Also, he needs to start hitting more jumpers... His floater and rim attacks are getting predictable and I think will start getting more difficult as the season ages... he's only going to get bailed out with fouls so many times.

Me-first mode will be a bad reflection on him unless he does hit his shots. People covet efficiency in this league now, you can't just put up PPG and expect to get a pat on the back anymore.

I see your concern though in that Lakers have a shot to contend this season and they don't need Dennis going for a pay rise at the detriment of the team. Hopefully, Vogel just benches him if that happens. Would be great to have Bradley back as a backup in case that happens.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#106 » by BEazy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:25 pm

Don't care about this guy anymore. I'd sign and trade him ASAP in the offseason.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#107 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:31 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I wonder if we bought him out now, how it would affect our ability to retain Drummond long term...

You still can’t sign him back because you would have to give up Kuzma, KCP, and then hope Trez opts out and still not have a lot left. And I got news for you Tucker can’t let Dennis sneakers and neither can Caruso

Well, I'm confident in my track record in our debates over Lakers recent draft picks...
Ingram over Kuz
Randle over Kuz and Nance
Hell, Randle over Smart...

And I'm even more confident in THT...

That said, there's no reason to discount the idea that a lot of the THT hype coming from the Lakers was directed at Schroder and his team as part of their extension negotiations... Certainly could have been and probably was, a part of the purpose for those comments.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#108 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm

zimpy27 wrote:I could see the Knicks and Bulls having interest in Schroeder as both teams need a starting PG.

Knicks have capspace and that's where Lakers could lose him for nothing. Though Knicks look more likely to over pay for Lonzo instead.

Schroeder would fit Vuc and LaVine nicely but Bulls don't have capspace. They'd have to do a sign and trade. Perhaps with Markannen given how nice Pat Williams looks at PF.
Would Lakers be keen on Markannen as a fit with AD? Adds nice shooting and spacing but might not be great for D.

what is overpaying for Lonzo? how much I mean.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#109 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:30 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I could see the Knicks and Bulls having interest in Schroeder as both teams need a starting PG.

Well, more than Pelicans are willing to pay given they have his RFA rights.

$92m/4 is an overpay that could release him from the pelicans IMO. I think he's worth $76m/4 and I think Schroeder is worth $72m/4.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#110 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:48 am

Hopefully he earns a huge max in the next few months
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#111 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 am

hmm i know the NBA throws out a lot of crazy contracts to mid level players, but still... Schroeder hasn't exactly improved his value this year, so it's quite suprising that he won't accept 20 a year for 4 years.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#112 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:20 am

zimpy27 wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:

Well, more than Pelicans are willing to pay given they have his RFA rights.

$92m/4 is an overpay that could release him from the pelicans IMO. I think he's worth $76m/4 and I think Schroeder is worth $72m/4.

So if the Knicks don’t bite and Dennis walks you think we might make a push for Lonzo? I am not opposed to that. Might be nostalgia but I would be good with it.
Forum permissions