ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you trade Siakam this summer?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Would you trade Siakam this off season?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 218

halifax
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Re: Would you trade Siakam this summer? 

Post#101 » by halifax » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:40 pm

PRESTIGE wrote:It was a mistake signing him to that deal and artificially making him the first option. He’s a 3rd option on a good team, similar to how Draymond Green was a supporting star all those years. If we can get two star level players on the team then Siakam will likely bounce back into being a good player. I would definitely trade him if the return is right, however his value is likely at an all time low right now.

he's a first option on a stacked team that has a real center. third option ? top 25 player is a 3rd option ? you're wrong.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#102 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:15 pm

Carter_Kobe wrote:I'd trade anyone if the price is right. Siakam on good team is 2019 and prebubble Siakam. His skill set isn't suited be to be a #1.

Then it follows that no team would trade a number 1 to get him. So what we should do is trade a number 2 for another number 2, or two number 3s? How does that make us better?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Marmoset
Veteran
And1: 563

Post#103 » by Marmoset » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:29 pm

I'm always willing to listen on anyone as far as trades go, but I would not be eager to move Siakam. I'd like to see if he can get the 'old' Siakam back in a (hopefully) more normal season, in Toronto and more or less without COVID. When he's going well, there are few other players like him in the NBA. Obviously the big question is whether he can do this.

I understand the argument for looking at trades and I won't be upset if a move happens; it's just not what I would look to do.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#104 » by Kingsway_fan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:35 pm

Alway laugh when fans say "we just need to pair him up with a superstar "....

The last time raps had a superstar (other than the 1 year rental) his name was Vince... those are rare , not usually traded for nor acquired in free agent market if your city is TORONTO

...... which is why this upcoming draft could be special for Toronto #tankHardNow

GROW YOUR OWN....
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#105 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 am

2019nbachamps wrote:The team has to know at this point he’s not a #1 option. If they decide to retool then why not trade Siakam to get more cap flexibility and assets in return? Siakam would definitely command a lottery pick and probably 1-2 additional decent assets. Issue is we’d need to take back contracts and/or expiring deals in return.

I would keep him if we can somehow get 2-3 decent players to join us in the summer. Otherwise it might be best to trade him and go full blown rebuild mode.

In this poll if there was an emphatic God No selection choice there wouldn't be skewed numbers for dealing him. The extra option choice would have allowed more oxygen to enter the brain and prevent knee jerk impulsive reactions. First you cannot build around a power forward in my humble. He is not an ISO player. He is a post up turn and shoot and score in transition guy. He was a legit allstar last year. Lastly no way we do full blown rebuild. NEVER going to happen.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#106 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:04 am

Even if you do want to move him, there’s certainly no rush to do it this summer.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
blackcosmos
Junior
And1: 407

Post#107 » by blackcosmos » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:13 am

depends on the trade.

but I would like to see him with a legit front court partner.
halifax
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#108 » by halifax » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 am

blackcosmos wrote:depends on the trade.

but I would like to see him with a legit front court partner.

which he had first half last season and the season before
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#109 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:43 am

He's certainly not an untouchable and can be had for the right offer.

I'm still high on Siakam unlike most. He's proven that he can be a second option on a championship team.
Therefore, unless the offer is a plethora of draft picks or another young star, I wouldn't consider it.

For example if the offer was something like: Herro + Robinson + Nunn + Olynyk + 2 first round picks - I'd hang up if I were Masai or Bobby.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#110 » by Westside Gunn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 am

He wasn't really a 2nd option on a championship team. He was like the third or fourth sheltered option. Sheltered by Kawhi, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol and their veteran presence.

When all the attention is on Siakam he just sucks. You get rid of that fast unless you can make him a third option again which isn't happening anytime soon.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#111 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:39 am

yall know trading for the minny pick is risky right? they are dead last and the pick is protected, not worth, no way they fall to #5 pick
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,648

Post#112 » by ConSarnit » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:54 am

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:yall know trading for the minny pick is risky right? they are dead last and the pick is protected, not worth, no way they fall to #5 pick

60% chance they fall out of the top 3, even with the worst record. Still risky though, yes.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,273

Post#113 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:58 am

ConSarnit wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:yall know trading for the minny pick is risky right? they are dead last and the pick is protected, not worth, no way they fall to #5 pick

60% chance they fall out of the top 3, even with the worst record. Still risky though, yes.

Doesn't it become unprotected next year? There is no way Minny isn't a bottom-3 team again next year.
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,648

Post#114 » by ConSarnit » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:18 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

Doesn't it become unprotected next year? There is no way Minny isn't a bottom-3 team again next year.

Unprotected next year. Probably a good bet Minny will continue to suck (a winning bet pretty much every year). Not sure how the top of the draft is looking in 2022 though.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Post#115 » by Spida888 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:27 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

It is unprotected next year. I think Minny will be bad again next year but not sure if they’ll be bottom 3. Best case scenario for them is probably 9th or 10th in the west and they make the play in. Just don’t see how they make the top 8 in the west.

I would trade Siakam for the the 4th or 5th pick if GSW ends up getting it.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#116 » by PRESTIGE » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 am

halifax wrote:
PRESTIGE wrote:It was a mistake signing him to that deal and artificially making him the first option. He’s a 3rd option on a good team, similar to how Draymond Green was a supporting star all those years. If we can get two star level players on the team then Siakam will likely bounce back into being a good player. I would definitely trade him if the return is right, however his value is likely at an all time low right now.

he's a first option on a stacked team that has a real center. third option ? top 25 player is a 3rd option ? you're wrong.

Yes or No, a team with Pascal Siakam as the first option is a championship contender?

I don’t believe he’s anywhere remotely close to a top-25 player. I wouldn’t want him as my first or second option if I’m building a contender.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#117 » by ratul » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:01 am

I would have traded him yesterday. The contract is insane and pascal doesn’t translate to wins for us like Kyle does. The reason we couldn’t keep norm or ibaka is principally because of this contract. No brainer trade and I think you don’t have to take a bad contract because people will see the potential in pascal
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#118 » by pr0gr4m » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:16 am

Trading Pascal isn't a good move he's more than a player here he's a symbol.

He represents our franchise and "starting from the bottom" to becoming an NBA champion, all NBAer, and all star.

Powell, Fred, and Siakam are guys we found that no one else wanted or overlooked and we developed into borderline all stars. When you see young guys who go undrafted, they will give our team a fair look considering that history.

This isn't the best year to trade Pascal either. He is being played out of position at center. That's another conversation too.

Playing Siakam at center this year, you could say this year was more so training than actually competing. He developed his ability to create his own shot. Along with that, OG and him got a chance to be the 4/5 and they will bring that physicality when they move down positions.

The biggest thing we need is to fill that center position with a rebounding, switchable, stretch, and preferrably playmaking big man. There isn't any player like that out there but I would give Richaun Holmes a very good look. Other under the radar targets are Zach Collins and Lauri Markkanen.

If you add another player that can hit guys on the roll better Siakam becomes way more effective at the 5. We absolutely need to find this in the draft and I'm looking at the top 5, Wagner, and Giddey for that. Our frontcourt of Siakam and OG is very underrated on offense, especially OG.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume we don't get a top 5 pick considering our record and upcoming schedule. We need another protocol situation if we really want to tank in the standings and have a good excuse for an immediate comeback next season. I would probably guess we land the 7th or 8th pick.

I'm immediately calling the Thunder and trading down for 10, 18, and a future 1st I can guess they would be after Keon Johnson to play next to SGA.

I have been very divided between Franz and Barnes and ultimately I'm taking Barnes. He's a better ball handling OG that can play the 1 or the 2. That is absolutely lethal once we get his shooting and post game right. At 18 I would take Giddey, he is the youngest player in the draft. Stats from the NBL to the NBA translate well and in comparison to LaMelo and Ferguson he looks like he'll be something in the middle.

I would probably develop both of those guys as point guards, that sounds crazy but absolutely would do that. You bring in a young center like Markannen if we can't get a hold of Holmes and we have likely the most defensive and versatile line up in the whole league. I am projecting that Barnes drops and Franz moves up, but they could both drop as well which would be perfect for us.

Scottie is going to be a lethal point guard in the NBA, his shooting isn't a huge problem how Simmons is and he shares a lot of other similar qualities. He is also a guy that is a prime suspect for blocking 3 point shot, that is valuable in a league where shooting is at an all time high.

I'm going for Barnes at 10 if he's available and Franz at 18 if he drops due to combine stuff. I'm the lowest on Giddey of all 3 because he lacks the wingspan and athleticism to be great. But his comparisons to Ferguson and LaMelo are intriguing.

My thoughts in summary are either we get Markannen or Holmes for the 5. If we get Holmes we can't afford to grab any more non-shooters. Everyone on the court minus Holmes must have 3 point range, or see it as developable. Holmes is the most likely to be brough here so we may draft by need at 18 with him in mind. If we get Barnes at 10 and Franz at 18 we make out like champs.

Imagine this line up:

Holmes
Siakam
OG
Wagner
Barnes

Even without Holmes and Boucher you still have an great defensive team with all bases covered minus post defense. Wagner and Barnes are also great at finding rolling bigs that ultimately help Siakam and our future 5, whoever it may be.

Boucher - 6'11
Siakam - 6'9
OG - 6'7
Wagner - 6'8
Barnes - 6'9

We aren't even talking about wingspans and defense yet.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#119 » by StopitLeo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:15 pm

He's not a top tier player but he is very good. You wouldn't be able to get someone better for him unless a wacky Kawhi/Harden/whoever is next situation arises.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#120 » by Rapsalot » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 pm

Yes would trade but it would be a very short list of players to trade for.

Return to Toronto Raptors