ImageImageImage

Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,032

Re: Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm 

Post#101 » by Murray_17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:17 am

eyeatoma wrote:Yeah time to breath doesn't work on a team with Embiid playing on borrowed time. The Nets if healthy will rule the league for the next 2 years minimum. We have to just hope Jo is around and still playing at this level at that time. If he is, then statistically we were lucky. I get that people think I'm overreacting. It's just such little room for error on this team, that could be easily corrected with another offensive bell weather. Ben excels as someone who does the little things. Those little things also go with elite intensity. That's hard to bring every game, and it is not nearly as effective if everything else isn't in sync.

He has 27 years, even with his injury history he has at worst a 4-5 years window.

Relax a bit
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,113

Re: Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm 

Post#102 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:19 am

sixers4real wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
kio80 wrote:
I know being top 2-3 in the East ain’t much, but I have not yet reach the stage where I have to act like you. I’d probably act like you if we are the Pistons or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pleasantly surprised with our record. The problem is we have no room for error. Our defense has to always be on. Defense comes and goes. Even with the best defenders. Offense is always consistent. Far more consistent than defense. Hence the hedge to rely on Ben, when we really only have 1 elite offensive contributor, and another player who is average at best in the playoffs was an interesting move. Again, we had the formula 2 years ago, so this is not on Morey. But the philosophy about Ben being an elite swiss army knife is tired. That's a third star type of player. Which Ben is elite at. I don't blame him for not being a better player. But I blame management for not realizing that and cashing out when appropriate to get a better fit with Embiid. We did well on this road trip, but now we're getting tired. Why, because defense is hard to travel with. Harden would have carried this team when Embiid was out. Tobi and Danny Green did a great job, but it's not sustainable.

It will hurt you a lot if you will continue to think Simmons +++ for Harden was in the table.
For me, it never wasn’t. It’s no coincidence that all of the media talking about bad value for Rockets in Harden trade. Rafael Stone was even forced to save his and Freditta’s face in recent interview saying he would do that trade 100 times again and his boss had nothing to do with it. Yeah, right. What else is he supposed to say lol.
Freditta is not worried about winning and losing. He is only worried of being the man.

Harden was never going to be a Sixer.
We need to move on.
One thing to do so is get a shot creator (McCollum/Beal/Brogdon) using Maxey, picks, swaps while keeping Embiid Harris Simmons Milton Thybulle

That would be amazing. I just don't think you get Beal without Simmons. Maxey picks and swaps, is not getting you a star scorer. We'll need to include Thybulle, and maybe even Ben. If we can, that's awesome.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#103 » by DCasey91 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:19 am

We need a BROKO or DRS equivalent to win lol
Sad they never got to play together good god almighty
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#104 » by sixers4real » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 am

eyeatoma wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised with our record. The problem is we have no room for error. Our defense has to always be on. Defense comes and goes. Even with the best defenders. Offense is always consistent. Far more consistent than defense. Hence the hedge to rely on Ben, when we really only have 1 elite offensive contributor, and another player who is average at best in the playoffs was an interesting move. Again, we had the formula 2 years ago, so this is not on Morey. But the philosophy about Ben being an elite swiss army knife is tired. That's a third star type of player. Which Ben is elite at. I don't blame him for not being a better player. But I blame management for not realizing that and cashing out when appropriate to get a better fit with Embiid. We did well on this road trip, but now we're getting tired. Why, because defense is hard to travel with. Harden would have carried this team when Embiid was out. Tobi and Danny Green did a great job, but it's not sustainable.

It will hurt you a lot if you will continue to think Simmons +++ for Harden was in the table.
For me, it never wasn’t. It’s no coincidence that all of the media talking about bad value for Rockets in Harden trade. Rafael Stone was even forced to save his and Freditta’s face in recent interview saying he would do that trade 100 times again and his boss had nothing to do with it. Yeah, right. What else is he supposed to say lol.
Freditta is not worried about winning and losing. He is only worried of being the man.

We need to move on.
One thing to do so is get a shot creator (McCollum/Beal/Brogdon) using Maxey, picks, swaps while keeping Embiid Harris Simmons Milton Thybulle

That would be amazing. I just don't think you get Beal without Simmons. Maxey picks and swaps, is not getting you a star scorer. We'll need to include Thybulle, and maybe even Ben. If we can, that's awesome.

Yeah, Beal will be tough to get without Simmons. But you can get Brogdon. I mentioned the potential Brogdon trade in Fantasy Trade thread.
The Pacers are going to be out of playoffs this year I predict, or a 1st round exit like last year. Brogdon is the guy we can be real contenders. I don’t us as a top 4 team come playoff time this year.
The addition of Brogdon can change that.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 646

Post#105 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:28 am

sixers4real wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
sixers4real wrote:It will hurt you a lot if you will continue to think Simmons +++ for Harden was in the table.

We need to move on.

Yeah, Beal will be tough to get without Simmons. But you can get Brogdon. I mentioned the potential Brogdon trade in Fantasy Trade thread.
The Pacers are going to be out of playoffs this year I predict, or a 1st round exit like last year. Brogdon is the guy we can be real contenders. I don’t us as a top 4 team come playoff time this year.
The addition of Brogdon can change that.

If there’s a way Morey’s got us. Guess we’ll see.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,803

Post#106 » by Mik317 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:31 am

The Nets may not even win this year. Let alone run things for the next two lol.
KD is coming off a career ender injury and has barely played this year. Kyrie has gone AWOL often and Harden is not Mr. Playoffs. Anything can happen in a years time let a alone a year.

also why are people ignoring the fact that this is a end of west coast trip game, in Denver without our MVP. I am sorry but this just feels like a weird time to get in your feels lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
HardenToSixers
Rookie

Post#107 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 am

Mik317 wrote:The Nets may not even win this year. Let alone run things for the next two lol.
KD is coming off a career ender injury and has barely played this year. Kyrie has gone AWOL often and Harden is not Mr. Playoffs. Anything can happen in a years time let a alone a year.

also why are people ignoring the fact that this is a end of west coast trip game, in Denver without our MVP. I am sorry but this just feels like a weird time to get in your feels lol.

Because this is the worst Simmons game in a long time coming off a stretch of weak games with Embiid out. It sucks.

How long can we justify this performance just because “we’re winning so it’s fine.” He is giving us absolutely nothing right now and cannot remotely pick up any kind of offensive load when it matters.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Post#108 » by AI_Efficiency » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 am

Mik317 wrote:The Nets may not even win this year. Let alone run things for the next two lol.

Yea, I mean to your point about it being Denver, as well as Dwight played, I think he matches up terrible against Denver. In the playoffs against this match up I imagine he almost would never play. So idk how much we should really be taking away from this.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#109 » by kio80 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:36 am

Did you guys hear what the Nuggets commentators are saying about Finding Nemo and MPJ? They are a bunch of idiots
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#110 » by Murray_17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:37 am

HardenToSixers wrote:Because this is the worst Simmons game in a long time coming off a stretch of weak games with Embiid out. It sucks.

How long can we justify this performance just because “we’re winning so it’s fine.” He is giving us absolutely nothing right now and cannot remotely pick up any kind of offensive load when it matters.

He's not playing worse than the game against the knicks.

I also think no one is justifying Ben, he gets normally called out in this threads. But there is also a point when you can also do more things than just constantly call out Ben
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,803

Post#111 » by Mik317 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:40 am

you are arguing against no one lol.

Ben is playing bad. No one is saying otherwise. Cant be down this much and only put up 5 shots. Need to shoot more. Yaddi yaddi yadda. We get it. Keep being mad about it online gets old IMO.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#112 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:41 am

Murray_17 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Yeah time to breath doesn't work on a team with Embiid playing on borrowed time. The Nets if healthy will rule the league for the next 2 years minimum. We have to just hope Jo is around and still playing at this level at that time. If he is, then statistically we were lucky. I get that people think I'm overreacting. It's just such little room for error on this team, that could be easily corrected with another offensive bell weather. Ben excels as someone who does the little things. Those little things also go with elite intensity. That's hard to bring every game, and it is not nearly as effective if everything else isn't in sync.

He has 27 years, even with his injury history he has at worst a 4-5 years window.

Relax a bit

Did you see his recent injury? He was a little more force from tearing his acl. Jo has atleast 2 of these major falls a season. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it is definitely something that stays in the back of my mind. This team is on borrowed time.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#113 » by Dnt hate » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:42 am

AI_Efficiency wrote:

Yea, I mean to your point about it being Denver, as well as Dwight played, I think he matches up terrible against Denver. In the playoffs against this match up I imagine he almost would never play. So idk how much we should really be taking away from this.

Dwight played great against Jokic in last years playoffs
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man

Post#114 » by AI_Efficiency » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 am

HardenToSixers wrote:

Because this is the worst Simmons game in a long time coming off a stretch of weak games with Embiid out. It sucks.

As others have said, this is who Ben is and likely will never change. He’s an inefficient scoring option so no point really giving it to him. At least for someone like Shake, I would say let them play through mistakes and see if they improve down the road. Ben hasn’t shown much, if any, significant offensive improvement these last few seasons. His free throw shooting will always limit his efficiency imo. If we can’t get the scoring we need from Embiid, Tobias, etc, then we probably need to trade Ben for a scorer down the road.
HardenToSixers
Rookie

Post#115 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 am

I maybe say one comment about Ben every few games so I don’t think whatever you’re referring to applies to me.

I noticed Ben is having an especially terrible game tonight and I made a couple comments about it as deserved. Not even attempting to argue with anyone over it.

I think that the lack of ability to get anything going offensively today brings shades of what we’ve really struggled with at times over the past few years and it is frustrating and scary that it will rear its head again.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#116 » by Murray_17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:44 am

eyeatoma wrote:Did you see his recent injury? He was a little more force from tearing his acl. Jo has atleast 2 of these major falls a season. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it is definitely something that stays in the back of my mind. This team is on borrowed time.

Everyone would have had risk of tearing his ACL from that fall, he had one leg blocked from landing by a collision in the air.

Some of you really are hyperventilating today.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man

Post#117 » by AI_Efficiency » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:45 am

Dnt hate wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:

Dwight played great against Jokic in last years playoffs

I didn’t watch the series, but I’m surprised, although I imagine it might be different if he was playing with AD and Lebron. He just can’t seem to handle the Jokic pick and roll / dribble hand offs, at least tonight.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#118 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 am

Mik317 wrote:you are arguing against no one lol.

Ben is playing bad. No one is saying otherwise. Cant be down this much and only put up 5 shots. Need to shoot more. Yaddi yaddi yadda. We get it. Keep being mad about it online gets old IMO.

How is it getting old. We have these conversations more than any other conversation on this team. It's the same as firing Brett Brown. Guess what, we were right on that one (least for now, I know Doc isn't the greatest in the playoffs). The point is, if this many people notice this, and you do too, then it probably is time for a chance. He's essentially the same player, except for marginal improvements to his post game, handle, and free throw shooting. His defense is elite. That's a 3rd best player. Package him with some picks and few young ones and go and get a start. It's not hard. Do sound like a broken record sure? But the preach patience crowd has been pretty much ad nauseam. We've said that for 3 years, and nothing has changed. We got it right once, and then Brand and the ownership screwed us.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#119 » by mithrandir17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:50 am

Lol at the ref who waited to check if the bucket is good before calling the foul
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#120 » by TTP » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:51 am

Our bench has been pretty solid at least. If we lose by less than double digits, I'll consider it a win.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers