ImageImageImage

Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Re: Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm 

Post#121 » by TTP » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:51 am

mithrandir17 wrote:Lol at the ref who waited to check if the bucket is good before calling the foul

Yeah maybe the latest whistle I've ever seen, but I was surprised it wasn't called immediately.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Re: Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm 

Post#122 » by kuclas » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:52 am

Likely won’t happen. But sixers did blow a 19 point lead in Denver last year. Can Denver blow a big lead at home?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,123

Post#123 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:52 am

Murray_17 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Did you see his recent injury? He was a little more force from tearing his acl. Jo has atleast 2 of these major falls a season. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it is definitely something that stays in the back of my mind. This team is on borrowed time.

Everyone would have had risk of tearing his ACL from that fall, he had one leg blocked from landing by a collision in the air.

Some of you really are hyperventilating today.

You clearly don't watch Jo, if you don't see similar things every year. It's been a lot better but it happens with him a lot. But yes I agree, this injury was not an injury prone injury, it was a freak incident.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Post#124 » by AI_Efficiency » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:53 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Mik317 wrote:you are arguing against no one lol.

Ben is playing bad. No one is saying otherwise. Cant be down this much and only put up 5 shots. Need to shoot more. Yaddi yaddi yadda. We get it. Keep being mad about it online gets old IMO.

How is it getting old. We have these conversations more than any other conversation on this team. It's the same as firing Brett Brown. Guess what, we were right on that one (least for now, I know Doc isn't the greatest in the playoffs). The point is, if this many people notice this, and you do too, then it probably is time for a chance. He's essentially the same player, except for marginal improvements to his post game, handle, and free throw shooting. His defense is elite. That's a 3rd best player. Package him with some picks and few young ones and go and get a start. It's not hard. Do sound like a broken record sure? But the preach patience crowd has been pretty much ad nauseam. We've said that for 3 years, and nothing has changed. We got it right once, and then Brand and the ownership screwed us.

I would put some trust in Morey. He sees what we see. Every season there is a star that no one thinks will become available, but they do. Harden didn’t work out sadly, but Ben could still get packaged in a deal next year that brings us someone to get us over the hump.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#125 » by Dnt hate » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:55 am

AI_Efficiency wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:Yea, I mean to your point about it being Denver, as well as Dwight played, I think he matches up terrible against Denver. In the playoffs against this match up I imagine he almost would never play. So idk how much we should really be taking away from this.

Dwight played great against Jokic in last years playoffs

I didn’t watch the series, but I’m surprised, although I imagine it might be different if he was playing with AD and Lebron. He just can’t seem to handle the Jokic pick and roll / dribble hand offs, at least tonight.

He basically bullied him and the refs called the game like a playoff game should be called, which benefits Dwight
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#126 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:55 am

AI_Efficiency wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Mik317 wrote:you are arguing against no one lol.

Ben is playing bad. No one is saying otherwise. Cant be down this much and only put up 5 shots. Need to shoot more. Yaddi yaddi yadda. We get it. Keep being mad about it online gets old IMO.

How is it getting old. We have these conversations more than any other conversation on this team. It's the same as firing Brett Brown. Guess what, we were right on that one (least for now, I know Doc isn't the greatest in the playoffs). The point is, if this many people notice this, and you do too, then it probably is time for a chance. He's essentially the same player, except for marginal improvements to his post game, handle, and free throw shooting. His defense is elite. That's a 3rd best player. Package him with some picks and few young ones and go and get a start. It's not hard. Do sound like a broken record sure? But the preach patience crowd has been pretty much ad nauseam. We've said that for 3 years, and nothing has changed. We got it right once, and then Brand and the ownership screwed us.

I would put some trust in Morey. He sees what we see. Every season there is a star that no one thinks will become available, but they do. Harden didn’t work out sadly, but Ben could still get packaged in a deal next year that brings us someone to get us over the hump.

Yeah, agreed, I trust Morey. But if a couple of more trades happen, where we're on the precipice, and don't actually get the player we desire, then maybe he's lost his magic. Or, it's clear ownership does not want a change, or Doc had the final say.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#127 » by Mik317 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 am

The preach patience crowd is consistant because we have not had a stable team in like 5 years lol. The moment things teetered in any way the GM would throw everything at a guy and when that didn't work they did it again and again. Constantly tinkering with **** has not led to much. Ben, flawed as he is, has JUST begun to get into a flow with Embiid. You guys have already made up your mind that things will go badly so when they do you are so quick to rush to "SEE WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED HALF THE SQUAD". Its a self fulfilling prophecy at this point lol.

This is the first season in a while that the team did not switch everything at the deadline. I think that counts for something and its worth building upon IMO rather than throwing everything and the kitchen sink in yet again.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#128 » by kio80 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 am

The penis is clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,039

Post#129 » by Murray_17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:58 am

There isn't a shot Furkan will not take lol
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#130 » by rzzzzz » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:You clearly don't watch Jo, if you don't see similar things every year. It's been a lot better but it happens with him a lot. But yes I agree, this injury was not an injury prone injury, it was a freak incident.

Twice this year he’s landed bad getting hit low while going up for a dunk. One time was definitely intentional. The 2nd looked kind of sketchy. Jo needs a little less posterizing, but a little more protection from cheap hits.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 646

Post#131 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:00 am

kio80 wrote:The penis is clutch

Tough to win facing pubes of that caliber.

Channeling his inner KD
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#132 » by kio80 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:00 am

eyeatoma wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yeah, agreed, I trust Morey. But if a couple of more trades happen, where we're on the precipice, and don't actually get the player we desire, then maybe he's lost his magic. Or, it's clear ownership does not want a change, or Doc had the final say.

If we didn’t have Morey, we might have Harden here already. You should blame the front office for bringing him in

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#133 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 am

Mik317 wrote:The preach patience crowd is consistant because we have not had a stable team in like 5 years lol. The moment things teetered in any way the GM would throw everything at a guy and when that didn't work they did it again and again. Constantly tinkering with **** has not led to much. Ben, flawed as he is, has JUST begun to get into a flow with Embiid. You guys have already made up your mind that things will go badly so when they do you are so quick to rush to "SEE WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED HALF THE SQUAD". Its a self fulfilling prophecy at this point lol.

This is the first season in a while that the team did not switch everything at the deadline. I think that counts for something and its worth building upon IMO rather than throwing everything and the kitchen sink in yet again.

Sure keep the same team. That works when your players are offensive hubs. Unfortunately Ben is not. Ben is a luxury on teams that are set offensively. We aren't. This was the first season that we didn't do it, and we might have had a chance to have righted the ship. Let's see how the summer goes I suppose. But at some point, patience will run thin. I just pray Ben's value has not deteriorated by that point.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#134 » by Mik317 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 am

every loss shouldn't be a end of the world scenario that leads to constant relitigating of the franchise lol.

sometimes you just lose.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,039

Post#135 » by Murray_17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:02 am

Great to see Maxey hitting jumpers.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Post#136 » by AI_Efficiency » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:02 am

Mik317 wrote:The preach patience crowd is consistant because we have not had a stable team in like 5 years lol. The moment things teetered in any way the GM would throw everything at a guy and when that didn't work they did it again and again. Constantly tinkering with **** has not led to much. Ben, flawed as he is, has JUST begun to get into a flow with Embiid. You guys have already made up your mind that things will go badly so when they do you are so quick to rush to "SEE WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED HALF THE SQUAD". Its a self fulfilling prophecy at this point lol.

I think the counter point to this, assuming we’re talking about moving Simmons for someone, is that we’ve been more than patient with Simmons development or lack tbere of. He just seems like he’ll never morph into an elite scorer. Embiid became that, but I’m still skeptical that we can make it through the playoffs the same way when refs swallow their whistles and embiid isn’t getting the calls he wants. An elite scoring guard or wing might just be a better fit and nothing will change that. That said, you need the right opportunity to come along, don’t want to dump Ben for nothing.
HardenToSixers
Rookie

Post#137 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:02 am

kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:I would put some trust in Morey. He sees what we see. Every season there is a star that no one thinks will become available, but they do. Harden didn’t work out sadly, but Ben could still get packaged in a deal next year that brings us someone to get us over the hump.

If we didn’t have Morey, we might have Harden here already. You should blame the front office for bringing him in

We also would still be extrapolating Greg Monroe +/- behind Joel Embiid to mean that we should sign Al Horford and prioritizing Simmons over Embiid as our franchise cornerstone while our GM tweets **** on him behind his back
kio80
Sixth Man

Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm 

Post#138 » by kio80 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:04 am

HardenToSixers wrote:
kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

We also would still be extrapolating Greg Monroe +/- behind Joel Embiid to mean that we should sign Al Horford and prioritizing Simmons over Embiid as our franchise cornerstone while our GM tweets **** on him behind his back

I thought you’d be most excited out of all ppl given your username

And no, Ben woulda been gone for Harden

TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#139 » by TTP » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:07 am

Why are we throwing the towel in early here? Not that I expect it to happen, but 13 point lead with 2.5 minutes left is still winnable.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
HardenToSixers
Rookie

Post#140 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:07 am

kio80 wrote:
HardenToSixers wrote:
kio80 wrote:

I thought you’d be most excited out of all ppl given your username

And no, Ben woulda been gone for Harden

I would’ve loved trading for Harden because he’s a superstar that would’ve paired great with Embiid and solves exactly what my problem has been with this team for so many years. But I understand that you can only control what you can control and we just ran into an unfortunate scenario with the whole Morey Houston thing.

I’d still take Morey over the Simmons for Harden trade going through. That’s how sick and tired I’ve been of the front office situation since Hinkie left.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers