ImageImageImage

Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 339

Re: Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm 

Post#161 » by Jhawk03 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:21 am

eyeatoma wrote:It's not the odd loss guys. It's the disheartening trend of Ben's development. We have two stars supposedly. One one goes down, the other should be able to pick up the slack. Ben can't do that, and it hurts this team massively, and it will be even more apparent in the playoffs.

Cheer up fans, this team is on it's way to finishing with the highest seed in the playoffs during this era. I'm looking forward to Ben and Biid carrying us to the ECF, where it becomes anybody's game. Just don't get anyone being salty over a regular season loss anymore. The focus is preparing for the eventual playoff run, not losing to f*king Denver in a meaningless game. Ben will step up come playoff time, no ifs ands
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,119

Re: Game 47 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-14) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) l Tuesday l 9pm 

Post#162 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:29 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:It's not the odd loss guys. It's the disheartening trend of Ben's development. We have two stars supposedly. One one goes down, the other should be able to pick up the slack. Ben can't do that, and it hurts this team massively, and it will be even more apparent in the playoffs.

Cheer up fans, this team is on it's way to finishing with the highest seed in the playoffs during this era. I'm looking forward to Ben and Biid carrying us to the ECF, where it becomes anybody's game. Just don't get anyone being salty over a regular season loss anymore. The focus is preparing for the eventual playoff run, not losing to f*king Denver in a meaningless game. Ben will step up come playoff time, no ifs ands

Wish I shared your optimism. We shall see I suppose.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,989

Post#163 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:33 am

I think everyone should know what Simmons is and isn't at this point whether or not some-point is 2-3 years the light-switch goes on is another story but it's not going to happen in the span of one game so I don't get why people are so upset with Simmons. It's at the point where I just throw up my hands and say: He's already told you who he is, so why don't you believe him?

I honestly don't care how many points he scores individually whether it's 15 or 50. I care about seeing his game evolve which honestly never happened even when he has played well at the end of the day whether he gets more opportunities with Embiid down won't change the crux of the problem which is he is fundamentally flawed right now offensively.

Until he puts the work in and shows some semblance of a jump shot and 3PT range consistently nothing should change because as we already know with the style of play depending on the matchup you can get rare great individual performances
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#164 » by phifans » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:56 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

Yeah this team is on it's way to finishing with the highest seed in the playoffs during this era but the sad part is Ben is not even the main reason why we accomplished that.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 339

Post#165 » by Jhawk03 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:08 am

phifans wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

Yeah this team is on it's way to finishing with the highest seed in the playoffs during this era but the sad part is Ben is not even the main reason why we accomplished that.

I don't want to make this about Ben. It's futile at this point to rag on a 24yr old all star. I've been around a long time obviously, my point is that the TEAM (as constructed) is set to go as far as the NBA will allow with big 3s and super teams to deal with. I mean, I know we're passionate, but what do you expect from a team with all of it's best players all under the age of 28? I'll take a top seed possibility with a punchers chance at a finals run thank you.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#166 » by blargh » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:06 am

If a little schadenfreude makes anyone feel better, the Clippers just lost to a Magic team starting MCW and James Ennis.
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 206

Post#167 » by ConstableChaos » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:32 am

this looked like the laziest Simmons game in a long time, primarily in 1st quarter - jogging back on D, swiping at the ball rather than sliding feet.

Thybulle has to start playing a lot more minutes with the starters. If Sixers are going to make any noise in the playoffs it'll be him closing games not danny green or curry
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#168 » by Wilfried » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:42 am

Denver are title favorites to me
If Lakers are healthy, they can make it but they probably will need at least 6 games against them.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#169 » by TTP » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

One thing you can be optimistic about...

While Ben hasn't taken a step forward, Tobias Harris definitely has. He's been a legitimately good 2nd/3rd star on both ends. So instead of thinking about our two stars, consider that we actually have three, and unlike Ben, Tobias is a great fit in pretty much every lineup.

I did not expect this level of play from him before the season. Pretty much every metric suggests he's been a top 25 player in the NBA this season. Maybe the most unexpected aspect is that he's passing the eye test on defense too.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#170 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:14 am

TTP wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

One thing you can be optimistic about...

While Ben hasn't taken a step forward, Tobias Harris definitely has. He's been a legitimately good 2nd/3rd star on both ends. So instead of thinking about our two stars, consider that we actually have three, and unlike Ben, Tobias is a great fit in pretty much every lineup.

I did not expect this level of play from him before the season. Pretty much every metric suggests he's been a top 25 player in the NBA this season. Maybe the most unexpected aspect is that he's passing the eye test on defense too.
Good point. I'm really impressed with Tobi. I'll save my final judgement once I see how he performs in the playoffs. If he has comparable numbers, then I wouldn't trade him this summer.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#171 » by psimanic1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:53 am

Sgt Major wrote:
bball4life wrote:I mean I think they sweep the jazz. How have they not won more games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They always play up to their opponent, so that's why they lost all three games to the Kings and both against the Wizards, for example

Also injuries, Jokic is only player that didnt miss any games from those that actually played.. We had a lot of issues with injuries/covid and had quite a few new players or players in new roles to integrate, that didnt help our record like at all.

OT: Hope to see you guys in finals, we need fresh faces in nba finals and PHI DEN matchup would be best for the league IMO, with everyone healthy ofc
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,822

Post#172 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:03 pm

Denvers offense is the best I've seen all season. Crisp cuts, good screens, good chemistry all around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#173 » by syntax » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:24 pm

Sixers average the most blocks in the league and have one of the best defenses. Joel and Ben make this happen. People expecting Ben to 'pick it up' when Joel is out lack a fundamental understanding of basketball...
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#174 » by Murray_17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:29 pm

syntax wrote:Sixers average the most blocks in the league and have one of the best defenses. Joel and Ben make this happen. People expecting Ben to 'pick it up' when Joel is out lack a fundamental understanding of basketball...

I don't think many of us are expecting Ben to be a 20 pts scorer anymore.

However he's suppossed to be a distributor and creator and this last weeks he has been ass at those tasks too.

You should tell this to Ben himself because if he's not gonna pick up part of Joel load then he should not be getting the same amount of touches Tobias get on the absence of Jojo
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,859

Post#175 » by Stanford » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:29 pm

syntax wrote:Sixers average the most blocks in the league and have one of the best defenses. Joel and Ben make this happen. People expecting Ben to 'pick it up' when Joel is out lack a fundamental understanding of basketball...

How about offensively?
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#176 » by syntax » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:37 pm

Stanford wrote:

How about offensively?

13th. Lakers are 18th for comparison.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,859

Post#177 » by Stanford » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:42 pm

lol okay yeah thats what i meant
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#178 » by syntax » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:51 pm

Murray_17 wrote:

I don't think many of us are expecting Ben to be a 20 pts scorer anymore.

However he's suppossed to be a distributor and creator and this last weeks he has been ass at those tasks too.

You should tell this to Ben himself because if he's not gonna pick up part of Joel load then he should not be getting the same amount of touches Tobias get on the absence of Jojo

Tobias splits on ORTG and DRTG have gone down from Feb to March. The whole team is worse in general without Embiid, what a surprise.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Post#179 » by Mik317 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:59 pm

some nights he has; the last two he hasn't.

**** happens. The Nuggets got out to a hot start and the TEAM had no juice. We were front rimming everything and wasn't getting back on defense. There is context to tonight's loss IMO and it makes more sense than going nuclear on Ben every time he has a bad game. He attacked early; didn't get calls and we got bombed on the other end. I really don't get the angst about it lol. The team needs help...luckily we have a big 7'2 dude coming back soon to do that. Again I'd get the anexity if we were at or close to full strength but we aren't...hell Ben himself missed a game recently for knee stuff IIRC..so he may not be at full speed either.

Context my guy context. It helps a ton instead of rushing to the immediate "welp Ben sucks and we are dead" ideas lol. (which may be eventually true...just that IDK if reaching that right now with all of the context is correct).
#NeverGonnaBeGood
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#180 » by eyeatoma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:08 pm

Mik317 wrote:

some nights he has; the last two he hasn't.

**** happens. The Nuggets got out to a hot start and the TEAM had no juice. We were front rimming everything and wasn't getting back on defense. There is context to tonight's loss IMO and it makes more sense than going nuclear on Ben every time he has a bad game. He attacked early; didn't get calls and we got bombed on the other end. I really don't get the angst about it lol. The team needs help...luckily we have a big 7'2 dude coming back soon to do that. Again I'd get the anexity if we were at or close to full strength but we aren't...hell Ben himself missed a game recently for knee stuff IIRC..so he may not be at full speed either.

Context my guy context. It helps a ton instead of rushing to the immediate "welp Ben sucks and we are dead" ideas lol. (which may be eventually true...just that IDK if reaching that right now with all of the context is correct).

LOL, fair enough I suppose. Doesn't mean he can't try on defense. And recently his passing has been pretty bad, with tons of turnovers. But yes. I agree the offense will look loads better when Jo returns. I'm just really frustrated at our meah moves during the trade deadline, our whiffs in the buyout market, and now being tied with the nets for 1st, with them probably going up tomorrow, when they have a cake schedule the rest of the season. We have a chance to get to the finals, but homecourt is vital. We have to win against Cleveland. IMO it's a must win given that we haven't lose 3 in a row all season. It doesn't bode well that Cleveland has always given this team problems even when they're at full strength.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers