ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 47: Orlando Magic (15-31) at Los Angeles Clippers (32-16)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 47: Orlando Magic (15-31) at Los Angeles Clippers (32-16) 

Post#481 » by The Effect » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:22 am

rusoopE wrote:
Ducklett wrote:This is all the same crap we heard when we got screwed out of Embiid and KP and Fox and Luka for AG and Mario and Isaac and Bamba. You would think after a decade of Ls in the lotto, people would figure out being one of the 2 worst team ends up with better picks than being the 5-6 worst.

Imagine saying lets trade all of our future picks to move up when we could just lose these meaningless games and keep our "war chest".

Meanwhile, none of.those players you mentioned proved anything on the playoffs, getting a 1st pick isnt the only way to win it all. Its easy to think we getting the first pick and we draft the next.lebron who will turn around the franchise in a second. Guess.what he didnt win s*** cuz they sucked not even LeBron can guarante you a chip. I would like yo give this group of.young fellas a try. And as i said this is the first time in 9 years that im not a tanking pro guy. I just wish nothing but the best for the club and i know you do aswell hopefully whatever happens goes for the best of the team :)

Yup youre right, its way better to get mario hezonja and Mo Bamba and the pride of beating tanking teams.

Yup, definitely no point in even drafting anyone, we should just trade away our picks every year and not try because the nets and lakers are just gonna win it every year because they have have KD and Lebron, so who cares who draft, just spend an entire year being the worst team in th league, beat up some tanking teams, feel good about yourselves, get participation award trophies and repeat this all again next year
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,961

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 47: Orlando Magic (15-31) at Los Angeles Clippers (32-16) 

Post#482 » by Ducklett » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:23 am

At this point the most Magic thing would be winning every game, losing the play-in game, and the Bulls winning the lotto and getting Cade.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,955

Post#483 » by Xatticus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 am

Last Guardian wrote:
OrlandO wrote:What is Weltman doing. If you're going to blow it up and hype the draft you need to fully commit to the tank and you need to do it now or it's going to be 2018 all over again. Shutdown Ross and MCW (and Harris). Get rid any of Ennis, Birch, Bacon, Porter if they're not in our plans for next season. Fill empty spots with bad g-leaguers to sabotage the team. We want the young players to try their best, but we can't let vets play critical roles in wins.

Come on, he traded the 3 best players on the team got picks and unproven players in return and we are complaining he is not fully committing to the tank? Nobody is looking at this roster and thinking its anything but one of the worst in the league.

The offense was bad. There was every reason to expect it would get worse, but there was also every reason to expect that the defense would improve dramatically. I'm fairly unconcerned at this point, but it would've been easy to do quite a bit more damage to our chances to win games in the immediate future by dumping guys like Ennis and MCW and giving their minutes to Mane and Hampton.

I'm not too bothered at this point. We are one of the worst teams in the league and there are only so many teams that have a realistic chance at passing us in the standings. The front office certainly is leaving themselves open for a lot of criticism if the ping pong gods don't favor us though.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,148

Post#484 » by Knightro » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:32 am

Knightro wrote:I'm still kind of blown away that any NBA team won a game in 2021 with only 5 made threes.

More teams that I thought have won games this year with 5 threes made or less according to Basketball Reference.

Tonight marked the 9th time it's happened this season. Most recently was the Warriors who beat the Pacers 111-107 despite going 5-26 from three.

No team has won a game in 2021 making 3 threes or less and only once has a team made just 4 threes and still won.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#485 » by Last Guardian » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:32 am

OrlandO wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:
OrlandO wrote:What is Weltman doing. If you're going to blow it up and hype the draft you need to fully commit to the tank and you need to do it now or it's going to be 2018 all over again. Shutdown Ross and MCW (and Harris). Get rid any of Ennis, Birch, Bacon, Porter if they're not in our plans for next season. Fill empty spots with bad g-leaguers to sabotage the team. We want the young players to try their best, but we can't let vets play critical roles in wins.

Come on, he traded the 3 best players on the team got picks and unproven players in return and we are complaining he is not fully committing to the tank? Nobody is looking at this roster and thinking its anything but one of the worst in the league.

If you want a top pick you have to do more. You can't just trade a few players and call it a day. Look at the roster. It's nothing but guys fighting for minutes, roles and contracts. They're going to play hard to the very end. Teams don't know how to play us either... there's no scouting for these random lineups. We can still beat bad teams, injured teams, teams who play down to us on any given night. Now that we've reset, we have every excuse to shutdown vets over minor injuries and buyout vets who aren't in our plans next season. We should do it. Some teams are already doing it. We still play all six bottom feeders and those results will be the difference. We can either control our fate or shoot ourselves in the foot.

Ross 3-12
Ennis 2-8
MCW 3-10
Bacon 4-9

And you want to shut them down because they help us win too much? Meanwhile Chuma is arguably our best player at this moment but we want to play him more...which means we'd have an even better chance at winning the game.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#486 » by Skin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:32 am

Exactly. If we win, I want it to be on the heels of our young players who are part of our future plans. I don't need MCW, Birch, Bacon, Ennis, Randle, Ross, Harris and Porter (unless they are part of the plan) to be out there gutting out wins for us. All they are doing is trying to play for their next contract.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#487 » by RookieStar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:33 am

Look unless you asked Cliff to let me play the final 2 minutes, he did everything for the tank.

Now unless you tell me he should have told the players point blank to not okay defense, miss your shots by a foot and mysteriously fumble the ball... then you might have an arguement he wasnt teying to lose.
The Effect

Post#488 » by The Effect » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:34 am

Xatticus wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:

The offense was bad. There was every reason to expect it would get worse, but there was also every reason to expect that the defense would improve dramatically. I'm fairly unconcerned at this point, but it would've been easy to do quite a bit more damage to our chances to win games in the immediate future by dumping guys like Ennis and MCW and giving their minutes to Mane and Hampton.

I'm not too bothered at this point. We are one of the worst teams in the league and there are only so many teams that have a realistic chance at passing us in the standings. The front office certainly is leaving themselves open for a lot of criticism if the ping pong gods don't favor us though.

Not really, we are only 3 games back of the 10th seed and still have games against the

Pelicans twice (if they are out of the 10th seed, watch how zion is gonna come down with a sprained ankle the 2nd time we play them)
Wizards
pacers (tcurrently 9th seed, but that could change in a month)
bulls (currently 10th seed, they SHOULD beat us, but with out luck...)
raptors (what have they lost, 10 in a row?)
rockets (worst team in the league right now over the past couple months)
hawks twice (sub .500 playoff team, anything could happen)
Cavs (one of the worst teams in the league
Pistons (currently 2nd worst team in the league)
Timberwolves (worst team all season)
and 76ers final 2 games, if they clinched the 1 seed, they likely sit their players in atleast one of these games

Like i said, ill be shocked if we dont win 10 of our last 25
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#489 » by rusoopE » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:37 am

The Effect wrote:
rusoopE wrote:
Ducklett wrote:This is all the same crap we heard when we got screwed out of Embiid and KP and Fox and Luka for AG and Mario and Isaac and Bamba. You would think after a decade of Ls in the lotto, people would figure out being one of the 2 worst team ends up with better picks than being the 5-6 worst.

Imagine saying lets trade all of our future picks to move up when we could just lose these meaningless games and keep our "war chest".

Meanwhile, none of.those players you mentioned proved anything on the playoffs, getting a 1st pick isnt the only way to win it all. Its easy to think we getting the first pick and we draft the next.lebron who will turn around the franchise in a second. Guess.what he didnt win s*** cuz they sucked not even LeBron can guarante you a chip. I would like yo give this group of.young fellas a try. And as i said this is the first time in 9 years that im not a tanking pro guy. I just wish nothing but the best for the club and i know you do aswell hopefully whatever happens goes for the best of the team :)

Yup youre right, its way better to get mario hezonja and Mo Bamba and the pride of beating tanking teams.

Yup, definitely no point in even drafting anyone, we should just trade away our picks every year and not try because the nets and lakers are just gonna win it every year because they have have KD and Lebron, so who cares who draft, just spend an entire year being the worst team in th league, beat up some tanking teams, feel good about yourselves, get participation award trophies and repeat this all again next year

Im.just saying its not the only way to win a chip bro, we had 2 1st picks and just reached a finals and suddenly they were all gone. Here were a lot of ppl crying we were 1 pick away from.drafting porzingis. We would max him for 5 years and nothing woulda change. And i would love to see what this group can achieve and progress ofc i would ñove to get the 1st pick but im not that excited as i was b4 this last tradeline, the guys we kept and the salary cap we will get next season. I really like our direction
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
The Effect

Post#490 » by The Effect » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:39 am

RookieStar wrote:Look unless you asked Cliff to let me play the final 2 minutes, he did everything for the tank.

Now unless you tell me he should have told the players point blank to not okay defense, miss your shots by a foot and mysteriously fumble the ball... then you might have an arguement he wasnt teying to lose.

How about playing the young guys in the 4th instead of Birch, mcw, ennis and ross? shouldnt they be the ones "learning how to win"?
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,961

Post#491 » by Ducklett » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:43 am

The Effect wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:

Not really, we are only 3 games back of the 10th seed and still have games against the

Pelicans twice (if they are out of the 10th seed, watch how zion is gonna come down with a sprained ankle the 2nd time we play them)
Wizards
and 76ers final 2 games, if they clinched the 1 seed, they likely sit their players in atleast one of these games

You literally just ruined my night. Thanks buddy!
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#492 » by Last Guardian » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:44 am

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Look unless you asked Cliff to let me play the final 2 minutes, he did everything for the tank.

How about playing the young guys in the 4th instead of Birch, mcw, ennis and ross? shouldnt they be the ones "learning how to win"?

Chuma played the last 6 minutes or so and WCJ was in the game nearly the entire 4th quarter. MCW, Ennis and Ross were awful most of the game (on offense). Chuma and WCJ were biggest reasons we won the game...so maybe we shouldn't play them at all. Not understanding this at all. Maybe RJ could be in instead of Ross or MCW sure. Not sure that actually helps lose the game though.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#493 » by RookieStar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:45 am

The Effect wrote:

Correct me if im wrong but we had Okeke and WCj in thr front court. OPJ and ennis ( to guard kawhi.. unless you wanted RJ to get bullied by Kawhi ) and mcw for the PG. Id be pissed if cole was there and mcw was the onr playing but he wasnt
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,148

Post#494 » by Knightro » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:45 am

Xatticus wrote:The offense was bad. There was every reason to expect it would get worse, but there was also every reason to expect that the defense would improve dramatically. I'm fairly unconcerned at this point, but it would've been easy to do quite a bit more damage to our chances to win games in the immediate future by dumping guys like Ennis and MCW and giving their minutes to Mane and Hampton.

Yeah I mean, I don't want to go crazy either. The Magic are only shooting 41.4% as a team since the trades. That would rank dead last in the league by a mile over the course of the whole season. If the offense doesn't improve a ton, and there's no real reason to believe it will, they aren't going to have all that much success.

They've kept all three games competitive with balls to the wall effort, particularly on defense, but just in general the effort level has been incredibly high. I don't think it's going to last.

A huge temporary bump in energy and effort is not totally unexpected after a big trade, but it's not really a sustainable way to win games either.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#495 » by RookieStar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:48 am

the fact he didnt have ross bacon and birch during crunch time already speaks volumes to.me.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#496 » by Skin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:55 am

What Weltman needs to tell Cliff if he wins another game using vets in the 4th quarter...

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The Effect

Post#497 » by The Effect » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:57 am

Last Guardian wrote:
The Effect wrote:

Chuma played the last 6 minutes or so and WCJ was in the game nearly the entire 4th quarter. MCW, Ennis and Ross were awful most of the game (on offense). Chuma and WCJ were biggest reasons we won the game...so maybe we shouldn't play them at all. Not understanding this at all. Maybe RJ could be in instead of Ross or MCW sure. Not sure that actually helps lose the game though.

You dont understand how having vets instead of young guys helped win the game? really?
Even on an off night the vets will give you a better chance at winning over the young guys

Also, MCW is one of the worst offensive players in the league, always has been (well after his rookie year anyways), but hes also one of the best defensive PGs in the league. His defense is what makes a difference, not his scoring
The Effect

Post#498 » by The Effect » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:59 am

RookieStar wrote:the fact he didnt have ross bacon and birch during crunch time already speaks volumes to.me.

Ross literally played 11 of the 12 minutes in the 4th quarter
The Effect

Post#499 » by The Effect » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:01 am

Ducklett wrote:
The Effect wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

Wizards

You literally just ruined my night. Thanks buddy!

Sorry dude
If it makes you feel better, looking at the schedule did the same thing to me :-?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#500 » by RookieStar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:02 am

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:the fact he didnt have ross bacon and birch during crunch time already speaks volumes to.me.

Ross literally played 11 of the 12 minutes in the 4th quarter

Fair enough. But he was invincible to me. We didnt win that game due to his scoring.

Return to Orlando Magic