ImageImageImageImage

21-22 FA you'd like to add?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

21-22 FA you'd like to add? 

Post#1 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:03 pm

I was thinking on this looking at the most likely make up of the roster next year.
Most likely we'll be adding 2 of a combination of PG, SG,SF.

It also looks like we could have around 9M to spend in the FA market.
Who would you like to add?
Could we get someone who could start ahead of Mo/Carter?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Re: 21-22 FA you'd like to add? 

Post#2 » by Skybox » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:31 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:I was thinking on this looking at the most likely make up of the roster next year.

I would imagine for that amount, we'd be unlikely to find anyone better than WCJ or with any upside approaching Bamba.

I doubt NOLA would let him go without a fight, but Josh Hart might be the kind of solid young guy we could steal.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,304

Post#3 » by Knightro » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:40 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:I was thinking on this looking at the most likely make up of the roster next year.

No one.

I wouldn't retain Birch, Ennis or Bacon either. If they want to resign Porter Jr, so be it. I'd also trade Ross. He should have a lot of value around the league.

Harris and MCW can be the veteran leaders next year. With second contract Fultz and Isaac being forced to assume leadership roles, ready or not.
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#4 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:46 pm

Knightro wrote:

No one.

I wouldn't retain Birch, Ennis or Bacon either. If they want to resign Porter Jr, so be it. I'd also trade Ross. He should have a lot of value around the league.

Harris and MCW can be the veteran leaders next year. With second contract Fultz and Isaac being forced to assume leadership roles, ready or not.

Same, i want another high pick, no matter if we strike gold this year or not. I want Harris over Ross too, because he is younger & wont highjack the offense & he got a good tradable contract. Birch shouldnt be here anymore.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,153

Post#5 » by zaymon » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:34 pm

So next year we will have:

4 Guards: Fultz, Anthony, Harris, Hampton

5 Wings/Forward: Isaac, Okeke, Ross, MCW, Bacon

2 Centers: Carter, Bamba

Thats 11 players + propably 2 lottery talents= 13.
We need 2 more.

I would try to resign Porter on the cheap. 6'8 forwards who can shoot are rare. We need some veterans. If we cant resigned Porter i would be ok with Ennis.
With Porter resigned i would propably trade Ross. He will have more trade value than Gary Harris and Hampton need minutes.
Last spot could be Ennis, could be Birch, dont see any amazing options.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 675

Post#6 » by BCS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 pm

21-22....no one, maybe Otto on a good deal or my favorite 1 year deal. 22-23 is the year to think about adding FA's to the young core who have hopefully shown something by that point.

Just please no Aminu type deals that will take away from the cap space in 22-23.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#7 » by fendilim » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:28 pm

Lonzo
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#8 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Could we get someone who could start ahead of Mo/Carter?

Why would you add someone even better? What does that even accomplish when they need to get 25+ minutes and develop?
I would not do even if the guy was free.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#9 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:46 pm

zaymon wrote:So next year we will have:

We need 2 more.

I would try to resign Porter on the cheap. 6'8 forwards who can shoot are rare. We need some veterans. If we cant resigned Porter i would be ok with Ennis.
With Porter resigned i would propably trade Ross. He will have more trade value than Gary Harris and Hampton need minutes.

its really easy building championship contenders. basically you copy okc presti.
sell ross at highest value for 1st. resign porter at 3/45 (to). sell after a comeback yr for 1st. rinse and repeat until you have 30 picks.
also, sell harris next yr and hampton if you can get a first.
Carter/Bamba are kinda untouchable because their value tanked so you probably try to sign and trade them after they recover their draft positions.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#10 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:46 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:

Why would you add someone even better? What does that even accomplish when they need to get 25+ minutes and develop?
Many people here are big Vuc fans and they like to take shots at the young bigs. It used to only be Bamba, but they've added WCJ. I've seen several posters write that WCJ and Bamba will be out of the league within 2 years. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#11 » by MoMM » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:47 pm

We need to sign some backup veterans to guide our young players. It doesn't need to be impact players.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#12 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:50 pm

MoMM wrote:We need to sign some backup veterans to guide our young players. It doesn't need to be impact players.
We have Birch, Porter, Ennis, Ross, and Harris.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#13 » by cedric76 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:24 pm

Otto
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,153

Post#14 » by zaymon » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:26 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
zaymon wrote:So next year we will have:

We need 2 more.

its really easy building championship contenders. basically you copy okc presti.
sell ross at highest value for 1st. resign porter at 3/45 (to). sell after a comeback yr for 1st. rinse and repeat until you have 30 picks.
also, sell harris next yr and hampton if you can get a first.
Carter/Bamba are kinda untouchable because their value tanked so you probably try to sign and trade them after they recover their draft positions.

I dont think having 30 late frp is all that useful, ask Danny Ainge. Teams will low ball OKC like hell knowing they cant keep all players.
You like OKC or us more right now ? From your post i guess OKC but it will all come down to lottery.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#15 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:32 pm

basketballRob wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:

Many people here are big Vuc fans and they like to take shots at the young bigs. It used to only be Bamba, but they've added WCJ. I've seen several posters write that WCJ and Bamba will be out of the league within 2 years. Lol

Not really taking a shot by asking if we could upgrade. OKC has 3 young bigs that have shown a bit more of promise than our young guys.
I'm not here for a 2 year tank.
Besides the draft picks, we should add a piece this next year. Then next summer when we have $$, we can push towards the top of the EC.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#16 » by The Effect » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:15 pm

My guess is that the 9m\mle will be used to bring back Otto if hes willing to take that, which i dont know that he will

There arent really alot of good F available this year, and to me, if we get Jalen green in the draft, thats where our FA $ should be spent, on backups for Isaac and Chuma, preferably a good backup PF considering Isaacs injury record
CLosP
Sophomore
And1: 307

Post#17 » by CLosP » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:22 am

JBSouthpaw wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:

Not really taking a shot by asking if we could upgrade. OKC has 3 young bigs that have shown a bit more of promise than our young guys.
Besides the draft picks, we should add a piece this next year. Then next summer when we have $$, we can push towards the top of the EC.

Orlando should see what they have with Bamba now that he is healthy and not stuck behind Vooch and can compete. With WCJ, he is basically the center of the trade package so it makes sense to give him as much run as possible. I don’t mind Birch as a third big but he shouldn’t play ahead of these two guys. Also, if you aren’t here for a two year tank, I’m not sure what else to tell you lol. I don’t see us retooling that quickly with our two cornerstone pieces returning back from injury not knowing how they’ll be. There are still plenty of teams I would say would be better in a couple of years just based on their roster today unless we get lucky this draft and get an absolute stud.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#18 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 am

CLosP wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Many people here are big Vuc fans and they like to take shots at the young bigs. It used to only be Bamba, but they've added WCJ. I've seen several posters write that WCJ and Bamba will be out of the league within 2 years. Lol

Orlando should see what they have with Bamba now that he is healthy and not stuck behind Vooch and can compete. With WCJ, he is basically the center of the trade package so it makes sense to give him as much run as possible. I don’t mind Birch as a third big but he shouldn’t play ahead of these two guys. Also, if you aren’t here for a two year tank, I’m not sure what else to tell you lol. I don’t see us retooling that quickly with our two cornerstone pieces returning back from injury not knowing how they’ll be. There are still plenty of teams I would say would be better in a couple of years just based on their roster today unless we get lucky this draft and get an absolute stud.

I think the staff/NBA knows what we have in Bamba and Carter. If you are waiting for this switch to flip, I'm sorry Bamba isn't suddenly going to be able to move his feet faster, or magically box someone out who out weighs him by 50lbs. He is useful, but not at 30 min a game.

Next year isn't a tank year, we may not be in the playoffs or win more than 20, but we should have that as a goal. Tanking is when the starters are majority of crappy players, that won't be our starting five next year.
With Fultz, JI and two 1st round picks in the line up, we aren't tanking.
Some players will be getting better, back into shape (Fultz, J.I., Okeke, Cole)
Some will be learning how to play at the NBA level (two 1st rd picks)
That right there is 6 reasons we aren't taking. Add in MO & WCJ and the 2nd rd pick too for good measure.
We aren't running out Bacon, MCW, Ennis and 2 way players.
That is the difference.

I do like having Harris and Porter back, neither should keep a younger player on the bench, but both can really help.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#19 » by Skin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:21 am

NO ONE.... like Knightro said...

But I wouldn't even retain Otto... This summer SUCKS.... BUT NEXT summer is LOADED!

Next year, develop youngin's
Following year, GO BIG!
...and if that don't work, wait for VUC!!!! *I can't believe I said that* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#20 » by cedric76 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:08 am

Skin wrote:NO ONE.... like Knightro said...

But I wouldn't even retain Otto... This summer SUCKS.... BUT NEXT summer is LOADED!

Next year, develop youngin's
Following year, GO BIG!
...and if that don't work, wait for VUC!!!! *I can't believe I said that* :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the best move it to offer a huge 1yr contract to otto

So we still have his bird right for summer 2022 and keep our cap flexibility for that summer
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Return to Orlando Magic