ImageImageImageImage

The Last Night of Orlando Magic Basketball On Fox Sports Florida

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,607

The Last Night of Orlando Magic Basketball On Fox Sports Florida 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:23 am

Tonight is the last night of Orlando Magic Basketball on Fox Sports Florida.

https://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/bally-sports-florida-bally-sports-sun-faq-031721

It's going to renamed Bally Sports effective Tomorrow.

This is due to Sinclair's acquisition of the Fox Sports RSN's after Disney were forced to sell them off following The Fox acquisition.

Fox Sports Florida will be Bally Sports (No connection to those old Gyms).

I do not like the new logo and change at all.

Hopefully, the RSN's are sold again in a few hours.

BTW: Does anyone remember the old music and theme for those old Orlando Magic TV Network broadcasts on TV 18?
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Re: The Last Night of Orlando Magic Basketball On Fox Sports Florida 

Post#2 » by BDill012 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:35 am

Howard Mass wrote:Tonight is the last night of Orlando Magic Basketball on Fox Sports Florida.

https://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/bally-sports-florida-bally-sports-sun-faq-031721

It's going to renamed Bally Sports effective Tomorrow.

This is due to Sinclair's acquisition of the Fox Sports RSN's after Disney were forced to sell them off following The Fox acquisition.

Fox Sports Florida will be Bally Sports (No connection to those old Gyms).

I do not like the new logo and change at all.

Hopefully, the RSN's are sold again in a few hours.

BTW: Does anyone remember the old music and theme for those old Orlando Magic TV Network broadcasts on TV 18?

I just hope that the broadcast rights get picked up soon. I hate not being able to watch some of the Hornets games here in CLT, especially when they play the Magic home or away because then O can't watch the game even on League Pass.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#3 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:01 am

Sinclair is just as bad as Murdoch and Fox, but Fox Sports was sold to Disney. So yeah, this is actually pretty bad.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:06 am

Sinclair is a dumpster fire. The NBA is really hurting itself by letting Sinclair take itself off the streaming services.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,428

Post#5 » by DiplomaticMagic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:39 am

I just want the games to be on YouTube TV again
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 760

Post#6 » by Tarheel » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:47 am

The branding is god awful. Looks like an ice cream or sweet manufacturer.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#7 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:I just want the games to be on YouTube TV again

FACTS. Have you heard about our lord and savior sportssurge?
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#8 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:40 pm

Truth.

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

FACTS. Have you heard about our lord and savior sportssurge?

Definitely my go to in a pinch but hopefully next season it's back on YoutubeTV.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#9 » by Def Swami » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:01 pm

Does Bally Sports have an app that we can pay a monthly fee for to watch local games? Or is that in the works? I'd even settle for that as an alternative to being back on YouTube TV.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#10 » by Def Swami » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:10 pm

And if you have Spectrum, will Bally Sports be the same channel as Fox Sports FL?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#11 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Def Swami wrote:Does Bally Sports have an app that we can pay a monthly fee for to watch local games? Or is that in the works? I'd even settle for that as an alternative to being back on YouTube TV.
That looks to be their end game, to create a standalone app but for such a large company they are incredibly incompetent.

Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#12 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:08 pm

Tarheel wrote:The branding is god awful. Looks like an ice cream or sweet manufacturer.
Sinclair gonna Sinclair. They are nothing but incompetence.

Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,742

Post#13 » by Audi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:51 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Fox Sports Florida will be Bally Sports (No connection to those old Gyms).

You sure there is no connection? Because the logo script is literally the same.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#14 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Are they still going to have a way to watch the games online the way Foxsportsgo did? Cause otherwise I'm screwed. I don't have cable and I can't always watch live.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#15 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:28 pm

Audi wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Fox Sports Florida will be Bally Sports (No connection to those old Gyms).

You sure there is no connection? Because the logo script is literally the same.

Truly bizarre. Its like they are intentionally making sure it will fail.
Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#16 » by Popsicle1228 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:59 pm

The way TV is being consumed is changing rapidly and it is amazing to me how inaccessible the current NBA product is unless you have cable. I cut the cord in August of last year and I feel like I was lagging behind in cutting it this late in the game. I subscribed to YouTube TV believing I would have Fox Sports Regional and approximately 1 month after I subscribed it was gone. I am not going back to cable as cutting the cord is saving me $90 per month, and even though Spectrum has more channels, my opinion is that the Spectrum provides an inferior TV experience and feels archaic when compared to YouTube TV. After years of getting reamed by Spectrum, I am not going back.

That said, if the NBA would allow local games to be streamed via their league pass I would subscribe each season and watch. I don't feel like dealing with VPNs or searching for streams. I do not have a lot of time or energy to devote to going to games for a franchise that has been mismanaged for a very long time and considering fans cannot attend anyway due to Covid-19, putting restrictions on local viewing feels like a dated way of thinking. Just let me give you (NBA) my money directly so that I can participate in watching the product. This is the first season that I have not watched a Magic game since the 93-94 season and to the determinate of the NBA and the Orlando Magic franchise I am starting to get used to it. Tom Brady and the Bucs are not only more easily accessible, but are also more entertaining at the moment.

This was originally was meant to be a short post and then frustration starting oozing out of my fingertips almost uncontrollably. I apologize for the rant.
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,160

Post#17 » by Kent » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:26 am

Howard Mass wrote:BTW: Does anyone remember the old music and theme for those old Orlando Magic TV Network broadcasts on TV 18?

This is too funny.

I literally had the urge to watch/listen to those old intros a week or so ago and thought I might be able to find them on YouTube.

Like magic, I found some. See below.

I do appreciate that the radio broadcasts still use the most recent theme, but I'm usually never in my vehicle during games these days.

If only the team could use their own graphics and music these days.

I'll raise you: remember Sunshine Network? :P

Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#18 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:47 am

Kent wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:BTW: Does anyone remember the old music and theme for those old Orlando Magic TV Network broadcasts on TV 18?

This is too funny.

I literally had the urge to watch/listen to those old intros a week or so ago and thought I might be able to find them on YouTube.

I do appreciate that the radio broadcasts still use the most recent theme, but I'm usually never in my vehicle during games these days.

I'll raise you: remember Sunshine Network?

And the away games on channel 18!

Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#19 » by Popsicle1228 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:13 am

Kent wrote:

This is too funny.

I'll raise you: remember Sunshine Network? :P

I used to get so jacked and excited when hearing those themes knowing that I was fixing to watch a full game of the Shaq & Penny Orlando Magic. I miss that level of excitement for Magic basketball or any basketball really.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#20 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:16 am

Popsicle1228 wrote:The way TV is being consumed is changing rapidly and it is amazing to me how inaccessible the current NBA product is unless you have cable. I cut the cord in August of last year and I feel like I was lagging behind in cutting it this late in the game. I subscribed to YouTube TV believing I would have Fox Sports Regional and approximately 1 month after I subscribed it was gone. I am not going back to cable as cutting the cord is saving me $90 per month, and even though Spectrum has more channels, my opinion is that the Spectrum provides an inferior TV experience and feels archaic when compared to YouTube TV. After years of getting reamed by Spectrum, I am not going back.

That said, if the NBA would allow local games to be streamed via their league pass I would subscribe each season and watch. I don't feel like dealing with VPNs or searching for streams. I do not have a lot of time or energy to devote to going to games for a franchise that has been mismanaged for a very long time and considering fans cannot attend anyway due to Covid-19, putting restrictions on local viewing feels like a dated way of thinking. Just let me give you (NBA) my money directly so that I can participate in watching the product. This is the first season that I have not watched a Magic game since the 93-94 season and to the determinate of the NBA and the Orlando Magic franchise I am starting to get used to it. Tom Brady and the Bucs are not only more easily accessible, but are also more entertaining at the moment.

This was originally was meant to be a short post and then frustration starting oozing out of my fingertips almost uncontrollably. I apologize for the rant.
I cut the cord 3 years ago. First with PS Vue which was awesome. But that got shut down. Now I have YouTube TV and it's great albeit getting pricer by the day. Despite the NBA getting removed from streaming services, there is no way I'm going back to the legacy cable, I refuse. The NBA is really killing itself long term due to short term gain. There are too many entertainment options now, your brand has no visibility you are nothing.

Return to Orlando Magic