ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you trade Siakam this summer?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Would you trade Siakam this off season?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 218

Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Re: Would you trade Siakam this summer? 

Post#121 » by Bruin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:07 pm

With the rumors that Lebron has started recruiting Steph, I wonder if the Warriors will feel pressured to make win now moves this offseason to help ensure Steph stays. If he declines an extension in the summer, I think a move could be made for Wiseman and the Minny pick
Raptors_Dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 8,943

Post#122 » by Raptors_Dynasty » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:13 pm

Issue with moving him as much as he frustrates me, is it will mean someone else will need to step into the 1A.

We don't have a 1A player on this roster so whoever this person will be (probably FVV who is currently struggling in the 1B role) will be forced to play in a role they aren't talented enough for and we'll be back to square one.

This issue will persist until a true #1 option is obtained
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,206

Post#123 » by kwajo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:14 pm

Pascal is probably worth holding onto, if we think we can get a true #1 option to lead the team. He’s an ideal second best or third best player on a team, we just need something close to a superstar to set the tone and be reliable when things get tough.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
JB7
Veteran
And1: 1,222

Post#124 » by JB7 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:01 pm

PrinceAli wrote:With the rumors that Lebron has started recruiting Steph, I wonder if the Warriors will feel pressured to make win now moves this offseason to help ensure Steph stays. If he declines an extension in the summer, I think a move could be made for Wiseman and the Minny pick

Could the Lakers even sign Curry, with the LBJ and AD contracts already committed?

I think Warriors are pressured to win more because their core needs to win now. If they are putting Minny pick and Wiseman in any deal, it is probably for KAT. They don't need Siakam - already have Dray.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#125 » by Bruin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:04 pm

JB7 wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:With the rumors that Lebron has started recruiting Steph, I wonder if the Warriors will feel pressured to make win now moves this offseason to help ensure Steph stays. If he declines an extension in the summer, I think a move could be made for Wiseman and the Minny pick

Could the Lakers even sign Curry, with the LBJ and AD contracts already committed?

I think Warriors are pressured to win more because their core needs to win now. If they are putting Minny pick and Wiseman in any deal, it is probably for KAT. They don't need Siakam - already have Dray.

I’m sure Lakers would make the money work if Curry wanted to come. Could just make it a sign and trade and give up Kuzma and KCP or whatever

Maybe they go for KAT but I think Siakam fits them really well since he’d be off ball. Siakam is like a perfect fit in their system so who knows. Anyways odds of all this happening is pretty slim but fun to dream hahaha
Vampirate
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,615

Post#126 » by Vampirate » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:06 pm

The real answer is only if the offer is right. Otherwise no.
Vampirate
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,615

Post#127 » by Vampirate » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:10 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:You wouldn't be doing proper due diligence if you didn't explore the Siakam/FVV trade possibilities in the summer. It's much easier to make a big move like that in the off season and frankly more teams will be receptive to making a big splash.

Hoping Siakam establishes his 3 point shot and matches his production from the first 3 months of last year is feeling more and more like the DeRozan conundrum the Raptors faced.

You can use the bubble and Covid as an excuse, but more players saw their shooting and play improve because of the bubble conditions than regress. His overall mentality is questionable at this point.

Take the Vucevic return as just a light comparison. They got back a prospect who can contribute right away and may thrive in a new setting, a useful bench piece and two picks. I imagine this would be on the low end of a Siakam deal too. Getting a high pick in this upcoming draft already signals a retooling. The Thunder did a complete tear down and they are still competitive most nights.

This current core screams mediocrity, taking a step back from that in order to recalibrate your window for 10+ years instead of the next 3 is well worth it.

The real question is not would I or wouldn't I, is what am I trading Siakam for. If the trade doesn't net the Raptors a better player in their prime or 1st round picks, young assets, then I wouldn't be interested.
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,355

Post#128 » by Saul Goodman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:25 pm

The one and only semi realistic deal I'd accept is pascal for Wiggins/Wiseman/and the Minnesota pick (if it conveys this season is preferable). A core of Wiseman/OG/Fred/Trent/2021 1st is gorgeous.

Otherwise... just hang onto him
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#129 » by rrdjutriurt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:38 pm

Seeing how many people here would trade Pascal for practically nothing, tells me very few people here know much about basketball. Thank God we have a management team who knows his true value and can see his vast potential in a post Covid, normal type basketball season.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
Purple Fever
Junior
And1: 378

Post#130 » by Purple Fever » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:03 pm

Not only would I trade him, I would trade him for basically any expiring or picks package I can get. Just want to get rid of him.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#131 » by Inevitable » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:48 pm

Top 30 contract, borderline all star productivity, on and off Locker room issues? It will be tough to get real value but maybe you can argue he needs new scenery.
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#132 » by Zan Tabacco » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:The one and only semi realistic deal I'd accept is pascal for Wiggins/Wiseman/and the Minnesota pick (if it conveys this season is preferable). A core of Wiseman/OG/Fred/Trent/2021 1st is gorgeous.

Otherwise... just hang onto him

Wouldn't the above scenario be two top 5 2021 FRP's? To me the MIN pick is imperative, don't really care about Wiseman although he'd be nice too.

I'd consider trading him for a top 5 pick, an elite guard on a rookie deal or an elite wing on a rookie deal. If none of those options exist then I'd just hold on to him. I'd also move Vanvleet for the right piece too, like another high pick or elite defensive wing/forward like Patrick Williams. If we're moving Siakam, then Vanvleet could be moved as well.

My ideal scenario would be move Siakam for SGA + Horford, FVV for P.Williams, land a pick high enough to draft Suggs.

Suggs - Flynn
SGA - GTJ
Anunoby -
Williams - Boucher
Holmes - Horford

Build around a star backcourt + elite defense wings. Fill out the roster via free agency (i.e sign Holmes).
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,097

Post#133 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:34 am

can we finesse casey and trade siakam for jerami grant?
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,294

Post#134 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:21 am

Trade him for Beal, so sick of watching his unsuccessful weak drives
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#135 » by ratul » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:52 am

Any time you can have a max contract player who is this generations Antoine Walker on your books, you have to do it right?
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#136 » by ratul » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:54 am

Trading pascal is addition by subtraction. Trading him means we could re sign Trent or Powell and and ibaka type centre. Even prob could keep us in play if we wanted Lowry to stay.
ofeek
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#137 » by ofeek » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:43 am

nice to see that I am not the only one having the same feelings after his disastrous performance in OKC game.

at some point, the OKC telecaster said him to be quiet and having his first attempt in the 2nd half. It was almost within the last 3-4 minutes.

so he not only plays miserably in terms of productivity and performance, but also clearly avoids assuming responsibility acting like a ghost on the court.

any day he is not traded, is a loss in my opinion. no way raptors could get such return as mentioned in the previous posts in the offseason
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#138 » by Oakville_Raptor » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:11 am

Let's be real...Pascal has been awful ever since the 2nd half of last season. Basically 2 seasons of him having a huge contract and being absolutely useless on the court for the majority of the time he plays. The fact that the Raptors swept a team and took the Celtics to 7 games while he was trash is telling in how he's not needed on this roster. If Masai can find the right deal to get rid of him in the off-season he should pull the trigger.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,294

Post#139 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:51 pm

ofeek wrote:nice to see that I am not the only one having the same feelings after his disastrous performance in OKC game.

at some point, the OKC telecaster said him to be quiet and having his first attempt in the 2nd half. It was almost within the last 3-4 minutes.

so he not only plays miserably in terms of productivity and performance, but also clearly avoids assuming responsibility acting like a ghost on the court.

any day he is not traded, is a loss in my opinion. no way raptors could get such return as mentioned in the previous posts in the offseason

I noticed he disappeared 2nd half last night as well. Fred and OG get blamed for missing 3's there but they are having to compensate for Pascal's lack of production, and failure to take charge. A few of the close losses recently, I kept thinking when Pascal subs back in and if he plays great, we can win this. And he doesn't come through.

Would the Wizards do Beal for Pascal straight up? The salaries match roughly, I think?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#140 » by HomieOmey » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:00 pm

Raptors_Dynasty wrote:Issue with moving him as much as he frustrates me, is it will mean someone else will need to step into the 1A.

We don't have a 1A player on this roster so whoever this person will be (probably FVV who is currently struggling in the 1B role) will be forced to play in a role they aren't talented enough for and we'll be back to square one.

This issue will persist until a true #1 option is obtained

I like how the championship Pistons and Dwight led Magic did things. Siakm is playing more and more like Bosh in Toronto instead of Bosh in Miami because he feels like he has to carry this team. If Siakm gets traded, he is going to help that team because he's going to be more like Bosh in Miami. We're turning our players more and more into guys like DeRozan by shouldering the offenive pressure onto them.

I would love and prefer if we can find a true 1A player, but I wouldn't even call Giannis or Anthony Davis that. Whether we trade or keep Siakm, we need to start building a roster that has 5 guys who COULD be the best player on any given night - which we kind of have in Lowry, FVV, Siakm, and OG (and kind of had in Powell). Of course, keep building toward and looking for that true 1A if we can!
TurboZ

Return to Toronto Raptors