ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Kevin Durant beef with Michael Rapaport

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Preliudas
Senior
And1: 457

Re: OT - Kevin Durant beef with Michael Rapaport 

Post#61 » by Preliudas » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm

ruckus wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:KD can **** right off with the homophobia.

It'll be interesting to see what the league does. Meyers Leonard is one thing. KD opens a much bigger can of worms.

You actually brought up a good point. If it's not a skit, I'm wondering league will do.
SnotoriousBIG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,289

Post#62 » by SnotoriousBIG » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:27 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:If I was Rapaport I would have met up with him. But with a twist.

I would invite a large mob of gay fans to meet KD as well. Get them horny prior to the meet up. They see Durant and approach him, at the same time you send the screens showing him to be a disgusting homophobe.

Kevin is screwed.

He has to now deal with a bunch of gay fans asking him what in the hell he was saying. Phones are out, Durant is back pedalling.

Now Rapaport shows up and finishes him off with some face to face school yard scrap.

Rapaport is now a gay hero, Durant is the new gay villian / scapegoat in America's fight against hate.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#63 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:42 pm

So basically they have an established way they talked to each other and Durant kept talking that way?
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#64 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:44 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:Rapaport baited KD.

KD too reactionary, he shouldn't have said nothing. There's a reason why Kawhi the way he is and Durant isn't

One had a dad/uncle other didn't and that comes to play in adulthood.

If KD wasn't a star athlete I'm sure he woudl have quite fun in the 'system'. The NBA should see he got baited and just ignore this.

Based on the other video you can see that this is how they normally talk to each other too.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,488

Post#65 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:52 pm

RIP Kobe wrote:

:lol:

WHAT? telling some dude to suck a dick is now homophobic?

true clown world. ya'll are ridiculous reaching with your "-phobic" narrative for everything that is published on the WWW.

Yes and everything else he said is homophobic. Very much so.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,847

Post#66 » by rocky_da_best » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:02 pm

Thank god this clown never ended up on our team lol. Softer than Drake and that's saying something.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,570

Post#67 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:07 pm

Rappaport is a tool and a terrible actor, but for me KD is the most unlikable elite athlete since Barry Bonds. I’m not hurt by the racism and not offended by the homophobic speech- he’s just typical KD here, nothing like anyone I’ve ever liked or respected.
JPriest
Senior
And1: 843

Post#68 » by JPriest » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:19 pm

damn, lot of inappropriate vitriol from KD. not good especially in this social media age when a lotta misinformed keyboard warriors with a platform can ruin a person's reputation. both clowns but KD is the most sensitive person in America. 2 rings, millions of dollars, top 5 nba player, multiple luxurious properties, women galore yet he still gets publicly heated over some nonsensical comments from some lame? these twitter wars are childish and pathetic. KD should find some other meaningful hobbies, video games even.
Andrew_M08
Rookie
And1: 2,799

Post#69 » by Andrew_M08 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:23 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Chandan wrote:so... KD is a racist.

I see where you are going - probably more of a homophob though. IMO since racism is all to do with a dominant group screwing over a subordinate one, it's tougher for KD to be racist towards Rappaport. Our friend MR is from the dominant group in terms of race (ie his whiteness doesn't really put him at a disadvantage in life overall).

But KD doesn't identify as Queer, so he his power as a straight dude - and a very influential one at that, makes what he did that much more destructive and damaging - ie. imagine you were a gay basketball player in high school and all your teammates where all amped over what KD said....

Lol hating on someone because of their different skin complexion is racist, period, regardless of whether it's white vs black or black vs white. Doesn't matter about so called "power dynamics" or "group dominance".
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#70 » by rrdjutriurt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:28 pm

Always heard KD was not the nicest person, something about his demeanor probably rubs a lot of people the wrong way. You see him talking trash all the time out on the court and ending it with those sarcastic smiles. I could well imagine how bad some of those trash talks get.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#71 » by Young_Buc » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:29 pm

Andrew_M08 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

I see where you are going - probably more of a homophob though. IMO since racism is all to do with a dominant group screwing over a subordinate one, it's tougher for KD to be racist towards Rappaport. Our friend MR is from the dominant group in terms of race (ie his whiteness doesn't really put him at a disadvantage in life overall).

But KD doesn't identify as Queer, so he his power as a straight dude - and a very influential one at that, makes what he did that much more destructive and damaging - ie. imagine you were a gay basketball player in high school and all your teammates where all amped over what KD said....

Lol hating on someone because of their different skin complexion is racist, period, regardless of whether it's white vs black or black vs white. Doesn't matter about so called "power dynamics" or "group dominance".

Ehhhh.... maybe if you want to be literal about it.

But have you ever heard of a heterophobe or a (I'm trying to think of opposite to transgender and am drawing a blank) but basically they sound silly and bigoted when you use them. If I ever heard someone use a straight "slur" and complained about it, I should be rightfully mocked.
WillGraham
Junior
And1: 474

Post#72 » by WillGraham » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:37 pm

Andrew_M08 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

When it comes to this sort of stuff. You have to take so much in to truly dissect the meaning of dominance in modern times. Skin color/culture, gender/sexuality, wealth, status, influence = power/dominance. You cant just say "x" historically this, so "y" is that (that wont apply to everyone). Aside from being white. KD has more power as an individual here vs Rapaport. Rap cant touch him in regards to wealth, status and influence. Simply being a white male does him no good in the sphere of the world vs KD. I hope one day we can truly all work as a unit rather than tribe up all the time. Not to dismiss wrongs historically, but to move forward with what's right for all and our future children and generations to come. Both are clowns for their reactions and Rap is a tool for egging him on. But KD truly crossed both the race and sexuality lines here. And there should be no excuse in this day and age.
M3tro
Analyst
And1: 3,058

Post#73 » by M3tro » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:38 pm

Andrew_M08 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

It's funny how people can't see that what they're fighting is also what they're peddling.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,824

Post#74 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:39 pm

Andrew_M08 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

I know that's how it feels, and I've been hated on many times for being white - but not the same when you have the white priv bro
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#75 » by YelloC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:44 pm

ruckus wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what the league does. Meyers Leonard is one thing. KD opens a much bigger can of worms.

I actually half believe that Meyers Leonard is dumb enough to not know what he was saying. KD would get off social media if he was smart but apparently he seems to be addicted to the attention.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,264

Post#76 » by Ranger One » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm

I dunno, i liked Rappaport in Boston Public. Great show.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,303

Post#77 » by pilkoids » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Looks like hes trying to pass this off as just friendly joking

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,303

Post#78 » by pilkoids » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,759

Post#79 » by ItsDanger » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:02 pm

Rapaport is your typical manufactured "celebrity".
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,488

Post#80 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:05 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Rapaport is your typical manufactured "celebrity".

wHat does that even mean? I'm confused, he was on multiple television shows.

Return to Toronto Raptors