ImageImageImage

2021 Fantasy B-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,339

Re: 2021 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#361 » by sunskerr » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:38 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Does anyone else feel like the Yahoo Fantasy app has the worst notification settings? First of all, their player news sends like 3 notifications per player when they go from GTD to OUT to INJ to OUT in about 30 seconds (only for that player to end up playing), and then they notify you of every single add and drop, individually. I've tried to play around with which notifications I get, but their options seem pretty trash too. I just want to know when a player on my watch list is added or dropped and the status of my player an hour before tipoff. Is that too much to ask for? Am I just an idiot who doesn't know how to set my notifications up correctly?

Yahoo has been AWFUL this year. They got rid of gifs in the player discussions (player chat was fun for reactions), and have been terrible about Out/GTD/INJ statuses. Even more, they have not updated player positions in months, despite guys like Kyrie playing at SG for almost 3 months now.

I love the yahoo app as I think it is much cleaner than ESPN and yahoo has been superior overall in years past but this year they've really been genuinely poor.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#362 » by wheezy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:18 pm

Top 7 spots in dynasty all within 7 points. Looks like it may go down to the last week.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#363 » by sunskerr » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:30 am

holy **** I got lucky picking up Noel because of Kyrie's absence opening up a spare roster spot. Decided on a whim to just fill in the last roster spot with the Noel handcuff and cut Kleber to get KPJ back in the lineup, and Mitch Rob immediately breaks his foot.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#364 » by TASTIC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 pm

sunskerr wrote:holy **** I got lucky picking up Noel because of Kyrie's absence opening up a spare roster spot. Decided on a whim to just fill in the last roster spot with the Noel handcuff and cut Kleber to get KPJ back in the lineup, and Mitch Rob immediately breaks his foot.

Ha yeah you're welcome! He'd sucked for a few games so I cut him. Big Noel fan if he could just get it all together
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#365 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:32 pm

Well it looks like im headed for a G-League demotion for the first time in my Fantasy career!

Christ my team got absolutely SCREWED by injuries and other anomalies. Durant/Levert/Galo have missed MONTHS of games, Wall/Ball/Rose/Siakam have all missed around 10-20 games a piece. Horford was playing great when he played, but it was too great for OKC's tanking job so they started sitting him for 2 games after every game he played before doing something i have never seen and just listing him Out For Season. Not injury related or anything, just Out For Season because he was ruining their tank averaging 14/7/4/1/1 in just 28 minutes a game. Crazy. Anyways he missed 20 games as well because of "Coaches Decision". My main rebound/blocks guy Deandre Jordan has been demoted to a meme bench reaction gif supplier thanks to the addition of Griffin/Alderidge/Johnson. He's lucky to break 12 minutes a game with like 5 blocks total last month. 56 total blocks on the season show how much he went down.

Only bright spots have been Young putting up the same numbers as last season except for averaging around 6 points per game less, and Sabonis having a great season and putting up multiple triple-doubles while becoming my best rebounder with around 11 a game. Other than that i have been SOL with bottom tier replacement players.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#366 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Well it looks like im headed for a G-League demotion for the first time in my Fantasy career!

Christ my team got absolutely SCREWED by injuries and other anomalies. Durant/Levert/Galo have missed MONTHS of games, Wall/Ball/Rose/Siakam have all missed around 10-20 games a piece. Horford was playing great when he played, but it was too great for OKC's tanking job so they started sitting him for 2 games after every game he played before doing something i have never seen and just listing him Out For Season. Not injury related or anything, just Out For Season because he was ruining their tank averaging 14/7/4/1/1 in just 28 minutes a game. Crazy. Anyways he missed 20 games as well because of "Coaches Decision". My main rebound/blocks guy Deandre Jordan has been demoted to a meme bench reaction gif supplier thanks to the addition of Griffin/Alderidge/Johnson. He's lucky to break 12 minutes a game with like 5 blocks total last month. 56 total blocks on the season show how much he went down.

Only bright spots have been Young putting up the same numbers as last season except for averaging around 6 points per game less, and Sabonis having a great season and putting up multiple triple-doubles while becoming my best rebounder with around 11 a game. Other than that i have been SOL with bottom tier replacement players.

So, no more rigged drafts in Premier? :cool:
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#367 » by TASTIC » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:03 am

Kerrsed wrote:Well it looks like im headed for a G-League demotion for the first time in my Fantasy career!

To be fair every one of those guys except Siakam are all injury prone/missed significant chunks of seasons...

The Horford thing is odd. Surprised a contender didn't nab him for an expiring or he wasn't bought out. Love Sabonis, have him in dynasty and he's so good
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#368 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:42 am

sunskerr wrote:Dynasty league:

Taking offers for Kevin Porter Jr if anyone is interested in trading for a future star. Would like a wing with some boards or maybe a young big.

Is he as good as Desmond Bane?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#369 » by sunskerr » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 am

MrMiyagi wrote:

Taking offers for Kevin Porter Jr if anyone is interested in trading for a future star. Would like a wing with some boards or maybe a young big.

MrMiyagi

Post#370 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 pm

sunskerr wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Well, you do have future star Kevin Porter Jr. after all.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#371 » by sunskerr » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:03 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Well, you do have future star Kevin Porter Jr. after all.

Yeah I’ll just let the 21 year old point guard averaging 15/6 who balls out every time Wall rests hit the waivers. Heck maybe I’ll trade him for Delon Wright.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#372 » by wheezy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:05 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Spoiler:
MrMiyagi wrote:

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#373 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:20 pm

I have 10 guys injured or out in premier with one more dtd. Ridiculous.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#374 » by Desertfox » Mon May 3, 2021 4:12 pm

Ahhh!!! I accidentally dropped the wrong J. Holiday in Premier! Who do I talk to to undo it?
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#375 » by bigfoot » Wed May 5, 2021 1:56 am

Are we in for an exciting finish in dynasty??
MrMiyagi

Post#376 » by MrMiyagi » Wed May 5, 2021 9:10 am

bigfoot wrote:Are we in for an exciting finish in dynasty??
I'm finally starting my climb to the top!
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#377 » by sunskerr » Thu May 6, 2021 9:00 pm

bigfoot wrote:Are we in for an exciting finish in dynasty??

Bruh it shouldn’t even be this close even with the extra 12 games up my sleeve but even the streamers I pick up to replace core guys are getting injured.

There’s no shame in losing to this level of play from Steph Curry. And although a win with a squad as young as mine would be insane, I think it’s pretty fair to say if both our teams had no injuries whatsoever that your team is better.

Next year we need to be able to drop guys and add from waivers/activate from IR on the same day.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#378 » by Golanator » Fri May 7, 2021 12:29 pm

What was the rule about missed games?

I see a few teams aren’t going to come close to playing all their 72 at each position
MrMiyagi

Post#379 » by MrMiyagi » Fri May 7, 2021 6:48 pm

Golanator wrote:What was the rule about missed games?

I see a few teams aren’t going to come close to playing all their 72 at each position
This season has been so screwed, I'm not sure it should apply this year. We should probably vote on it.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#380 » by wheezy » Fri May 7, 2021 6:54 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
Golanator wrote:What was the rule about missed games?

This season has been so screwed, I'm not sure it should apply this year. We should probably vote on it.

Doesn't seem like it should apply given the circumstances. How many teams would it even affect though?

Return to Phoenix Suns