ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1501 » by Kuya » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:48 pm

Oubre for Markkanen would have been a robbery for us
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1502 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:09 pm

Kuya wrote:Oubre for Markkanen would have been a robbery for us

Its just fit.. he's not fitting well there, Oubre not fitting well here.. but yeah I think just based on RFA status alone, Lauri has the big value edge there.

I would have been pretty interested in something like:

Oubre/2 2nds

for

Lauri / Hutchison / Gafford

Gafford assumes the Looney role, Lauri takes over the SF spot and gives us a legitimate shooter at the position, Hutch we take for salary reasons to help out the Bulls and help with the value for Gafford

Ah well. Our deadline had a lot of missed opportunities and now I think the best case scenario for Oubre is a 1+1 or a 1 year deal, and if not that, let him walk
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1503 » by kingcong95 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:22 pm

I can understand Myers passing on this if he considers Oubre a better investment than Markannen if both command similar salaries. Oubre can at least defend on ball, and doesn't miss 30 games a year.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1504 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:43 pm

kingcong95 wrote:I can understand Myers passing on this if he considers Oubre a better investment than Markannen if both command similar salaries. Oubre can at least defend on ball, and doesn't miss 30 games a year.

We'd retain S&T rights, RFA rights, etc.. as a value piece, Lauri is far more valuable than Oubre, and would guarantee that we would retain the salary slot.

If Lauri for Oubre was on the table and he didnt take it, I'm going back to my 2 possible options:

1) we bungled this
2) we had no intention of retaining the salary slot beyond this year
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1505 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:43 pm

FNQ wrote:

Its just fit.. he's not fitting well there, Oubre not fitting well here.. but yeah I think just based on RFA status alone, Lauri has the big value edge there.

Oubre/2 2nds

for

Gafford assumes the Looney role, Lauri takes over the SF spot and gives us a legitimate shooter at the position, Hutch we take for salary reasons to help out the Bulls and help with the value for Gafford

Ah well. Our deadline had a lot of missed opportunities and now I think the best case scenario for Oubre is a 1+1 or a 1 year deal, and if not that, let him walk

Wouldn't letting him walk be a bit of a disaster? Unless we S+T him for a TE, we lose that full salary slot. And given we are crazy over the cap (Curry, Klay, Wigg, Dray alone puts us over the lux tax line) that seems like a huge whiff for us - one we can't really recover from unless we nail every minimum salary signing and draft pick. Unless there is some fancy contractual maneuver I'm missing.

Having Oubre is better than having nothing. The Q for me is would it be better to have Kelly or a trade exception...
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1506 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:54 pm

and1GS wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Oubre/2 2nds

for

Wouldn't letting him walk be a bit of a disaster? Unless we S+T him for a TE, we lose that full salary slot. And given we are crazy over the cap (Curry, Klay, Wigg, Dray alone puts us over the lux tax line) that seems like a huge whiff for us - one we can't really recover from unless we nail every minimum salary signing and draft pick. Unless there is some fancy contractual maneuver I'm missing.

Having Oubre is better than having nothing. The Q for me is would it be better to have Kelly or a trade exception...

If we sign him beyond 1 year, we're running the risk of keeping him. And I'd rather lose the salary slot than keep someone who's not helping the team.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#1507 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:30 pm

Or maybe if the Bulls weren't willing to extend Markkanen, they concluded he was more in the Bargnani vein, not worth retaining.

Or acquiring.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1508 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:55 am

wco81 wrote:Or maybe if the Bulls weren't willing to extend Markkanen, they concluded he was more in the Bargnani vein, not worth retaining.

Or acquiring.

So we're using the Chicago Bulls front office as our guide for what moves are saavy or not?

No matter how its laughably spun, Markkanen fits better here than Oubre (duh) and his contract situation retains more value as well. If it was available, it was a bad move to miss out. Just like the Dinwiddie thing.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1509 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:27 pm

I heard Myers say twice that there are things we just aren’t privy to in regards to the trade offers and he wouldn’t go into it further.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#1510 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:45 pm

FNQ wrote:
wco81 wrote:Or maybe if the Bulls weren't willing to extend Markkanen, they concluded he was more in the Bargnani vein, not worth retaining.

Or acquiring.

So we're using the Chicago Bulls front office as our guide for what moves are saavy or not?

No matter how its laughably spun, Markkanen fits better here than Oubre (duh) and his contract situation retains more value as well. If it was available, it was a bad move to miss out. Just like the Dinwiddie thing.

No I'm not saying they're right.

He's shot 43.6/36/84.7 in 196 games over 4 seasons. 7.4 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 0.4 blocks. 16.3 PPG.

How much do you pay for that? He can't guard 2s and 3s, maybe not 4s either. KO can't either. Better shooter. Probably looking for $20 million and up.

I wouldn't have been opposed to such a trade. But I don't know that it's some great improvement unless he's shooting around 40% on good volume all the time.

On defense might be an issue.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1511 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:04 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I heard Myers say twice that there are things we just aren’t privy to in regards to the trade offers and he wouldn’t go into it further.

lol almost goes without saying. Although itd be fun for fans, cant imagine that sharing a lot of details is good for his job security or his relationships with the other GMs

I'm just miffed on the Dinwiddie one.. maybe he opts out and its a nothingburger, but we have a situation that may have convinced him to opt in for a year and build value.. playing with Curry and Klay can do that for guards.

Oh well, its all rearview now.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#1512 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:02 pm

What would Warriors give up in picks and rookies to trade Wiggins for Wood and Eric Gordon?

'21 GSW FRP, Wiggins, Paschall, Poole? Less?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1513 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:02 pm

zimpy27 wrote:What would Warriors give up in picks and rookies to trade Wiggins for Wood and Eric Gordon?

Why not just do Wiseman for Wood straight up? There's no point in having both Wiseman and Wood on the roster at the same time as there's positional overlap AND Wood would (reasonably) play many more minutes than Wiseman, which would probably hurt Wiseman's value.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#1514 » by watch1958 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:03 pm

FNQ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I heard Myers say twice that there are things we just aren’t privy to in regards to the trade offers and he wouldn’t go into it further.

lol almost goes without saying. Although itd be fun for fans, cant imagine that sharing a lot of details is good for his job security or his relationships with the other GMs

I'm just miffed on the Dinwiddie one.. maybe he opts out and its a nothingburger, but we have a situation that may have convinced him to opt in for a year and build value.. playing with Curry and Klay can do that for guards.

Coming back from the injury, it's hard to imagine Dinwiddie turning down the option, but....
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1515 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:22 pm

zimpy27 wrote:What would Warriors give up in picks and rookies to trade Wiggins for Wood and Eric Gordon?

Take out Poole and I'd make that trade yesterday. Wood is the truth.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#1516 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:30 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

Why not just do Wiseman for Wood straight up? There's no point in having both Wiseman and Wood on the roster at the same time as there's positional overlap AND Wood would (reasonably) play many more minutes than Wiseman, which would probably hurt Wiseman's value.

I think that makes sense but thought perhaps Warriors fans would see it as an over pay. You'd probably have to send Looney and Wiseman for salary match.

Though I do think Wiseman and Wood could work together for stretches with Wiseman backing up Wood. Both getting 30 mpg over a season.

But yes Wood for Wiseman makes a ton of sense.

Could even do Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, '21 FRP for Wood and Gordon
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#1517 » by cpower » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:17 pm

Everyone just getting better, if you look at Denver, 76ers, Nets, Lakers, Jazz... their depth is just so much better comparing to us even with Klay back next year..
Denver: Jokic, Murray, Porter, Gordan, Millsap, Barton, McGee
76ers: Embiid, Simmons, Harris, Green, Curry, Howard, Milton
Nets: KD, Harden, Irving, Harris, Griffin, Aldridge ,Jordan, Dinwiddie
Lakers: Lebron, AD, Schroder, Gasol, KCP, Harrell, Drummond, Kuzma
Jazz: Gobert, Mitchell, Conley, Clarkson, Bojan, Ingles, Favours

we need to add a star or 2 very good role players to have a chance against them.. if we want to win now, we have to make a move on Wiseman and the draft, there is no other way around it...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1518 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:30 pm

watch1958 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Coming back from the injury, it's hard to imagine Dinwiddie turning down the option, but....

Yeah there's 2 ways to see it:

1) He cruises on his reputation to get a longer contract with around the same AAV
2) he bets on himself blowing up

I'd think, in GS, he goes with option 2
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Kawhi 

Post#1519 » by cpower » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:44 pm

I can see Kawhi wanting to go somewhere else after this fall if Clippers dont make it out of west. If he wants to S/T, we should all in on him (try to keep Curry/Klay/Green but can give up on anything else) Do you think Wiggins/Poole/Wiseman/ 2 FRPs would do ?
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1520 » by and1GS » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:43 pm

Well seeing as Kawhi has a PO next season then is a UFA I'm not sure why any team would trade that much for him....

Return to Golden State Warriors