ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Kevin Durant beef with Michael Rapaport

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Re: OT - Kevin Durant beef with Michael Rapaport 

Post#101 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:If the NBA doesn’t suspend KD then we should all be up in arms at yet another example of their hypocrisy

The NBA won't do ****. They'll make him apologize and pay some nominal fine.

So basically being a racist owner gets you banned from the league (Sterling), being anti Semitic ends your career (Leonard), but homophobic superstars get off?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#102 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:35 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:If the NBA doesn’t suspend KD then we should all be up in arms at yet another example of their hypocrisy

So basically being a racist owner gets you banned from the league (Sterling), being anti Semitic ends your career (Leonard), but homophobic superstars get off?

Superstars are the ones who make the league money. They are pretty much free to say or do whatever they want. Over the years, guys have been involved in rape, domestic violence, and said all sorts of awful things, and the worst they ever got was a slap on the wrist.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#103 » by FreshyFlames » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:58 pm

RIP Kobe wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
RIP Kobe wrote:
:lol:

WHAT? telling some dude to suck a dick is now homophobic?

true clown world. ya'll are ridiculous reaching with your "-phobic" narrative for everything that is published on the WWW.

Yes and everything else he said is homophobic. Very much so.

Your opinion is ridiculous.

Giving a platform to people like you to voice their opinions is what’s wrong with society.

There's way worse things going on in society. Like right winged racists running loose and many people including here defending them.
Raps in 6ix
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,829

Post#104 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:01 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

There’s a joke there that I won’t say
T_saurus
Junior
And1: 395

Post#105 » by T_saurus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm

Remember those commercials when they were promoting KD like Grant Hill aka the nicest guy in the league?

He's come a long way.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,620

Post#106 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:32 pm

How stupid and sensitive is KD to engage in any twitter fights? Why wouldn't his agent tell him, go off social media for a year, be like Kawhi.

But the "homophobic" insults - Kobe and Rondo were disciplined for similar, will Silver punish KD?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
ironmanm20
Freshman
And1: 75

Post#107 » by ironmanm20 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:42 pm

bon wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
RIP Kobe wrote:
:lol:

WHAT? telling some dude to suck a dick is now homophobic?

true clown world. ya'll are ridiculous reaching with your "-phobic" narrative for everything that is published on the WWW.

Ah, but calling Durant a p*ssy is just fine. Got it.

Not to be that guy, but despite what we think the term “pussy” is a short form of pusillanimous which means cowardly or weak:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pusillanimous
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#108 » by RIP Kobe » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:59 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

i'm offended that you even had that thought. now ban yourself indefinitely.

see how ridiculous this is? to be offended over. every. little. thing.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#109 » by RIP Kobe » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:01 pm

ironmanm20 wrote:
bon wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Ah, but calling Durant a p*ssy is just fine. Got it.

Not to be that guy, but despite what we think the term “pussy” is a short form of pusillanimous which means cowardly or weak:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pusillanimous

words have multiple meanings??? since when??????? BAN. CANCEL. I HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR JOB!

/green
shefcurry
Junior
And1: 616

Post#110 » by shefcurry » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:10 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Money is the most honest thing on the planet. People spout whatever platitudes they want, but what they do with their cash tells you how they really feel. Kevin Durant is a supertar and makes the league and the Nets buckets and buckets of money.

That should tell you the going price of the NBA's moral authority.
MonkBatter42
RealGM
And1: 21,120

Post#111 » by MonkBatter42 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:11 pm

Andrew_M08 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Chandan wrote:so... KD is a racist.

I see where you are going - probably more of a homophob though. IMO since racism is all to do with a dominant group screwing over a subordinate one, it's tougher for KD to be racist towards Rappaport. Our friend MR is from the dominant group in terms of race (ie his whiteness doesn't really put him at a disadvantage in life overall).

But KD doesn't identify as Queer, so he his power as a straight dude - and a very influential one at that, makes what he did that much more destructive and damaging - ie. imagine you were a gay basketball player in high school and all your teammates where all amped over what KD said....

Lol hating on someone because of their different skin complexion is racist, period, regardless of whether it's white vs black or black vs white. Doesn't matter about so called "power dynamics" or "group dominance".

OP is an adherent to the re-definition of racism within academia (i.e. critical race theory/critical legal theory), which stands in opposition to the dictionary definition and the broad and common understanding of the term. But now we're just delving into semantics. It begs the question, if someone eschewed the term "racist" and instead said, "KD is a bigot", does that really change anything? Is that less bad than being a racist? Is KD more absolved because he''s not white? Are we supposed to rationalize his words and conduct? It really is a distinction without a difference.
MonkBatter42
RealGM
And1: 21,120

Post#112 » by MonkBatter42 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 pm

Not only is KD unhinged, but he actually threatened Rapaport with physical harm, and specified doing so in a manner that is particularly egregious within the context of Covid. In Canada (at the very least), this would constitute the formation of the grounds for police to lay a criminal charge of Uttering Threats to cause bodily harm. So on top of the all the bigoted vitriol, there is also potentially a crime here. If the NBA doesn't take swift action, especially in light of the Myers Leonard incident, the league/Adam Silver would be shown to be so fundamentally hypocritical and unprincipled.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,413

Post#113 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:34 pm

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Raps in 4 wrote:

The NBA will punish him more than it would if it was another star. Durant isn't exactly the darling of the NBA - though he has been one of the top players.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,829

Post#114 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:35 pm

RIP Kobe wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

i'm offended that you even had that thought. now ban yourself indefinitely.

see how ridiculous this is? to be offended over. every. little. thing.

From the General Board about this topic.

What makes it worse is that this was all staged and there is still the blatant homophobia.

As someone who is part of the LGBTQ+, this was the type of stuff that made it so hard for me to embrace myself and accept myself for years. I correlated with liking guys as being bad. I do not wish the same for other LGBTQ+ youth

I suggest you look in the mirror, think about words said and how they impact people beyond your little bubble. Words matter. Empathy matters.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#115 » by Oakville_Raptor » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:05 am

If KD gets off scot-free it shows how pathetic this world has become
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#116 » by ruckus » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:07 am

I'm bringing the word pusillanimous to general usage.

Any English majors know the proper usage? Can I say "Pusillanimous Pascal avoided driving the lane due to Gobert's presence"?
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#117 » by Pointgod » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:43 am

2019nbachamps wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Sterling was an outright racist and openly hostile to his employees, Myers Leonard flat out said an anti semetic slur in public. Durant said some insults that’s heavily open to interpretation as homophobic in private. There’s levels to this ****
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#118 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:23 am

WillGraham wrote:
Andrew_M08 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
I see where you are going - probably more of a homophob though. IMO since racism is all to do with a dominant group screwing over a subordinate one, it's tougher for KD to be racist towards Rappaport. Our friend MR is from the dominant group in terms of race (ie his whiteness doesn't really put him at a disadvantage in life overall).

What if... KD is a more dominant race than I am in North America. But since I grew up here, I self identify as White, and how does all that factor in?
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#119 » by Westside Gunn » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:23 am

cum guzzler isnt homophobic. by monopolizing this word as homophobic, you are implying everyone in the homosexual community are cum guzzlers. thats creating unnecessary stereotypes.

michael rapaport is an OG though. he says it like it is no holding back
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Post#120 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:41 am

Pointgod wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Sterling was an outright racist and openly hostile to his employees, Myers Leonard flat out said an anti semetic slur in public. Durant said some insults that’s heavily open to interpretation as homophobic in private. There’s levels to this ****

What? Sterling’s call with his girl was private. Leonard was playing games in private.

What are you taking about?

Anyways just as Sterling and Leonard deserved their punishment, so too does Durant. Lost in all this is he threatened to assault the guy which is...a crime...

Return to Toronto Raptors