Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#44 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:09 am

Diallo wow man
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#45 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:10 am

whitehops wrote:yeah... really not liking cory joseph's game. dude overdribbles and has almost no scoring ability so he forces a decent amount of things.

the offense flowed much better with wright :(
That was kinda the idea. Trade good for bad and lose.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#46 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:10 am

Honestly, we should be giving all Joseph’s minutes to Lee.

I hope we trade Joseph before next season starts. But nobody is gonna trade for Joseph, the player. We have no reason to “showcase” him. A team will be trading for Joseph’s contract.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#47 » by chrbal » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:10 am

CoJo is like a veteran tank commander. Be just good enough to help the younger guys improve, but not talented enough to be a real threat for playing time once Hayes gets going.

Diallo needs to start going forward.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#48 » by Manocad » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:11 am

I know it's a small sample size but given that, at this point if there was a hypothetical situation where it was Diallo or Josh Jackson, well...pack your bags, JJ. He can't carry Diallo's jock at the moment.
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 549

Post#49 » by guldakot » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:11 am

This team is so damned long and athletic it really is beautiful, so much defensive potential and its nice to see players actually finish at the rim. Diallo is the anti KCP at the rim lol.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#50 » by whitehops » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:12 am

Piston Pete wrote:Honestly, we should be giving all Joseph’s minutes to Lee.

I hope we trade Joseph before next season starts. But nobody is gonna trade for Joseph, the player. We have no reason to “showcase” him. A team will be trading for Joseph’s contract.

i really hope joseph doesn't see the floor when DSJ or hayes come back. he probably will still get minutes but oh well...
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#51 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:13 am

Diallo’s best position?

PG?
SG?
SF?
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#52 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:13 am

chrbal wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:Oh good another thread whining about draft position. If only there was a thread dedicated to that
They gotta stop naming these the game thread. It needs to be named "Draft Pick Bitchfest #47" or whatever game it is.

Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#53 » by detroitKG » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:14 am

:o

Read on Twitter
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#54 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:15 am

DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:They gotta stop naming these the game thread. It needs to be named "Draft Pick Bitchfest #47" or whatever game it is.

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

It has nothing to do with them “blocking” someone else.

It has everything to do with “resting” them to pile up losses.
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 549

Post#55 » by guldakot » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:17 am

DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:They gotta stop naming these the game thread. It needs to be named "Draft Pick Bitchfest #47" or whatever game it is.

Im coming from the angle that our rooks and the rest of our youth are playing above expectations, it really is sort of an awesome problem to have. Bey Stewie Lee and now Diallo are all more then I could have hoped for before the season started. Couple that with Grant playing above expectations and Plumlee being much better then I thought he would be and I'm actually surprised more then anything.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#56 » by Invictus88 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:19 am

Piston Pete wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:

It has nothing to do with them “blocking” someone else.

It has everything to do with “resting” them to pile up losses.

Earlier on you had Blake and Derrick Rose each playing 30 per. That's 60 extra minutes to distribute now. Take away those 60 minutes and you'd sometimes see Bey with single digit minutes. And it would come a game after he sank 5 threes.

The only thing I see now is a b**chfest from people complaining about people who were complaining in previous game threads and aren't now that there are minutes to spread around.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#57 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:20 am

I swear it feels like we went a decade without an athletic wing on this roster worth a real damn. Now we have several 6'6 to 6'8 guys on the roster. Imagine Tony Snell being the best wing your team has had in years. YUUUCCKK!

whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#58 » by whitehops » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:20 am

looks like bey did shuffle a bit during lillard's drive, sucks for bey's game to end like that but it was the right call. hopefully he shakes it off and has a good game next time.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#59 » by The Moose » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:20 am

Manocad wrote:I know it's a small sample size but given that, at this point if there was a hypothetical situation where it was Diallo or Josh Jackson, well...pack your bags, JJ. He can't carry Diallo's jock at the moment.

now the question is what type of contract is Diallo expecting this offseason
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#60 » by chrbal » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:21 am

DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Once (well assuming) Cook gets a contract, Plumlee and Grant should get there minutes trimmed a little. But there really is no one they are blocking.

Return to Detroit Pistons