ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 49 - Clippers v. Orlando 7 p.m. Prime Ticket

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Re: Game 49 - Clippers v. Orlando 7 p.m. Prime Ticket 

Post#61 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:08 am

I love how all the blame is being put on Kawhi, who actually played, and not the $190 million man who enjoyed yet another day off.

On a side note: I'm officially done with Pat Bev. It feels like he spends more time on the bench with an injury than on the court ever since he signed that $40 million contract extension. He needs to be traded in the offseason. Yet another bad contract by our front office.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#62 » by RingColluder » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:28 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I love how all the blame is being put on Kawhi, who actually played, and not the $190 million man who enjoyed yet another day off.

On a side note: I'm officially done with Pat Bev. It feels like he spends more time on the bench with an injury than on the court ever since he signed that $40 million contract extension. He needs to be traded in the offseason. Yet another bad contract by our front office.

From the 3rd quarter on, the entire offense was Kawhi ISO's. Nothing he can do when the team around him gives him virtually nothing.

I also did not appreciate PG laughing it up with 2 minutes to go - we would be a significant better team with a legit PG and bigman instead of his max contract. He is the furthest thing from a leader.

Isn't Bev in his last year right now? With TMann playing how he has, I doubt Bev stays on the team unless it's at minimum, plus Rondo has another year left on the deal.

I've noticed since Rondo came on board Bev has been way less vocal in general on the bench.

I'm most concerned with the knees of PG and Morris. That **** will linger :noway:
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#63 » by esqtvd » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:12 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Save us Patrick Patterson

we were not giving proper credit to Pat Pat and Coffey for their share in the Mann/Kennard resurgence

Mann is 2-10
Kennard is 5-15

let's hold the phone on all those new depth charts

ICYMI. Mann finished 3-12, Kennard finished 6-16 and fouled out.

Pat Pat [19 minutes plus+5] and Coffey [20 minutes plus+4] were the only Clippers to finish in the black
against a lottery team that just dumped its top 3 players

personally I think Ty and Kawhi knew JUST what they were doing tonight
sent a message not only to the back of the rotation that they ain't all that
can't even beat a lottery team

and to the front of the rotation--we need you back
but show up with your "A" game
because frankly, the B-team has been showing you up

and the C-team [Patterson and Coffey] has been showing you ALL up
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#64 » by TheNewEra » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:22 pm

esqtvd wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Save us Patrick Patterson

we were not giving proper credit to Pat Pat and Coffey for their share in the Mann/Kennard resurgence

Mann is 2-10
Kennard is 5-15

let's hold the phone on all those new depth charts

ICYMI. Mann finished 3-12, Kennard finished 6-16 and fouled out.

Pat Pat [19 minutes plus+5] and Coffey [20 minutes plus+4] were the only Clippers to finish in the black
against a lottery team that just dumped its top 3 players

personally I think Ty and Kawhi knew JUST what they were doing tonight
sent a message not only to the back of the rotation that they ain't all that
can't even beat a lottery team

and to the front of the rotation--we need you back
but show up with your "A" game
because frankly, the B-team has been showing you up

and the C-team [Patterson and Coffey] has been showing you ALL up

Those guys hardly ever play so I would of hoped for more from them.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#65 » by TheNewEra » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:24 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:I love how all the blame is being put on Kawhi, who actually played, and not the $190 million man who enjoyed yet another day off.

I think both Beverly and Rondo should be back next game since they were able to run full court practices with contact. As for Beverly and injuries this might be his last year but he’s expiring next season so anything can happen
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#66 » by NickP » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 pm

One game. That's all this was. After beating more worthy competition this team took its foot off the gas and lost the game as they were caught looking ahead to the next game. I do not think the sky is falling!
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#67 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm

NickP wrote:One game. That's all this was. After beating more worthy competition this team took its foot off the gas and lost the game as they were caught looking ahead to the next game. I do not think the sky is falling!

It's not one game, it's the same patterns we've been seeing all season. Blown leads and total inability to score or defend in clutch time.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#68 » by playaloc916 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:38 pm

Yeah, it was a bad loss. Totally winnable. But with the team so short handed and probably beyond gassed, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the season. They went away from what was working in the first half, Magic played with a lot of heart, Kawhi made some questionable plays down the stretch, and Mann tried to continue to brute force his way to the basket but wasn't effective. Fatigue? Maybe. Bad habits? Maybe.
But throw in one more healthy body and the outcome is likely different. Now if the team was fully healthy and lost like this, that would be alarming.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#69 » by nickhx2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:14 pm

8 man rotation on dead legs, like who cares lmao
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,191

Post#70 » by Clemenza » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:18 pm

It was a choke but not a signature choke. The team was beyond gassed and we needed more players to suit up this game off a back to back but instead more players sat out. Bad shooting and bad shot selection in the 2nd half from everyone last night. 5 games in 7 days.. all will be forgiven if we get the win against Denver tomorrow. Bron, KD, and AD are the only dudes not playing right now but they're injured. The best players on every other contending team is playing right now. Wtf is going on with us and these injuries? I say forget about Pat Bev and just role with what we have now. I made a remark on another Clipper board how our next alternate jersey should look like street clothes. We should've won that game though. I do think the role players did just enough for Kawhi to 'bring us home' in the end. Didn't happen, oh well
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#71 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:30 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NickP wrote:One game. That's all this was. After beating more worthy competition this team took its foot off the gas and lost the game as they were caught looking ahead to the next game. I do not think the sky is falling!

It's not one game, it's the same patterns we've been seeing all season. Blown leads and total inability to score or defend in clutch time.

This type of games exactly the reason we trade our 3rd best Iso Scorer for someone to bring different dimension the our offense nobody on the team provides. Lets see how that will turn out.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#72 » by RingColluder » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:38 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

This type of games exactly the reason we trade our 3rd best Iso Scorer for someone to bring different dimension the our offense nobody on the team provides. Lets see how that will turn out.

And you mean 3rd best Iso scorer as in PG right? LOL. Morris is our 2nd best ISO scorer.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,663

Post#73 » by KL2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#74 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:33 am

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#75 » by NickP » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:53 am

RingColluder wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:It's not one game, it's the same patterns we've been seeing all season. Blown leads and total inability to score or defend in clutch time.

And you mean 3rd best Iso scorer as in PG right? LOL. Morris is our 2nd best ISO scorer.

These garbage PG takes are getting old.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#76 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:17 am

NickP wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:This type of games exactly the reason we trade our 3rd best Iso Scorer for someone to bring different dimension the our offense nobody on the team provides. Lets see how that will turn out.

Given the messages in PM's I have been receiving regarding your posting history I'll just pass on responding :lol: :lol:
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#77 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:06 am

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

0 excuses, it's against the Magic, come on.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#78 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:52 am

RingColluder wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:It's not one game, it's the same patterns we've been seeing all season. Blown leads and total inability to score or defend in clutch time.

Ridiculous. :crazy:

We trade(sacrifice) Lou for a playmaker(rondo) this roster hasn't had for a while. I just hoped people would understand without names written. :noway:
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#79 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:28 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:This type of games exactly the reason we trade our 3rd best Iso Scorer for someone to bring different dimension the our offense nobody on the team provides. Lets see how that will turn out.

Ridiculous. :crazy:

We trade(sacrifice) Lou for a playmaker(rondo) this roster hasn't had for a while. I just hoped people would understand without names written. :noway:

OK, but Morris still should be our 2nd best offensive ISO option. PG is a spot up player not an iso shooter.

PG is the better player, but offensively Morris is the better option. We can go stat by stat, play by play on it if you want that to be a discussion.

And at the contracts, I'd argue Morris is by far the better value.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#80 » by NickP » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:51 am

RingColluder wrote:
NickP wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Given the messages in PM's I have been receiving regarding your posting history I'll just pass on responding :lol: :lol:

Um yeah! I am sure you're flooded with messages about my posting history.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers