ImageImageImage

Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#261 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:39 pm

suns12345 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:We have more close game experience than the Jazz which could be massive in a conference finals.

I like Philadelphia as the East matchup.

Thats one way to look at it...

As long as we fix these 4th quarter **** shows though.

It wasnt so long ago we won a 4th quarter 40-12 or something like that. These things come in waves.
For sure, lots of ebs and flows to a season.

Now I'll say last night was encouraging not only because of the results but how they did it. They had gotten a little too booker and Paul focused late in games and last night they actually ran a play in the post for Ayton and then a really nice out of timeout for Bridges. To me it showed they looked at the problem and found some answers. Booker and Paul are obviously going to be heavily involved late games but good to mix it up and keep opponents guessing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#262 » by Revived » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:15 am

Read on Twitter

Glad Paul sees this as a problem as well.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#263 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:53 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

He also said something like: I hate losing more than I love winning. I guess that is the same mindset that some of us have here (you know the "haters" "75% negative in a winning season" and whatnot people). I wonder if people put CP on the ignore list as well when he tires to iron out the quirks... :D
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#264 » by sunsbg » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:09 am

Bogyo wrote:
He also said something like: I hate losing more than I love winning. I guess that is the same mindset that some of us have here (you know the "haters" "75% negative in a winning season" and whatnot people). I wonder if people put CP on the ignore list as well when he tires to iron out the quirks... :D

You seem to have come down to less than 50% lately, which is great. ;) All people ask for is some balance. Point out the bad, but point out the good as well and generally better to not call people who do a good job 'lazy bums'. In Ayton thread it was probably 90% bad for those labeled "haters". I also want to criticize Ayton sometimes. I did it once and for my surprise same person who thinks DA should get 10M contract replied he was a monster last season. Go figure.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#265 » by Revived » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:33 am

Bogyo wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

It was kinda weird to hear Monty say after this same game something like “Oh it doesn’t bother me that we’re barely closing out these games, a win is a win even if it’s an ugly win against teams with a quarter of their payroll sitting out due to injury”.

I think for Monty just winning anyway is good enough because his career record as a HC before this season is quite full of losses. On the other hand, CP3 is used to winning in the regular season so this isn’t some magical thing for him and rather it’s what he basically expects.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#266 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:30 am

sunsbg wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

You seem to have come down to less than 50% lately, which is great. ;) All people ask for is some balance. Point out the bad, but point out the good as well and generally better to not call people who do a good job 'lazy bums'. In Ayton thread it was probably 90% bad for those labeled "haters". I also want to criticize Ayton sometimes. I did it once and for my surprise same person who thinks DA should get 10M contract replied he was a monster last season. Go figure.

Becouse I am human too. Like I only asked for DA to give effort 9 out of 10 games, which we never really got up untill nowish. I can have one or 2 bad posts - or more like badly worded posts, especially since english is only my 2nd language - in the almost 2000 I put up here in the last 7 years... And I still stand by that opinion that I don't think JJ is breaking the sweat working the phones. But that's just an opinion, none of us have inside info one way or the other. Just the moves he made, and the moves that other teams made meanwhile lead me to believe this more than one time.

As for that post, I was frustrated how we were not addressing our one glaring weakness, while other teams we are competeing with are trying to do so. Which does not mean that they will ultimatley succeed, as nothing is guaranteed, but if they don't it's not for the lack of trying. But this topic has been beaten to death by now as well.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#267 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:09 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

He knows what it takes to be prepared for the playoffs, and he isn't saying anything most of us don't already know and are concerned about.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#268 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:11 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

He knows what it takes to be prepared for the playoffs, and he isn't saying anything most of us don't already know and are concerned about.

Emphasis on the "most" :lol:
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#269 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:26 pm

Bogyo wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

:eyebrows:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#270 » by sunsbg » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:28 pm

Bogyo wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

The next VP, GM and coach of your Phoenix Suns, ladies and gentlemen. :lol:
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#271 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:06 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:He knows what it takes to be prepared for the playoffs, and he isn't saying anything most of us don't already know and are concerned about.

:D good one. I'd suck at coaching most likely, don't have my X's and O's like I should for an NBA team. The other stuff I got down, and I'd do it for half price of whatever Sarver is paying them now! :D Win-win-win. Sarver gets to save some money, Bogyo gets significantly richer, while doing a job he'd love, Sunsbg and the rest of the guys here get multiple championships for the Suns. Deal? :D
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#272 » by sunsbg » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:47 pm

Bogyo wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

:D good one. I'd suck at coaching most likely, don't have my X's and O's like I should for an NBA team. The other stuff I got down, and I'd do it for half price of whatever Sarver is paying them now! :D Win-win-win. Sarver gets to save some money, Bogyo gets significantly richer, while doing a job he'd love, Sunsbg and the rest of the guys here get multiple championships for the Suns. Deal? :D

Deal. I can join as the Gorilla replacement as long as I hang around the dancers most of the time. ;)
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#273 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:32 pm

Sunsbg hired!

Return to Phoenix Suns