Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,114

Re: 3/31/21 | Toronto Raptors @ OKC Thunder | 8PM CST 

Post#21 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:25 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Basketball gods are against us...crazy Svi miakxxakeke block (goaltend?) then crazy In & out from Siakam :(

And Toronto legitimately sucks. I don’t understand how but they just haven’t very good.

taking bad shot after bad shot.

No idea if locker room issues, staying in Tampa...

They still may end up with a better record than us because they are in the East but it's gonna be close.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#22 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:32 am

Read on Twitter

I miss Billy Donovan.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#23 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:52 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
And Toronto legitimately sucks. I don’t understand how but they just haven’t very good.

They were bad last year, they just didn’t know it. There really is something about winning culture that works in the nba. Post championship hangover in thinking you can hang with the best.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:00 am

Moses with 20 and 12.

OKC is going to keep competing this year and in the future. It’s time to stop hoping for losses and hope Kenrich, Roby, Maledon, Svi, Poku, Ty, and Moses turn into legitimate players, either to be packaged in deals or to be high level role players.

Coach diagonal is an excellent developmental coach and motivator. Hopefully he becomes a good game manager and innovator.

Presti is just going to have to be innovative going forward. It’s a problem that they’ve been so good, no doubt. But it’s a problem with benefits. Cindy Crawford could have moped about that mole on her face, but she made it a beauty mark instead and became the hottest woman on earth.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#25 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:08 am

jake_swivel wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

They were bad last year, they just didn’t know it. There really is something about winning culture that works in the nba. Post championship hangover in thinking you can hang with the best.

The hangover + playing in Tampa must play a part, but it's really embarrassing to have players like FVV, Siakam, Anunoby, and lose to Detroit, Houston, Cleveland, and us in only a couple weeks. I still think they'll finish with a better record than us, but the chances of finishing in that 5th spot is getting bleaker with every win.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#26 » by Old Man Game » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:45 am

Our problem is we've got players who aren't especially good, but they're a bunch of hard scrabble try hard types like Svi and Williams and Bradley fighting for their NBA lives and the last thing they're going to do is lay down and die in a game like this like they should. Really depressing.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#27 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:32 am

We’ve always needed to get lucky and that hasn’t changed. It’s actually become even more true because we’ve done a poor job at eliminating the need for luck. The problem as Old Man Game said is a lot of these guys don’t look like even high end role players on a good team. They are just fighting for their careers. That’s basically leaves us with hoping one of the following comes true:

1- we get lucky in the lottery. The fact that the houston pick might not convey or might be number 5 is pretty lucky in itself. Also, there have been teams every year draft at much different positions than their records.

2- move up on draft night. I know this is the one that most people think is impossible but most of the teams with the top five picks are teams with bad management. Let’s say Detroit falls to five, can Troy Weaver be convinced to pass on Kuminga or Suggs and take Keon Johnson who is a defensive athlete?

3-presti has to find the guy we are sleeping on. Remember, shai was picked 11th.

4- trade for someone like kat. Not my first choice but beggars can’t even choosers.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,544

Post#28 » by Devilanche » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:21 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I miss Billy Donovan.

I’m not even convinced that lineup will lose right now.

We need 5 of us to take time off work and get down to the court ....
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:41 pm

Devilanche wrote:

Speak for yourself. I have great fundamentals and Napoleon complex. I’d fit in great. Never die!

(Just kidding, I haven’t touched a basketball in like 8 years, but I started on my junior high team and we won state. No big deal.)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:55 pm

Read on Twitter

bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:02 pm

I predict making the play-in next year and I choose to be happy about it.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,544

Post#32 » by Devilanche » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:06 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

Speak for yourself. I have great fundamentals and Napoleon complex. I’d fit in great. Never die!

(Just kidding, I haven’t touched a basketball in like 8 years, but I started on my junior high team and we won state. No big deal.)

If you can even make one basket you are off the team ! We want those who can barely run up court
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:12 pm

jake_swivel wrote:I predict making the play-in next year and I choose to be happy about it.

You can report me for spamming.

In all seriousness, I worry about that this feel good story of over achievers will end abruptly when we actually are trying to win and keep shai happy.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:14 pm

Spoiler:
ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:I predict making the play-in next year and I choose to be happy about it.

You can report me for spamming.

In all seriousness, I worry about that this feel good story of over achievers will end abruptly when we actually are trying to win and keep shai happy.

Yeah, I do too. It isn’t optimal. But also, I’m tired of being annoyed by it. I’m embracing it for my mental health.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#35 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:26 pm

I need Cade to be happy like Jake !
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:34 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I need Cade to be happy like Jake !

Cade is the one guy I have a hard time imagining any scenario we get him without the number one pick. I cam see a team passing on Mobley because he’s a big. I could see a team being willing to trade down if they don’t like Kuming or maybe even Suggs if they have shooting concerns or draft for fit. I haven’t seen many credible people not have him at number one.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#37 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:38 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I need Cade to be happy like Jake !

Cade is the one guy I have a hard time imagining any scenario we get him without the number one pick. I cam see a team passing on Mobley because he’s a big. I could see a team being willing to trade down if they don’t like Kuming or maybe even Suggs if they have shooting concerns or draft for fit. I haven’t seen many credible people not have him at number one.

yeah I was half kidding. Give me any of the top 5 and I'm a happy man.

I love Kuminga and think it may be easier to move up to get him (damn that 52/48 houston pick swap is basically a Kuminga flip :()
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#38 » by timO » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:35 pm

so frustrating, we cant tank

so we will have for sure a pre lotto 8-10 pick
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:56 pm

timO wrote:so frustrating, we cant tank

so we will have for sure a pre lotto 8-10 pick

Well that’s the best pick we’ve had since Harden. So there’s that.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder