Jordan Clarkson & Mike Conley Detail Near Death Experience on Jazz Plane

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Re: Jordan Clarkson & Mike Conley Detail Near Death Experience on Jazz Plane 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:38 pm

Yes, rumuors have it that Mitchell, who already had anxiety about flying, didn't want to get back on a plane. Thankfully we have a couple of home games coming up. Hopefully he is able to calm down about the event by the time it is time to fly to Dallas.
total1096
Freshman
And1: 75

Post#3 » by total1096 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:41 pm

Joe talked about it with PK on the Zone this morning. Very interesting and very scary. Said it was real hard to get back on that plane to go to the game and he wasn't alone in that thought.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#4 » by ForeverRDjazz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:51 am

total1096 wrote:Joe talked about it with PK on the Zone this morning. Very interesting and very scary. Said it was real hard to get back on that plane to go to the game and he wasn't alone in that thought.

Pretty sure they got onto other plane and had that one fixed. I'm hoping so. Wondered if that was why Mitchell didn't play that game? Kinda reminded me of the Hot Rod story and there plane landing in somebody's field. Hot Rod said he's not a man of God but they were all praying that day when landing that plane. I'm betting we have few Jazz players praying to land safe that day?
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#5 » by Rauxcee » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:01 am

I have the worst anxiety with flying. I can't even imagine going through something like that. Amazing those guys where able to play a decent game amd get a win after that.

I assumed thats why Mitchell was out, and I don't blame him at all. Scary stuff.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#6 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:24 pm

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Post#7 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:06 pm

You'd think that they would have enough advancements in engineering to design a plane that can withstand birds flying into an engine or both engines (I mean, this can definitely be possible, if there's a group of birds or what have you, not in the realm of impossibility that both engines get hit) that the plane can still make it out of it intact. Im glad the team landed safely. I have high anxiety as well whenever I fly (seldomly) and the part I dislike is the take off and the plane has to keep reaching higher altitudes.. I believe that is the time that the plane has the most possibility of something going wrong ..you hear the plane just pushing and pushing and the resistance of nature and physics trying to hold the plane back, but you keep pushing to go up higher. And all the myriad of parts rattle and shake like it is about to fall apart. God I hate that part. . I always sink into my chair and pray "God this is in your hands I trust you Man" and my palms are really cold and clammy. I usually look at the flight attendants' faces to gauge the level of alarm though, and usually they are just chill and chatting. lol.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Utah Jazz