Game 46: Miami Heat (23-24) @ Indiana Pacers (21-24) - 7:00PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Re: Game 46: Miami Heat (23-24) @ Indiana Pacers (21-24) - 7:00PM 

Post#2 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:35 am

To anyone who watched the game tonight can you answer this. At the very last minutes of the game after Sabonis came back in the announcers made the point that he went to the coaches and said passing by get McDermott back in the game since nobody was hitting other than LeVert hit a couple. The team wasn't getting him the ball. Sabonis got the reversal on a foul call. Then I see him just shaking his head repeatedly until the end of the game and mouthing something.

My question is was he upset at the officiating ? Was he upset with the coaching staff ? Was he upset with the offensive flow and his teammates not getting him involved ? Was he upset with himself being injured ? Was he upset because of losing to the Heat a game they could have played better in down the stretch and won ? Anyone have thoughts ? I know it could be all of above but what did you think he was visibly reacting to when they were doing close ups of him in the last minute ?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:39 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:To anyone who watched the game tonight can you answer this. At the very last minutes of the game after Sabonis came back in the announcers made the point that he went to the coaches and said passing by get McDermott back in the game since nobody was hitting other than LeVert hit a couple. The team wasn't getting him the ball. Sabonis got the reversal on a foul call. Then I see him just shaking his head repeatedly until the end of the game and mouthing something.

My question is was he upset at the officiating ? Was he upset with the coaching staff ? Was he upset with the offensive flow and his teammates not getting him involved ? Was he upset with himself being injured ? Was he upset because of losing to the Heat a game they could have played better in down the stretch and won ? Anyone have thoughts ? I know it could be all of above but what did you think he was visibly reacting to when they were doing close ups of him in the last minute ?

He had been upset late in the 4th with some bad or missed foul calls, but he was also having a rough 2nd half as he had to leave earlier to the locker room for knocking knees. He came back shortly, but had to loosen up on elliptical and run straight into the game. Not sure if either of those had anything to do with what you saw or not. There were some discussions in the 4th where Sabonis had clearly missed any and all defensive rotations, and then a couple bad passes.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#4 » by Wizop » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:12 pm

I thought he'd been kicked in the thigh rather than knocking knees, but it hardly matters.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers