Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: All kinds of rumors about Drummond 

Post#141 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Kiddlovesnets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote: :lol: Imagine them trying to play Drummond if we roll out the Harden/Irving/Harris/Green/Durant line up. Go for it, we'll be up by 25 within 4 minutes.

You seriously think so? Whos gonna get a board for us in this lineup against Lakers with Drummond? We will get killed on the glass, and Lakers will grab offensive rebounds for more than 50% of the shots they miss.

Gang rebound as usual. Meanwhile, we score every time down the floor.

You know how Youtube throws vids after you watched couple videos right, this guy obviously a Laker fan. That along with comment section is hilarious af :lol:

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#142 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:50 am

Watching Lakers Bucks now and Drummond looks horrible. All the criticisms levelled at him are glaringly obvious - not a good roll man or above the rim finisher, tries to do too much, lazy screens, average defensive presence...

Ultimately it doesn't mean anything since his role is to be LeBron and ADs hired muscle but he isn't as good as Dwight even at 35. No way.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#143 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:19 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Watching Lakers Bucks now and Drummond looks horrible. All the criticisms levelled at him are glaringly obvious - not a good roll man or above the rim finisher, tries to do too much, lazy screens, average defensive presence...

Ultimately it doesn't mean anything since his role is to be LeBron and ADs hired muscle but he isn't as good as Dwight even at 35. No way.

That is GOOD NEWS. Thanks for the update, Sasha.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#144 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:05 am

His first game and Andre Drummond went out with a bad toe.

His big toe was wrapped up pretty good and he had to leave with a limp.

It didn't look good.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#145 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:14 pm

Drummond was awful last night while Blake looks like a championship level role player. Lmao
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#146 » by HardenGoat » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:05 pm

I think our FO did their homework on this a long time ago and Drummond was never an option, not by his choice. LMA will help spread the floor, Drummond is a paint magnet. The fact they threw him in the game without any concern to his conditioning screams desperation. He hadn't played since Feb 12th.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#147 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:51 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:His first game and Andre Drummond went out with a bad toe.

His big toe was wrapped up pretty good and he had to leave with a limp.

It didn't look good.

Addition by subtraction. i like our chances better if he plays for them. get well andre
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#148 » by MGrand15 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:03 pm

Luckily his injury isn't serious but yesterday was a classic Drummond game. 2 for 6. 3 TOs. Trying to do too much on offense. No dunks. He plays like he's a skilled big man throwing up floaters, post ups, hook shots, bullet feeds. Stuff he's just horrible at. I'm sure he'll be better with Lebron but it's hard to win with a low bbiq type guy just throwing away possessions.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#149 » by HardenGoat » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:08 pm

Holy crap. I just saw Claxton’s numbers and its unbelievable. Best in NBA defensive rating 100.5, offensive rating 115.6 and net rating of 15.1. I think this tendinitis thing hid the diamond when the burglars were going room to room.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#150 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:13 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Holy crap. I just saw Claxton’s numbers and its unbelievable. Best in NBA defensive rating 100.5, offensive rating 115.6 and net rating of 15.1. I think this tendinitis thing hid the diamond when the burglars were going room to room.

Claxton has all-nba defense material. he isnt the rim protector that allen is for instance but overall he is disruptive. not many guys his size can not just hang with smalls but lock them down. what he did vs lillard was downright impressive.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#151 » by Kiddlovesnets » Fri Apr 2, 2021 8:24 am

Aldridge looks great for us, though I believe Drummond would've been similar if not even better if he played with us. Apparently every all-star level teammate became worse playing with Lebron or in his system, while Nash and Harden knew how to utilize the playyers to play to their strength. If Lakers got Griffin and Aldridge, they would quickly become their scapegoats.

With this being said, I hope we can keep Aldridge this summer and he will play the David West(Warriors 2017-2018) role for us. For Griffin though, lets see how his health holds up. He looks good so far but can he stay healthy, thats a question to be answered coming into playoffs time.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:10 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:Aldridge looks great for us, though I believe Drummond would've been similar if not even better if he played with us. Apparently every all-star level teammate became worse playing with Lebron or in his system, while Nash and Harden knew how to utilize the playyers to play to their strength. If Lakers got Griffin and Aldridge, they would quickly become their scapegoats.

With this being said, I hope we can keep Aldridge this summer and he will play the David West(Warriors 2017-2018) role for us. For Griffin though, lets see how his health holds up. He looks good so far but can he stay healthy, thats a question to be answered coming into playoffs time.

Drummond is a career loser/underachiever at every level who is a net negative.

LMA/Blake are just victems of father time. but they are good, skilled, smart players.

Drummond is an awful, lowiq, player who is just enormous enough to get rebounds
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#153 » by sashaturiaf » Mon May 3, 2021 6:29 am

A month into the Drummond experience and the Lakers are under .500 and Laker fans are all crying out for Dwight and even Marc Gasol. Drummond ain't it..

He is who we thought he was. Poor finisher despite his size, low IQ defender and he is probably unplayable down the stretch in any close playoff game.

Ben McLemore though that was a very underrated pickup for them(albeit a Klutch collusion special). One of the sweetest J's in the league and got some handle, he got some baby Ray Allen in him
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#154 » by HardenGoat » Tue May 4, 2021 4:50 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:A month into the Drummond experience and the Lakers are under .500 and Laker fans are all crying out for Dwight and even Marc Gasol. Drummond ain't it..

He is who we thought he was. Poor finisher despite his size, low IQ defender and he is probably unplayable down the stretch in any close playoff game.

Ben McLemore though that was a very underrated pickup for them(albeit a Klutch collusion special). One of the sweetest J's in the league and got some handle, he got some baby Ray Allen in him

Drummond got 4 pts, 1 assist, and no rebounds yesterday in 22 minutes. There was some troll on here saying he was the 3rd head of the lakers "big 3" and we should pack it in for this year. LOL

Bmac is a great shooter and can get on a streak. Defensively he becomes a liability in the playoffs. Lakers gave up Danny Green and Rondo which is going to bite them in the end.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#155 » by Prokorov » Tue May 4, 2021 4:53 pm

Drummond is an unplayable negative for any team trying to win a title
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#156 » by HardenGoat » Tue May 4, 2021 5:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:Drummond is an unplayable negative for any team trying to win a title

I have to admit I was wrong, I thought at first he could help with rebounding and be an anchor point but he is lacking in agility and becomes a defensive liability. Plus he is not efficient and insists on being a post up player, a ball stopper. Imagine him stealing plays away from KD and even Kyrie, it would be a disaster!As much as we whine about DJ I would rather have him especially when Harden is back.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#157 » by Prokorov » Tue May 4, 2021 5:12 pm

HardenGoat wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Drummond is an unplayable negative for any team trying to win a title

I have to admit I was wrong, I thought at first he could help with rebounding and be an anchor point but he is lacking in agility and becomes a defensive liability. Plus he is not efficient and insists on being a post up player, a ball stopper. Imagine him stealing plays away from KD and even Kyrie, it would be a disaster!As much as we whine about DJ I would rather have him especially when Harden is back.

The thing is, "good rebounders" are not useful in a league where over 50% of rebounds are uncontested and opponents have 1 or less players in the paint offensively after a shot goes up on nearly half of the possesions. It is the reason we see so many triple-doubles today where as in the past, small players getting 10 rebounds was a feat.

Kidd had to battle real bigs. Shaq, Mourning, Camby, Duncan, Robnsion, hakeem, etc...

Westbrook is getting them with teams playing guys like christian wood, richaun homes, blake/green, Boucher, thomas bryant.

I mean let me visualize this. imagine trying to grab a rebound from BOTH antonio davis and dale davis

Vs trying to grab a rebound without asingle opponent inside the 3 point line

you dont need drummond to be a decent rebounding team. and you dont even need to value rebounding to be a good/great team.

Return to Brooklyn Nets