ImageImageImage

Game 47: Chicago Bulls at Phoenix Suns, Wednesday, March 31st, 7pm

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Re: Game 47: Chicago Bulls at Phoenix Suns, Wednesday, March 31st, 7pm 

Post#221 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:10 pm

Revived wrote:Patrick Williams has a nice future in this league. Booker cooked him cause I don’t think he’s ready for that type of a matchup yet especially for a full game but he’ll be a solid defender vs other PFs soon. I like his game, Bulls just need to get a PG and they can finish their rebuild quicker if Lavine stays healthy. I like Rubio a lot for them.

Read on Twitter

That particular play was fantastic, but he is RAW.

He scored well last night, but he usually can not score because he is a bit lost on offense.

And defensively he was one of the bigger reasons why Book scored 45 points on 24 shots. He could not handle him at all, Temple would have done a way better job on Book than him.

I would say that Jalen Smith is probably as ready as Patrick Williams, but we can not find it out because we are a serious winning team that are not trying to develop rookies.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#222 » by ATTL » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:32 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:Patrick Williams has a nice future in this league. Booker cooked him cause I don’t think he’s ready for that type of a matchup yet especially for a full game but he’ll be a solid defender vs other PFs soon. I like his game, Bulls just need to get a PG and they can finish their rebuild quicker if Lavine stays healthy. I like Rubio a lot for them.

Read on Twitter

That particular play was fantastic, but he is RAW.

He scored well last night, but he usually can not score because he is a bit lost on offense.

And defensively he was one of the bigger reasons why Book scored 45 points on 24 shots. He could not handle him at all, Temple would have done a way better job on Book than P. Willimas.

I would say that Jalen Smith is probably as ready as Patrick Williams, but we can not find it out because we are a serious winning team that are not trying to develop rookies.

I dont know why that was considered a block. I have seen nothing in aytons career that indicates he would have attempted that dunk. If he actually caught it he would have come down with it first before attempting a layup. That's assuming he was able to catch it which I doubt.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Post#223 » by Frank Lee » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:33 pm

There is absolutely nothing to indicate Smith is ready for anything, but blind hope.

Book scored on everyone last night.
What ? Me Worry ?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,031

Post#224 » by sunsbg » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:14 pm

Simply no place for Smith in the rotation which may change in case of an injury to one of the bigs. If Pokusevski on OKC team, who is rail thin can start in this league, then Jalen can play some minutes as well. He has already shown some toughness(had a good block vs Jokic) and skill as well.

On another note, OKC are perfect example there are no easy games in this league. They were hanging with the Mavs in the game I watched and beat Toronto last night. Just shows no names/teams missing a star player can give a trouble to the favorites when playing hard.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#225 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:19 pm

Frank Lee wrote:There is absolutely nothing to indicate Smith is ready for anything, but blind hope.

Jalen has only one game with over ten minutes played. so its really tough to gauge.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#226 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:37 pm

Revived wrote:I get kings4win and king4day confused every now and then lol. One is a Kings fan that’s trolling us for some unknown odd reason and the other is loyal Suns fan and poster that contributes to good discussions.

kings4win btw is the guy that posted about how Booker is a complete empty stats guy and then created a thread on this Suns forum about how we should trade Paul for Westbrook lmao :lol:

Given the way Westbrook has been playing I did wonder if Paul retired after next year what our team would be with Westbrook. He is really balling lately. I posted that statline of 35, 21 assists and 14 boards. Almost led them to a win against a good team without Beal.

Would help with our rebounding.

It's interesting this user has a matching IP with another Suns poster.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#227 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:42 pm

Saberestar wrote:I can't even understand how Booker scored 45 points. He scored efficiently and he didn't take bad shots.

17/24 shooting for a perimeter player is RIDICULOUS.

He is already the best scorer in the franchise's history.

He may be..probably is, now if he could crack the top 10 or 20 in 3 pt shooting he may be the best scorer in the league. Seriously if he went from 35% to 43% or something he would potentially be among the top 2-3 guards in TS%, and among the top 2-3 in scoring per game.

Of course he won't keep this efficiency up so I do with Ayton would get more shots..he doesn't score as much but on much higher efficiency than the last two years so his scoring is better, just not higher. I like going to Booker as much as possible in games like this of course, but they will be pretty rare. They really didn't have a good defender to put on him given they were playing so big.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#228 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:45 pm

Frank Lee wrote:There is absolutely nothing to indicate Smith is ready for anything, but blind hope.

What contender or top team in the league is playing a rookie?

Jalen Smith on a lottery team would be playing every night. He has the skills and the mindset...but for now he is not better than the veteran guys that we have on the rotation.

He will have a role on this team next season.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#229 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:I get kings4win and king4day confused every now and then lol. One is a Kings fan that’s trolling us for some unknown odd reason and the other is loyal Suns fan and poster that contributes to good discussions.

kings4win btw is the guy that posted about how Booker is a complete empty stats guy and then created a thread on this Suns forum about how we should trade Paul for Westbrook lmao :lol:

Given the way Westbrook has been playing I did wonder if Paul retired after next year what our team would be with Westbrook. He is really balling lately. I posted that statline of 35, 21 assists and 14 boards. Almost led them to a win against a good team without Beal.

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#230 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:56 pm

RunDogGun wrote:

Jalen has only one game with over ten minutes played. so its really tough to gauge.
Yeah none of us have any idea what Smith is right now. It's not out of the question that he's looking good in practice and could give them some minutes if needed. With Frank out we just might find out soon.

Now it's definitely been an unfortunate start to his career. Had he not hurt his ankle early he probably gets some of those Jones minutes when Saric was hurt then Smith got Covid and that really set things back.

When I watched smith after they drafted him I came away feeling like he was pretty damn raw both physically and skill wise so I didn't think he would play much this season. That's not to imply he was a bad prospect though, what he could become as a rim protector on D and floor stretcher/rim runner on O is nice and useful skill set.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#231 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:02 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Now that is intresting! :o I'd love to know that or start guessing, but I'd probably offend somebody with the latter, and I'll never get to know the real answer. But that is kinda strange if you ask me... Having 2 accounts here and one just for trolling? Someone has too much time on their hands... But it would be good to know who the other account is, so we could put it on ingore list as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#232 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:06 pm

Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Now that is intresting! :o I'd love to know that or start guessing, but I'd probably offend somebody with the latter, and I'll never get to know the real answer. But that is kinda strange if you ask me... Having 2 accounts here and one just for trolling? Someone has too much time on their hands... But it would be good to know who the other account is, so we could put it on ingore list as well.

It's happened with several posters. At least 4 off the top of my head...and I'm sure more. 3 have current accounts now and 2 are posting ok, but if this is truly the same poster it is odd, because despite some bad posts in the past, the other account is posting pretty good posts.

Then again, Qwigglez matches about 20 other people on realgm, including other mods....who I think all work at the same place, so things like that can happen too.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#233 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It's happened with several posters. At least 4 off the top of my head...and I'm sure more. 3 have current accounts now and 2 are posting ok, but if this is truly the same poster it is odd, because despite some bad posts in the past, the other account is posting pretty good posts.

Then again, Qwigglez matches about 20 other people on realgm, including other mods....who I think all work at the same place, so things like that can happen too.

Oh, that is much more likely then - or something like this. You'd really have to be a bit crazy to have two accounts on a message board and use one for trolling only, while make normal posts with the other. :D
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#234 » by oddity » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:22 pm

Book's shot was beautiful last night. Every three was a rainbow, soft as silk. That's the type of shooting that could turn him into a superstar.
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#235 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:24 pm

I'm kind of hoping we move him this summer before teams learn he's not good.
I hope I'm wrong of course and he becomes something but so far, he doesn't look NBA ready and is a couple of years out from being a late 2nd string, early 3rd string contributor.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#236 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:26 pm

Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

Oh, that is much more likely then - or something like this. You'd really have to be a bit crazy to have two accounts on a message board and use one for trolling only, while make normal posts with the other. :D

It's happened a lot, but usually with users who are banned and you see an immediate new account created. There have been a few otherwise though, like someone having read only access on the GB creating a second one, and a few just simply having more than one account because you could tell they posted about the same things.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#237 » by wheezy » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:44 pm

Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

And yet it is kind of common on instagram.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,653

Post#238 » by Qwigglez » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It's happened a lot, but usually with users who are banned and you see an immediate new account created. There have been a few otherwise though, like someone having read only access on the GB creating a second one, and a few just simply having more than one account because you could tell they posted about the same things.

Jokes on everyone, I actually have multiple personalities so I have many different accounts. Surprised I haven't gotten them confused and accidentally posted on the Suns board using one of the Blazers accounts.

Just kidding. In case that needed to be said
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,923

Post#239 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

VPN maybe? Mine probably says I'm in Los Angeles, which I am definitely not.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#240 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:26 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

Jokes on everyone, I actually have multiple personalities so I have many different accounts. Surprised I haven't gotten them confused and accidentally posted on the Suns board using one of the Blazers accounts.

Just kidding. In case that needed to be said

April fools day anyways. I believed the multiple personalities :D but the Blazers part was too ridicoulus. :D

Return to Phoenix Suns