If Minnesota Ends Up With 4th or 5th Overall Post-Lottery: Siakam to T’Wolves

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

If Minnesota Ends Up With 4th or 5th Overall Post-Lottery: Siakam to T’Wolves 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:50 am

Ricky Rubio, Josh Okogie, Juan Hernangomez and 4th/5th Overall for Pascal Siakam

The Raptors could let Lowry go in free agency and try to get creative in the market with cap space even with Trent’s cap hold to rebuild a new young core.

The T’Wolves double down on Russell/Towns by adding a perfect fit to their roster. They have a solid overall team after this if coached right and if they stay healthy.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Re: If Minnesota Ends Up With 4th or 5th Overall Post-Lottery: Siakam to T’Wolves 

Post#2 » by AingesBurner » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:54 am

If you’re trading that pick then Bam might be an option if Miami does terrible.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Re: If Minnesota Ends Up With 4th or 5th Overall Post-Lottery: Siakam to T’Wolves 

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:59 am

If Minnesota's pick is 4th or 5th it goes to Golden State.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#4 » by NYG » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:59 am

Whoops, you can lock it. I had a brain fart and thought the pick had top 5 protection, not top 3.
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#5 » by Zan Tabacco » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:44 am

Raps accept the top 3 pick for Siakam.
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#6 » by TheProfessor » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:00 am

If Minni gets 3, I could see something like Rubio+3 for Siakam
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#7 » by BK_2020 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:54 pm

Minny's not trading a top 3 pick for Siakam. If they get a top 3 pick they are more likely to trade KAT for future assets to build around Ant-Man and the Top 3 pick.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#8 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:06 pm

delete
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 361

Post#9 » by Xman » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:30 pm

If Minny ends up top 2 - they might trade down instead of duplicating their current stars. Siakam would be a perfect fit for their biggest need.
Toronto could offer up Siakam and 7 for pick 2 (or 1), Culver and salary filler (Ricky Rubio, Josh Okogie, Juan Hernangomez).

Toronto would gets a stud rookie to rebuild around.
Minny would get a strong lineup:
pg Russell
sg Edwards
sf rookie (Jalen Johnson would be a great fit but Kispert or Barnes would be great options)
pf Siakam
c KAT
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,554

Post#10 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:37 pm

Xman wrote:If Minny ends up top 2 - they might trade down instead of duplicating their current stars. Siakam would be a perfect fit for their biggest need.
Toronto could offer up Siakam and 7 for pick 2 (or 1), Culver and salary filler (Ricky Rubio, Josh Okogie, Juan Hernangomez).

Toronto would gets a stud rookie to rebuild around.
Minny would get a strong lineup:
pg Russell
sg Edwards
sf rookie (Jalen Johnson would be a great fit but Kispert or Barnes would be great options)
pf Siakam
c KAT

Timberwolves are not trading down from #2--thats ridiculous.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#11 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:24 pm

TheProfessor wrote:If Minni gets 3, I could see something like Rubio+3 for Siakam

I'm thinking you're a Raps fan. Cant envision MIN bails out of this draft for Siakam

MIN isnt as far away as their record indictates.. if they get a top 3 pick (assuming its Cade or Mobley) and find a way to get rid of DLo, I think that's a really solid team - especially if its Mobley, who might be able to be paired with KAT. But really I think the big MIN move will be trying to acquire Boucher.

So in short, I think that a top 3 pick, + filler, for Siakam and Boucher.. that might have some legs. MIN might be desperate enough to find the complement next to KAT that they'd trade a great pick for 2 players that could fit perfectly next to KAT (though Siakam might have to play 3 mostly, which isn't great)
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,080

Post#12 » by mademan » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:52 pm

Ya, the Minny i've watched this year has looked below average when Towns plays and not complete garbage like they've been without him. I think a couple tweaks in the offseason and they can right the ship and be decent next year with lots of potential. I dont think they need to make a big move right now besides trying to dump D'Lo. He's not a good player and is an awful fit, but he's a difficult contract to get out from underneath
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#13 » by Couch Potato » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:24 pm

FNQ wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:If Minni gets 3, I could see something like Rubio+3 for Siakam

I'm thinking you're a Raps fan. Cant envision MIN bails out of this draft for Siakam

MIN isnt as far away as their record indictates.. if they get a top 3 pick (assuming its Cade or Mobley) and find a way to get rid of DLo, I think that's a really solid team - especially if its Mobley, who might be able to be paired with KAT. But really I think the big MIN move will be trying to acquire Boucher.

So in short, I think that a top 3 pick, + filler, for Siakam and Boucher.. that might have some legs. MIN might be desperate enough to find the complement next to KAT that they'd trade a great pick for 2 players that could fit perfectly next to KAT (though Siakam might have to play 3 mostly, which isn't great)

Get rid of DLO? Isn't DLO KAT's friend? All ends all Wolves need to start over. I'm sure Booker would push the Suns to get in the bidding for KAT and well DLO. Not so sure they could get both in first try unless Ayton goes beast mode. Also moreless forces the Suns to trade CP3 as well. CP3 is the glue getting the Suns to the playoffs. Unless Bridges/Ayton gets you Kat or whatever close either side or what. Worry about DLO following trade deadline after summer big trade.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,724

Post#14 » by HotelVitale » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:07 am

Not saying this ends the conversation, but remember that Siakam is on a full max that averages $34m over the next 3 years. Has to influence this somehow.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:38 am

If Minny get a top 3 pick them they keep it and select an SF.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,711

Post#16 » by MessiahUjiri » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:38 am

BK_2020 wrote:Minny's not trading a top 3 pick for Siakam. If they get a top 3 pick they are more likely to trade KAT for future assets to build around Ant-Man and the Top 3 pick.

It’s ridiculous to suggest that Minny would value an proven pick over KAT, a 25 year old All Star who is locked up for multiple years.

I know this board has a draft pick fetish, but sheesh. Stop dismissing young NBA All Stars just because it’s easier to fantasize about ‘what if’.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,711

Post#17 » by MessiahUjiri » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:45 am

zimpy27 wrote:If Minny get a top 3 pick them they keep it and select an SF.

That’s reasonable, but its equally possible that their management thinks they’ve extended the losing culture for far too long. At a certain point, if they want to win, they will want to prioritize winning culture instead of accumulating more picks. KAT/DLo may get upset if they keep losing.

As a team, they’re loaded with young talent in KAT, Russell, Edwards and Culver.

I think they certainly don’t trade the #1 pick for Siakam, but the 2 or 3 pick, yeah I think the OP suggestion might be reasonable.

Russell / Edwards / Culver / Siakam / KAT

Beasley as sixth man, with some FA gets to reinforce defense and culture.

Shooting, passing and rebounding at all 5 positions. That’s pretty dope.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#18 » by sip » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:16 pm

No you can't see something like that because Siakam isn't worth even close to a top 5 pick in this draft.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#19 » by sip » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:23 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:If Minny get a top 3 pick them they keep it and select an SF.

That’s reasonable, but its equally possible that their management thinks they’ve extended the losing culture for far too long. At a certain point, if they want to win, they will want to prioritize winning culture instead of accumulating more picks. KAT/DLo may get upset if they keep losing.

As a team, they’re loaded with young talent in KAT, Russell, Edwards and Culver.

I think they certainly don’t trade the #1 pick for Siakam, but the 2 or 3 pick, yeah I think the OP suggestion might be reasonable.

Russell / Edwards / Culver / Siakam / KAT

Beasley as sixth man, with some FA gets to reinforce defense and culture.

Shooting, passing and rebounding at all 5 positions. That’s pretty dope.

Raptors fans trying to sell Siakam as being worth pick 2-3. Hell no. Also you clearly haven't been paying much attention to the wolves. Culver isn't even in the conversation as a key cog going forward right now. McDaniels and Nowell are two key young players though.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 361

Post#20 » by Xman » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:27 pm

Minny cannot trade the pick without getting a first back (at least pre draft due to owing GS).

So, #10 for TOR PLUS Siakam.

Seem like worth more than #3 - maybe not worth #1 -
#2 seems ok espescailly since Mobley and KAT probably cannot play well together.

Return to Trades and Transactions