ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#141 » by Suwanee » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:58 am

FlipFlopShot wrote:Alright, the rotation is set, pending finals.

Kyrie / Harden / Harris / KD / LMA
Shamet / Brown / Green / Griffin / Claxton

!!!!!!!!

That second unit can beat a lot of teams’ starting lineup. Scary Hours!
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#142 » by Paradise » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:11 am

Nash confirmed DJ has been demoted to the “Stay Ready” group.

Feels like the season just started lol
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Post#143 » by HardenGoat » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:25 am

LMA post ups open up our shooters. You need that when the game slows in the post season. This guy is not washed. Good lord ... this is going to be something when we roll the whole product out. Friggin awesome :rock: :rock:
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#144 » by DarkXaero » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:35 am

therealbig3 wrote:Things that I’ve heard from a particular poster, followed by the reality:

-Blake is a corpse, terrible defensively, will barely contribute...has been very good on both ends of the court and has added additional versatility to our lineups

-Aldridge is a corpse, makes Blake look like Wilt, one of the worst defensive players in the league, shouldn’t play except for blowouts...posts a near double double in his first game with us, and had a serious defensive impact for us, helping us hold the opponent to 11 points in the 1st quarter

-DJ is still a really good role player, way better than Griffin or Aldridge, should definitely get more minutes than at least Aldridge...DNP today and we didn’t miss a beat, and Aldridge had a better game than like 90% of DJ’s games this year

-Nash is an awful coach that can’t coach a kindergarten team who is directly responsible for bad things that happen, and even when we do well, it’s in spite of him, easily the worst coach in the league...well:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2068920

Imagine being so aggressively wrong about things. It’s fine being wrong, but the aggressive certainty and over the top rhetoric makes this especially funny lol.
Can't forget the Claxton will be a Whole Foods employee in a year or so take. That's the best one
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#145 » by Paradise » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:38 am

I’m more inclined to believe that Spencer will return next season with some of these new additions.

Nets still have 4-5 2nd rounders to package during the Draft, still have exceptions in case of an injury, etc.

We’re beyond loaded.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,559

Post#146 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:41 am

Paradise wrote:I’m more inclined to believe that Spencer will return next season with some of these new additions.

Nets still have 4-5 2nd rounders to package during the Draft, still have exceptions in case of an injury, etc.

We’re beyond loaded.

I'm not sure how next season works out. If we win a title i'm sure guys will want to stay but at what cost?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#147 » by Basileus777 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:43 am

Paradise wrote:I’m more inclined to believe that Spencer will return next season with some of these new additions.

We’re beyond loaded.

He's 100% opting out. If he stays it's because Tsai throws the middle finger up at the luxury tax.

And there is some incentive to do it, as they still need to convince the big three to resign.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,819

Post#148 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:48 am

HardenGoat wrote:LMA post ups open up our shooters. You need that when the game slows in the post season. This guy is not washed. Good lord ... this is going to be something when we roll the whole product out. Friggin awesome :rock: :rock:

Although he is the 4th option. He's the best 4th option in the league

That turnaround on the left block always gonna be unstoppable, you can only hope he misses it. Double him there and it's a simple kickout to our 3 point shooters, easiest pass in the game.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,842

Post#149 » by Norm2953 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:25 am

Blazers fan...

I was wondering if honestly if LA looked as good as everyone is saying he looks. Veteran guys who go to a
contender, always seem to be able to raise their games when opportunity comes
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#150 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:35 am

Norm2953 wrote:Blazers fan...

I was wondering if honestly if LA looked as good as everyone is saying he looks. Veteran guys who go to a
contender, always seem to be able to raise their games when opportunity comes

Its hard to say. This game was a blowout from tip off. we were up 20 points in no time and it was a laugher that never was close. LMA had a few nice turn around jumpers and a corner three. made some high IQ passes. hit a corner three. 11 points on 10 shots was kind of meh, but you saw all the shots he can hit and his iq.

Will be better to see him vs a better team or in a closer game. both teams seemed to coast after the 1st quarter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#151 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:40 am

therealbig3 wrote:Things that I’ve heard from a particular poster, followed by the reality:

-Blake is a corpse, terrible defensively, will barely contribute...has been very good on both ends of the court and has added additional versatility to our lineups

Blake has been solid offensively in limited action. as i said, his ability to hit the 3 will decide whether he plays over jeff green when KD returns. his charges are a nice surprise, but overall on D hes been an immobile slug.

-Aldridge is a corpse, makes Blake look like Wilt, one of the worst defensive players in the league, shouldn’t play except for blowouts...posts a near double double in his first game with us, and had a serious defensive impact for us, helping us hold the opponent to 11 points in the 1st quarter

11 points on 10 shots in a blowout isnt something to beat your chest about. did nothing on defense but stand there like an immobile statue. this is a perfect display of what to worry about as far as mobility. We know that the offensive beast known as biyombo couldnt dominate him. not exactly a huge feat
-DJ is still a really good role player, way better than Griffin or Aldridge, should definitely get more minutes than at least Aldridge...DNP today and we didn’t miss a beat, and Aldridge had a better game than like 90% of DJ’s games this year

DJ is a really good role player and nearly every game he had this year has been better on both ends then what Aldridge did tonight. him being out of the rotation is due to nash being a moron. we will need his rim running and shot blocking in the playoffs.
-Nash is an awful coach that can’t coach a kindergarten team who is directly responsible for bad things that happen, and even when we do well, it’s in spite of him, easily the worst coach in the league...well:

Nash is the worst coach in the league and he proves it every game.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:40 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Incoming Prok comments about how Aldridge is a bench warmer and Nash should have been fired yesterday. Brace yourselves!

you have jokes now... but nash is going to cost us a title.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#153 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:41 am

Papi_swav wrote:Blake and LMA are turning back the clock with this team. I don't see how we lose

You dont see how we lose? the 3 games prior to tonight it took eveyrthing we had to hold on to beat 3 of the worst teams in all of basketball.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#154 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:47 am

Weird game. It felt like a satruday afternoon game. We got up by 20 and it seemed like both teams just coasted and were calling the game there.

Great to see shamet back and hitting shots. Hopefully this means no TLC when harden is back.

Only 13 minutes for claxton. thats without blake. he needs to play more. its one thing to bump DJ but claxton is our best defender. I think we are going a bit overboard with 5 out. Claxton needs to play.

Green looks to be more then a hot early start. great year for him. if he can do this in the playoffs too thats huge.

Kyrie nearly dunking in traffic. he has an extra hop in his step since being a dad for the second time.

Whatever our rotation becomes... as long as TLC sits, we dont have a 0 anywhere. its either a shooter, a high IQ, or a defender who can finsih. defensively there are weaknesses but every single defensive liability we have can hit threes and score. great job by marks. would feel better with a wing defender for the playoffs. bring shump back

I know people hate DJ... but to say LMA had a great game.... i mean, is the bar so low for him that shooting 40% from the field against cody zeller/biyombo is viewed as some good performance? 11 points on 10 shots?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#155 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:47 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Incoming Prok comments about how Aldridge is a bench warmer and Nash should have been fired yesterday. Brace yourselves!

you have jokes now... but nash is going to cost us a title.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Grinch has arrived
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,232

Post#156 » by Papi_swav » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:57 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Blake and LMA are turning back the clock with this team. I don't see how we lose

You dont see how we lose? the 3 games prior to tonight it took eveyrthing we had to hold on to beat 3 of the worst teams in all of basketball.

here comes the nit picker. I'm saying i dont know how we lose the championship Einstein. Do I literally have to spell everything out for you. Don't come here with your salt because everybody else here is giving you crap for being wrong like you always are.

"Claxton is a bum, he should be in the D league, trade him". "Griffin is a corpse and a waste of a roster spot". "LMA will have a bunch of DNPs and he makes Blake look like Wilt" . :lol: lmao dude just shut up already.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#157 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:00 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

here comes the nit picker. I'm saying i dont know how we lose the championship Einstein. Do I literally have to spell everything out for you. Don't come here with your salt because everybody else here is giving you crap for being wrong like you always are.

"Claxton is a bum, he should be in the D league, trade him". "Griffin is a corpse and a waste of a roster spot". "LMA will have a bunch of DNPs and he makes Blake look like Wilt" . :lol: lmao dude just shut up already.

I'm not always wrong. in fact the majority of the time im right and I always admit when im wrong (like with Claxton recently).

You come out of the wood work and take your cheap shots at me when you can because you are obsessed with me and then go back under your rock. par for the course for a parasite like yourself.

It is clear how we can lose the championship.... for the same reason awful teams can take us down to the wire. we still have a bunch of defensive vulnerabilities and the worst coach in the league who cant make adjustments. those get maganified in a 7 game series with scouting vs. better coaches and offenses.

With KD can we overcome it? yeah. but we certainly are far from having no blindspots.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#158 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:02 am

This team is scary good. We'll be able to maintain all this guy's it'll be huge. let's just enjoy the ride guys.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,232

Post#159 » by Papi_swav » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:06 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm not always wrong. in fact the majority of the time im right and I always admit when im wrong (like with Claxton recently).

You come out of the wood work and take your cheap shots at me when you can because you are obsessed with me and then go back under your rock. par for the course for a parasite like yourself.

It is clear how we can lose the championship.... for the same reason awful teams can take us down to the wire. we still have a bunch of defensive vulnerabilities and the worst coach in the league who cant make adjustments. those get maganified in a 7 game series with scouting vs. better coaches and offenses.

With KD can we overcome it? yeah. but we certainly are far from having no blindspots.

Dude what the hell are u talking about taking cheap shots at u ? You literally comment on every post I make after a game, LITERALLY. And you always nit pick on any little thing. You sir are very delusional :lol: . I rarely comment on your crap because I know your always wrong and there will be even more egg on your face. You are crazy, I'm obsessed with u ? lmfaoooo bro I'm really dying over here :lol: you wish u had my bop chill out. Don't be mad cuz u can't soak the ism homie

I still stand by my comment, I don't see how we lose with all this fire power. Even if u wish Nash was the worst coach ever, we still have DAntoni and Vaughn in his ear so in a 7 games series things will get cleaned up and we will adjust. And if teams take us down to the wire we have 2 clutch guys in KD and Kyrie that isn't scared of the moment. So there's that.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#160 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:10 am

GTR11 wrote:This team is scary good. We'll be able to maintain all this guy's it'll be huge. let's just enjoy the ride guys.

I think not having bad players is lowkey a massive advantage. like the lakers, denver, jazz, clippers, philly... even when you shrink rotations to 9 guys they have 1 or 2 zeros on offense or guys who cant shoot.

We can go 9 deep with shooters or quality players:

Kyrie, KD, Harden, Harris, Green, TJ, Shamet, Blake, Aldridge. thats 9 guys who can shoot the 3. that doenst include claxton and brown who are good 2-way players despite not shooting the 3. they certainly are not guys who you see come in and think that guys a 0 on offense. especially claxton. DJ is now out of the rotation and even he is one of the better lob threats as a role guy.

When the lakers roll out Caruso, Matthews, THT, McKinnie, Harrell and its a brick fest you see the difference. The celtics go 0 deep off the bench.

Rondo, Mann, kennard, zubac. those reseves you lick your chops at,

Compazzo, morris, dozier, ... yawn.

Return to Brooklyn Nets