Cade Cunningham

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Re: Cade Cunningham 

Post#261 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:23 am

I just hope he's better than Jarrett Culver.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
turnaroundJ
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,310

Post#262 » by turnaroundJ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:03 am

I think he should cut his hair. It bothers me watching him shoot. I bet he becomes a better shooter after.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#263 » by Marcus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:16 am

Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#264 » by namlede » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:42 pm

Cade is going to be special. Really he has to work on his handle and tighten it up a bit, but with his work ethic I don't think it will be a problem down the road.

He lacks a burst but with so much of the NBA pick n roll I don't think he will have too many issues getting to the rim. Unless he faces elite wing defenders 1v1.

The more I watch his shot the more I think it's special. A hand in his face doesn't seem to bother him that much. Nice rebounder, very strong, good passer.

The only thing he will struggle with in the NBA right now is beating good defenders off the dribble, but once he improves his handle and learns how to use his moves he will be unstoppable in every facet of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,553

Post#265 » by MemphisX » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:17 am

Cade has the stat profile of OJ Mayo.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#266 » by Old Man Game » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:27 am

Big J wrote:Just realized who this kid reminds me of, Turkoglu! He can pass, shoot, and dribble a bit, but lacks athleticism and has a la za faire attitude. You can’t really count on that guy taking over a game, but we will see if he has Turks clutch gene. I’m trading down with 1.
No fair. I want Poku to be the new generation Hedo.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
D J C
Pro Prospect
And1: 515

Post#267 » by D J C » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:09 pm

MemphisX wrote:Cade has the stat profile of OJ Mayo.

Wow same athletic profile, play style and bbiq too. Jalen Suggs the same as Tony Wroten too wrap it up boys the drafts done.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,806

Post#268 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:33 pm

I think Cade is a great prospect, but its also somewhat interesting that he is basically the same player as SGA in many ways coming out but with near 10% higher usage and a less athletic profile.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#269 » by Stillwater » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:41 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I think Cade is a great prospect, but its also somewhat interesting that he is basically the same player as SGA in many ways coming out but with near 10% higher usage and a less athletic profile.

He is bigger and looks like a better playmaker, but SGA is a lot more athletic and a lot better ball handler I dont see the comp
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#270 » by The-Power » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:54 am

Stillwater wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I think Cade is a great prospect, but its also somewhat interesting that he is basically the same player as SGA in many ways coming out but with near 10% higher usage and a less athletic profile.

He is bigger and looks like a better playmaker, but SGA is a lot more athletic and a lot better ball handler I dont see the comp

You forgot to mention the shooting gap in favor of Cade.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#271 » by Dat2U » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:47 pm

OJ was also 6-4 with a questionable work ethic & focus.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#272 » by Dat2U » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:55 pm

Coeur wrote:The Evan Turner similarities are the biggest risks to his chances of becoming a star/superstar level player. When so much of what he does against NCAA players “looks hard” he may or may not be able to do the same type things against nba players

I think it boils down to “creating space”

I’m 50/50 on Cunningham because of my worries about whether he will be able to create the space needed for his game against nba defenders.

Evan Turner? You mean the guy with the jacked up form on his broken jumper? Your comparing Cade to that guy? Every year, some of these comparisons get more ridiculous. There is nothing about Cade's game that reminds me of Evan Turner. Nothing.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#273 » by Stillwater » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:12 pm

The-Power wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Thats a given since its his main sell without a handle worth noting.
If anything Cade is Luka light when it comes to understanding of the game at a young age.
He is going to be better than expected if he gets star calls early on but he will struggle to get to the rim a bit regardless probably unless hes attacking a low iq defender or has that star protection tag
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#274 » by yoyoboy » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:32 pm

The-Power wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

They’re just not similar prospects in the slightest. SGA’s best attribute is his movement. His ability to get to wherever he wants on the floor by sorts of start-stop-start snaking his way through the defense. Cade’s most glaring flaw is the fact that due to limitations in acceleration and ball handling he has trouble breaking down the defense a lot of the time. But he shot the three at 3.5 times the rate SGA is and once you factor in the way he was guarded, Cade overall was clearly further along as a shooter and is guy who’s truly in the elite class of shooting as far as prospects go. Cade also has 40 pounds on college-age SGA. But for the record I would definitely take SGA going forward over Cade, with no hesitation whatsoever.
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#275 » by MemphisX » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:05 pm

Dat2U wrote:

OJ was also 6-4 with a questionable work ethic & focus.

I wasn't saying they were the same player. Mayo is one of the only top draft picks who had a negative ast/TO ratio.

Pre-draft, Mayo did not have work ethic and focus questions.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#276 » by No-Man » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:16 pm

MemphisX wrote:Pre-draft, Mayo did not have work ethic and focus questions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#277 » by MemphisX » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:21 am

Fischella wrote:
MemphisX wrote:Pre-draft, Mayo did not have work ethic and focus questions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is easy to post emojis like an ass but you could just point out the pre-draft scouting reports that question his focus and work ethic.

I will wait...
Bucks4005
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#278 » by Bucks4005 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:28 am

Again, everyone keeps comparing Cunningham to guards. Idk why people don’t see him as a SF. Again I bring up Middleton. Cade is a 6-8 or 6-7, 220 lbish guy, Middleton Is the same. They both have great IQs in terms of passing and are both shooters. They can pass, but they aren’t athletic enough to get to the rim at will, but have enough ball handling ability to get any shot they want. With Cades shooting ability/lack of freak athleticism, I feel you’d want to develop him as a secondary playmaker/half court shooter instead of making him your best option. I mean, Looking at it this way, do you ever think Cunningham will be an elite, #1 option? I don’t think he ever can be. He doesn’t have the athleticism IMO. But he’s rated so highly since he’s a low bust option as well. Got an NBA body, can handle the ball, can shoot really well, and has a high IQ so he’ll be a good passer But I feel that is Middletons description to a T. I mean, Middleton flirts with 50-40-90 as a secondary option, idk why that seems to be a low bar for him. I mean, there are literally only a few guys better than Middleton at SF than him and all of them are almost elite athletically.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#279 » by yoyoboy » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:30 am

Bucks4005 wrote:Again, everyone keeps comparing Cunningham to guards. Idk why people don’t see him as a SF. Again I bring up Middleton. Cade is a 6-8 or 6-7, 220 lbish guy, Middleton Is the same. They both have great IQs in terms of passing and are both shooters. They can pass, but they aren’t athletic enough to get to the rim at will, but have enough ball handling ability to get any shot they want. With Cades shooting ability/lack of freak athleticism, I feel you’d want to develop him as a secondary playmaker/half court shooter instead of making him your best option. I mean, Looking at it this way, do you ever think Cunningham will be an elite, #1 option? I don’t think he ever can be. He doesn’t have the athleticism IMO. But he’s rated so highly since he’s a low bust option as well. Got an NBA body, can handle the ball, can shoot really well, and has a high IQ so he’ll be a good passer But I feel that is Middletons description to a T. I mean, Middleton flirts with 50-40-90 as a secondary option, idk why that seems to be a low bar for him. I mean, there are literally only a few guys better than Middleton at SF than him and all of them are almost elite athletically.

I agree with you. He’s best suited as a 2/3 who primarily looks for his own shot but also serves as a secondary playmaker.
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#280 » by namlede » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:05 am

Cade also has very wide and strong shoulders, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him being effective in the post. That raises his ceiling. He can hook it with either hand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app

Return to NBA Draft