ImageImageImage

Welcome Shake Milton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#361 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:30 am

Check his number as a starter vs as a sub.

I think he wants to establish himself as a starter than a sub. Something very understandable given his talent and contract.

If we get Lowry for loose change, then I hope we can start Shake and have Lowry play off the bench (lol), with Green. In a perfect world, its the ideal set-up though.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#362 » by Eyeamok » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:31 pm

76ciology wrote:Check his number as a starter vs as a sub.

I think he wants to establish himself as a starter than a sub. Something very understandable given his talent and contract.

If we get Lowry for loose change, then I hope we can start Shake and have Lowry play off the bench (lol), with Green. In a perfect world, its the ideal set-up though.

**IF WE GET LOWRY

I don't know about that one. At this stage I don't really care what the numbers say, they eye test is what I am going with. Shake can do a great job leading the bench. Lowry is needed as a starter and in the playoffs his experience will be invaluable. Have Shake compete for the starting job next season, have him end the games this season. He can make our second unit so much better. That is where he needs to be this season.

** One more thing and it has nothing to do with anything other than Shake. During the 2nd Raptors game their was a point where he was basically begging for the ball. His hands were stretched out waiting for someone to pass him the ball he was open. It took forever (probably only 2 seconds) but he finally got the ball. And do you know what he did. He nailed the shot. When he is feeling it the guy is money.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#363 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Eyeamok wrote:

**IF WE GET LOWRY

I don't know about that one. At this stage I don't really care what the numbers say, they eye test is what I am going with. Shake can do a great job leading the bench. Lowry is needed as a starter and in the playoffs his experience will be invaluable. Have Shake compete for the starting job next season, have him end the games this season. He can make our second unit so much better. That is where he needs to be this season.

** One more thing and it has nothing to do with anything other than Shake. During the 2nd Raptors game their was a point where he was basically begging for the ball. His hands were stretched out waiting for someone to pass him the ball he was open. It took forever (probably only 2 seconds) but he finally got the ball. And do you know what he did. He nailed the shot. When he is feeling it the guy is money.

My gut feel is he doesnt like playing this bench role. The kid drank gallons after gallons of protein shake to gain those muscle and he is downgraded to a bench player. He’s looking after his career and for his next contract. So I feel he has some negative emotions that affects his play, when he’s off the bench. Just my gut feel and this could be wrong.

Anyway i agree with everything you said. Shake should play off the bench based on our roster structure.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#364 » by Eyeamok » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:14 pm

76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

**IF WE GET LOWRY

My gut feel is he doesnt like playing this bench role. The kid drank gallons after gallons of protein shake to gain those muscle and he is downgraded to a bench player. He’s looking after his career and for his next contract. So I feel he has some negative emotions that affects his play, when he’s off the bench. Just my gut feel and this could be wrong.

Anyway i agree with everything you said. Shake should play off the bench based on our roster structure.

You are probably right he does want to start. But his time will come if he keeps on improving.

Marlo
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,157

Post#365 » by M2J » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 am

Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

**IF WE GET LOWRY

You are probably right he does want to start. But his time will come if he keeps on improving.

I think he plays better because he gets easier shots with the starters. They can get him into rhythm, and help him lead the bench. He can be staggered to play with the bench and start. He needs more minutes.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#366 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:18 pm

M2J wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I think he plays better because he gets easier shots with the starters. They can get him into rhythm, and help him lead the bench. He can be staggered to play with the bench and start. He needs more minutes.

This one is a good point.

Yup, he has to be a initiator with the second unit and his average at best ball handling could be giving him some trouble
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#367 » by Kobblehead » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Well, his crappy jumpshot is preventing him from even challenging Seth Curry for that starting role, at this point. Shake needs to fix his shooting.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#368 » by Eyeamok » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:17 pm

His shot was not falling last night but he was taking it to the hole. And when he did it reminded me of Evan Turner and Fultz. That shot was getting blocked. But it happens and he still managed to have a positive effect. I like this guy he is growing slowly but he has potential.

Marlo
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#369 » by Murray_17 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Shake is already elite driving to the basket, he should start to get more fouls call in his favor next season.

But yes, without a realiable jumpshot none of this matters too much
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#370 » by Eyeamok » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:56 pm

Shake Welcome back I have missed you.

Marlo
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#371 » by Sixerscan » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:44 pm

Shake is up to 7th in PPG coming off the bench.

He's been put in some really rough situations this year where he's basically asked to carry lineups for stretches and he's handled them well. Hoping as Hill gives him another ball handler to play with and presumably Doc starts playing Ben or Tobias with bench lineups more when Embiid gets back his efficiency can go up.

A Hill/Shake/Thybulle/Harris/Howard lineup seems like it should be at least decent offensively and good defensively.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#372 » by Eyeamok » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:54 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Shake is up to 7th in PPG coming off the bench.

He's been put in some really rough situations this year where he's basically asked to carry lineups for stretches and he's handled them well. Hoping as Hill gives him another ball handler to play with and presumably Doc starts playing Ben or Tobias with bench lineups more when Embiid gets back his efficiency can go up.

I hope you are right. With Shake leading the bench charge, this team on a lot of nights lose nothing, and in some instances they even extend leads.

Having a strong bench is a major key as the playoffs approach. Shake you are needed.

Marlo
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#373 » by AI_Efficiency » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:55 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Shake is up to 7th in PPG coming off the bench.

I hope you are right. With Shake leading the bench charge, this team on a lot of nights lose nothing, and in some instances they even extend leads.

Having a strong bench is a major key as the playoffs approach. Shake you are needed.

And to this point about tough situations, frequently he’s on the court with some combo of Dwight/Thybulle/Maxey so the spacing isn’t ideal and defenses can key in on Shake. Getting him out there with Hill should only help.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#374 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:36 am

Sell high.

But right now, enjoy his production. I see his shooting numbers will bounce back to his near elite numbers last season
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#375 » by Eyeamok » Mon May 24, 2021 7:01 pm

Lets keep an eye on this guy can he be more than just a guy that plays well when the game is not important. Or can he really be a contributor?

At the start of the season I was a big shake guy. I love what he could potentially do. But he is so erratic and he shrinks in the spotlight. But please Shake prove me wrong.

Marlo
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#376 » by PhillyNj » Thu May 27, 2021 6:57 pm

Omg `do you even watch the games?
Shake is brutal. He will never be a starter in the nba.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#377 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri May 28, 2021 1:11 am

Y'all, got hate froth.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#378 » by agiaco » Fri May 28, 2021 7:31 pm

His last game was not good. Maxey beat him out for minutes now.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#379 » by the_process » Sat May 29, 2021 2:28 am

Maxey should definitely be ahead of Shake in the rotation now.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#380 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:46 pm

the_process wrote:Maxey should definitely be ahead of Shake in the rotation now.

definitely. :lol: . Right now Shake is shook. He needs to find a way to get back his mojo.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers