Jose Mourinho \'Won\'t Play Game\' Of Speculating On Harry Kane\'s Future

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jose Mourinho \'Won\'t Play Game\' Of Speculating On Harry Kane\'s Future 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:25 pm

Harry Kane stoked rumors when asked if he might leave Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

\"I\'m fully focused on doing the job on the pitch from now until the end of the summer, and then we\'ll see where we go from there,\" Kane said in response.

Jose Mourinho was asked about Kane\'s comments and he tried to sidestep the issue.

\"I cannot play that game. I have to focus on what is for us,\" Mourinho said at a news conference on Friday. \"Of course I am always pleased when my players go to national teams and do well.

\"So, I am happy that he does well for England, I am happy that England wins obviously. I cannot play that game of what the people say, what the people don\'t say.

\"I focus on what he did for us in the last match against Aston Villa, I focus on the effort that I saw him put on the pitch for England against Albania and Poland and I focus on the match against Newcastle when I\'m pretty sure that playing very well, well, or not so well, scoring two, one or nil, he will be there for the team.\"

Via James Olley/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion