ImageImageImage

Fire Ainge: Thanks Danny, but it's time to go

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Re: Fire Ainge: Thanks Danny, but it's time to go 

Post#681 » by Green89 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:39 am

If ownership were to fire Danny right now, all they'd need to say is one sentence: "Danny, we're currently the 8 seed and Charlotte is the 4 seed, with 3 less losses."
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#682 » by OldCeltics » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:04 pm

Can we fire Ainge? This franchise will never win while he is GM. Other than McHale gifting him KG, he just stacks 20 guards and expects them to play. He has no clue how to build a team.

13 years, and no chance of a championship. Letting all-star free agents go for nothing, losing assets, bad signings, missed drafts.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#683 » by JediMasterRevan » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:18 pm

Someone should make a signature about firing danny so that team "Fire Danny" can all rock it proudly.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#684 » by darylbe » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:38 pm

who trusts ainge to right this ship in the offseason? I feel at this point, something needs to change up the JB JT smart trio (cough Ive been saying a big for a decade. and not greg monroe.). Kemba isnt fetching anything so its silly to move for the sake of moving, maybe trade off as an expiring contract in the future though.

I really like brown and smart. Ive said it, smart won the toronto series. I think JT plays selfish ISO ball and still thinks hes kobe. But i feel like he's the one that needs to stay.

But back to topic, is ainge (and its not just ainge, its ainge and his son so deeply influencing this roster) the one we want responsible for this shakeup? if we miss playoffs and get a top 10 pick, is this the dude you want drafting? after the duo of 14s? after the teague and tristan failures? ugg.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#685 » by chrisab123 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:43 pm

If Ainge has a top 10 pick he will probably fare pretty well. Smart is far from a bust. But while I like Smart I believe he needs to go and they need to make changes to the DNA of this roster. Getting veteran NBA coaches around Brad is going to be critical. Pretty much every single assistant should be shown the door.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#686 » by SichtingLives » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:54 pm

OldCeltics wrote:Can we fire Ainge? This franchise will never win while he is GM. Other than McHale gifting him KG, he just stacks 20 guards and expects them to play. He has no clue how to build a team.

13 years, and no chance of a championship. Letting all-star free agents go for nothing, losing assets, bad signings, missed drafts.

swept under the rug is how he has spent years meticulously assembling a low iq roster only covered up by a few haywards and horfords

Even if we start making moves, what do we do about the fact that the core of the roster doesn't have a ceiling of being an intelligent basketball team
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#687 » by GoGreen » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:09 pm

I'm ready to let go of Ainge and getting close with Brad. This team shows no life. There's something off about them. Like they just don't enjoy playing. This brand of basketball is brutal to watch.
gizardoe
Senior
And1: 395

Post#688 » by gizardoe » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:10 pm

They tuned the coach out. Brad has to go its just what happens in the nba. He has passed his shelf life. Not his fault really
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#689 » by Afam » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:34 pm

Brad Stevens has to go. I am not one to condemn nor judge any human being. Call for one to lose their job on anything but Brad Stevens has to go. They should be a similar thread for Brad Stevens. It is time for him to go.
pac213up
General Manager
And1: 3,797

Post#690 » by pac213up » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:33 pm

I will say it again. Ownership, GM, and coach are all on the same page. This was a throw away year. I am sure no one expected it too be this bad but they also were comfortable not being a legit contender. No one is getting fired. Next year is a different story, the pressure will be immense for all.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#691 » by BostonCouchGM » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:57 pm

pac213up wrote:I will say it again. Ownership, GM, and coach are all on the same page. This was a throw away year. I am sure no one expected it too be this bad but they also were comfortable not being a legit contender. No one is getting fired. Next year is a different story, the pressure will be immense for all.

yeah, with no fans and all owners getting the same TV money cut, our cheap owner doesn't care about this season. And as far as he's concerned, Danny does a marvelous job. He gets them playoff revenue from hosting games without paying luxury tax. It's hard for Danny to be doing a better job absent making the Finals. Same with Brad tbh. Sucks for fans who hope for more but we need to accept reality. We will be a treadmill team with no real championship aspirations and will eventually lose Tatum, the best player we've drafted since Bias.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#692 » by Ernest » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:58 am

gizardoe wrote:They tuned the coach out. Brad has to go its just what happens in the nba. He has passed his shelf life. Not his fault really

This is the fire Ainge Thread, you are looking for the Fire Brad thread. It should be located between the Fire Mike Gorman and Fire Lucky the mascot threads.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#693 » by OldCeltics » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:44 pm

Can we sticky this thread?
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#694 » by Ernest » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:33 am

OldCeltics wrote:Can we sticky this thread?

No need. After every loss all the real GMs come out to point out all Ainge's flaws. I mean I guess if we go on a win streak we might need to sticky this so people don't forget how much they hate Danny Ainge.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#695 » by return2glory » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:47 am

Danny Ainge deserves more time as of recent events.

I’ve been saying this will be a big summer for him. Kind of a make or break.

I feel 2 things happened recently that are in favor of Danny. The emergence of Rob Williams and the acquisition of Fournier.
jumblin
Rookie
And1: 1,088

Post#696 » by jumblin » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:55 am

Danny needs to go Balls out this offseason and do what this team needs to vault it into elite championship contender status.

Trade Tatum.

Build around Rob, Smart and Jaylen. Those are your three warriors. Those are the guys you want setting the tone for the team. They have talent and play with heart and value winning above all else.

Tatum is still what he has always been: a stat machine. He does not make the *team* better. He will put up great numbers year after year like so many other excellent players such as Westbrook, Harden, Beal, Lilliard etc. And like them he will never win anything, because at the end of the day basketball is a team game and championship teams know how to play as a unit, not 5 separate parts. Tatum is a iso master, the king of taking the bad, tough shot rather than giving the smart, easy shot to his teammate.

I could deal with a selfish stat seeker as a 6th man, but if Tatum is your centerpiece, your star who is setting the tone, that selfish attitude is cancer. You could get an absolutely mammoth haul for a guy his age with his stats and contract. The C's would be flush with depth and draft capital again, and the culture on the court would be one of hustle and winning rather than Tatum's "too cool to try" selfishness.

Do it Danny.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#697 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:55 am

jumblin wrote:Danny needs to go Balls out this offseason and do what this team needs to vault it into elite championship contender status.

Trade Tatum.

Build around Rob, Smart and Jaylen. Those are your three warriors. Those are the guys you want setting the tone for the team. They have talent and play with heart and value winning above all else.

Tatum is still what he has always been: a stat machine. He does not make the *team* better. He will put up great numbers year after year like so many other excellent players such as Westbrook, Harden, Beal, Lilliard etc. And like them he will never win anything, because at the end of the day basketball is a team game and championship teams know how to play as a unit, not 5 separate parts. Tatum is a iso master, the king of taking the bad, tough shot rather than giving the smart, easy shot to his teammate.

I could deal with a selfish stat seeker as a 6th man, but if Tatum is your centerpiece, your star who is setting the tone, that selfish attitude is cancer. You could get an absolutely mammoth haul for a guy his age with his stats and contract. The C's would be flush with depth and draft capital again, and the culture on the court would be one of hustle and winning rather than Tatum's "too cool to try" selfishness.

Do it Danny.

How does your description of Tatum not also apply to Jordan or Kobe? Is it because his facial expressions are blander than theirs? Is it because when he ripped the ball away from the opponent's best scorer late in the game to score himself, the guy he took it from was less muscled than some of the Jordan or Kobe did that to? (Malone and Pierce respectively, admittedly in each case in the Finals rather than a regular season loss)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#698 » by Red2 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:53 am

Heres the problem; even if you fire Danny you have owners who dont want to spend. Every decision danny and mike zarren make is driven by the cap so avoiding the various cap taxes & penalties has become their number one priority. Wyc and pags will tie the hands of any gm we get
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#699 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:34 am

Red2 wrote:Heres the problem; even if you fire Danny you have owners who dont want to spend. Every decision danny and mike zarren make is driven by the cap so avoiding the various cap taxes & penalties has become their number one priority. Wyc and pags will tie the hands of any gm we get

but maybe the next GM doesn't have drafts like 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2019. Maybe they don't panic and sign deals like Kemba's or make desperate trades like the Kyrie rental that has cost us the chance to have SGA or MPJ here for their whole careers and would have given us a Big Three even after Hayward might have left, which I doubt would have happened had Kyrie not come since there wouldn't have been an injury nor a locker room divide.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#700 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:48 pm

Return to Boston Celtics