Game 45 : MEM vs UTA 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Re: Game 45 : MEM vs UTA 

Post#2 » by E S V L » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:17 pm

JV kicked Gober’s azz. It was fun to watch.

If we are drafting/signing high IQ guys only, I wonder why did they fail to read unsophisticated Utah’s offensive schemes. The absence of Mitchell gave us a good chance, but I saw Ja’s heroism only, which was beautiful but ineffective team-wise. JV seemed the only one who did his homework. A bit disappointing.

We needed Konchar`s energy.

Tille`s footwork and agility did impress me.
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:21 pm

A couple less-than-ideal lineups this game as well but overall we kept it a game with the top team in the league.

Also Utah's ball movement has been burning most teams. That likely changes in the playoffs when teams really scheme for them, but for regular season when you only do minor game planning it works well.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:15 pm

Also props to JV for taking it to Gobert on the offensive end. I think in a seven game series, we could frustrate Gobert. We did last night and the game before (by Ja hitting shots with second and third efforts after Gobert thought he had already stopped him lol).
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#5 » by Whole Truth » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:54 am

E S V L wrote:JV kicked Gober’s azz. It was fun to watch.

If we are drafting/signing high IQ guys only, I wonder why did they fail to read unsophisticated Utah’s offensive schemes. The absence of Mitchell gave us a good chance, but I saw Ja’s heroism only, which was beautiful but ineffective team-wise. JV seemed the only one who did his homework. A bit disappointing.

As a Raptor fan, I've watched Jonas have quite a few of his better performances against Gobert & the Jazz over the years. The last couple matches, is the most I've seen him struggle vs Gobert offensively/efficiency wise.

IMO, Jazz shot the ball so well from 3, I doubt Mitchell would have made much of a difference. It was impressive with the 3pt disparity that Memphis were still in this game to the end & in large part because they couldn't stop Morant, which was great to see.

With Allen out, I'd like to know why Melton was still riding pine?
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#6 » by E S V L » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:49 pm

Whole Truth wrote:

As a Raptor fan, I've watched Jonas have quite a few of his better performances against Gobert & the Jazz over the years. The last couple matches, is the most I've seen him struggle vs Gobert offensively/efficiency wise.

IMO, Jazz shot the ball so well from 3, I doubt Mitchell would have made much of a difference. It was impressive with the 3pt disparity that Memphis were still in this game to the end & in large part because they couldn't stop Morant, which was great to see.

Re Melton, I have already expressed my opinion: he looked lost in the starting 5 in most of the cases. For whatever reason.

What occupies me for now: if we stay mediocre and miss PO, should FO pursue a fire sale? I don’t see anyone in this team who will jump out of mediocracy behind Ja and JJJ. What do you guys think?
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:33 pm

E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

Re Melton, I have already expressed my opinion: he looked lost in the starting 5 in most of the cases. For whatever reason.

What occupies me for now: if we stay mediocre and miss PO, should FO pursue a fire sale? I don’t see anyone in this team who will jump out of mediocracy behind Ja and JJJ. What do you guys think?

I mean we shouldn't expect any of the others on our team to be true stars. They are all clearly role players. When JJJ comes back it will help slot the guys into more appropriate roles. If we can acquire a third potential star then we will have the right group of role players to put around them. I think the focus of our team should be moving up in the draft or getting that star via trade (let's be honest we won't get them in FA). A fire sale will get us some fairly mediocre assets and then we will have to turn around and find role players to put around our guys. If someone wants to overpay then sure, but Evan Fournier just went for two 2nds so don't expect a return that can be flipped around for a star.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies