ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Knicks (Frid. 7:30 EST ESPN)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Knicks (Frid. 7:30 EST ESPN) 

Post#61 » by JD45 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:48 am

Archx wrote:Yo, if i rewatch this game 20 times, i still won't have a clue what the hell was going. All i know is Brunson was freaking amazing again and Luka finished the job. So many missed open shots, dunks, layups and a lot of airballs... weird game but a much needed W.

That pretty much summed it up. I don't know if the Mavs have ramped up the defense or if the Celtics and Knicks just had bad offensive luck. But glad to have the wins.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#62 » by Absinthe » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:49 am

Brunson is JJ Barea 2.0.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#63 » by fuller4379 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:49 am

Knicks fans were watching that game and thinking how grateful they are for not signing KP to 5 years $158 million.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#64 » by dirkforpres » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:53 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:what do you guys think of mosley?? i hated the fact that he played powell lol..

He did fine (from what I saw). I turned the game off for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Powell sucks and he figured that out quick so I give him credit for that.

He’s months away from a head coaching gig IMO.
FIRE JASON KIDD
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#65 » by dirkforpres » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:54 am

fuller4379 wrote:Knicks fans were watching that game and thinking how grateful they are for not signing KP to 5 years $158 million.

He looked like pure garbage. I chalk it up to being back in NY more than anything, but I do hope the Mavs get rid of him this summer. He doesn’t belong next to Luka
FIRE JASON KIDD
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#66 » by leolozon » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:08 am

So what's the record of the Mavs at "full strength"? Anyone knows?

If we exclude the covid games and the games that Luka and KP missed, I'm curious where that winning % would put us. It feels like it's around .700.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 831

Post#67 » by Teffer10 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:20 am

leolozon wrote:So what's the record of the Mavs at "full strength"? Anyone knows?

If we exclude the covid games and the games that Luka and KP missed, I'm curious where that winning % would put us. It feels like it's around .700.

Mavs need to start thinking about PO position.
That stupid Houston loss and OKC/Indiana/NOP forfeits keep us from the #4 position.
We'd be 29-17 which would put us in 4th in the West.

These kids need to man up and start grinding it through the rest of the season.
This sitting out crap needs to stop.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 831

Post#68 » by Teffer10 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:23 am

Kings are hot so hopefully they can knock of the Lakers tonight.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#69 » by juanc » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:18 am

Luka was by far the best player tonight... For the Knicks!
Sloppy passes, horrible defense,... And that is not the teammates fault, it's on Luka. I hated how he forces a slow tempo(this game, and the 2nd half vs Boston). The team just somehow colapses when that's happening.

Brunson was phenomenal, JRich was also solid, Maxi and his defense on Randle was great.
Also Quickley was artrocious. Just shooting without any rhytm... Is he realy better than Green?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#70 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:50 am

It was a horrible game by the stars on both sides, Brunson was amazing, Taj Gibson was great in the other side.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,594

Post#71 » by Dirk » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:04 am

Brunson, +34

juanc wrote:Luka was by far the best player tonight... For the Knicks!
Sloppy passes, horrible defense,... And that is not the teammates fault, it's on Luka. I hated how he forces a slow tempo(this game, and the 2nd half vs Boston). The team just somehow colapses when that's happening.

Brunson was phenomenal, JRich was also solid, Maxi and his defense on Randle was great.
Also Quickley was artrocious. Just shooting without any rhytm... Is he realy better than Green?

juanc, please don't tell anyone, but this is happening more and more often...

The simplest explanation is that it's about that stage of the season where he shows signs of fatigue. His biggest weakness is that his effort/focus/energy level isn't always "at the top"... in some games he goes through passages where he looks like he is 60 years old.

He is in a tough spot because he is relied upon to do so much, but he there is definitely still a lot of room improve as he manages emotions better and gets better physically.

With all that said, while at times it feels like his level may have dropped, the numbers are very good over the last 10-15 games. With the exception of the free throw shooting of course and maybe tos.

Teffer10 wrote:Kings are hot so hopefully they can knock of the Lakers tonight.

And just like that... Kings get destroyed. Can't ever rely on those cats to do anything useful.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#72 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:57 am

KPs defense has been very good lately, yesterday he sucked on offense, but altered many shots and banged with NY bigs, Brunso is a great example of the advantage of spending 3-4 years in a quality college program, he's no very gifted physically, except good strength for his position, but started contributing from the get go and is a legit starter in his 3rd year.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#73 » by Bob8 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:58 am

Dirk wrote:Brunson, +34

juanc wrote:Luka was by far the best player tonight... For the Knicks!

juanc, please don't tell anyone, but this is happening more and more often...

The simplest explanation is that it's about that stage of the season where he shows signs of fatigue. His biggest weakness is that his effort/focus/energy level isn't always "at the top"... in some games he goes through passages where he looks like he is 60 years old.

He is in a tough spot because he is relied upon to do so much, but he there is definitely still a lot of room improve as he manages emotions better and gets better physically.

With all that said, while at times it feels like his level may have dropped, the numbers are very good over the last 10-15 games. With the exception of the free throw shooting of course and maybe tos.

Teffer10 wrote:Kings are hot so hopefully they can knock of the Lakers tonight.

And just like that... Kings get destroyed. Can't ever rely on those cats to do anything useful.

I'm not sure there's that much room from improvement. Mavs in last 24 games, when Luka is playing are more or less winning everything. There're 2 possibilities, Mavs are far the best team in Nba and they should have won all games with Luka playing or maybe expectations are bit unrealistic about how Luka's performance should be. Luka's stats in last 2 months are phenomenal as are Mavs results, when he is playing. A lot room for improvement suggests that Mavs should be title contender with the same roster and better Luka.

Brunson is playing great and is slowly becoming a player, who shouldn't be traded no matter what. Ok maybe we can trade him for Kawhi. :D
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#74 » by aggerrard » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:56 pm

What's going wrong with Luka's FT's? Barely gets any FT's anymore, and shoots a low procentage.

Return to Dallas Mavericks