ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,983

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#901 » by MavCarter » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:11 am

Gasol is 36 why are yall in here talking about him like he's a 26 year old who fell off a cliff lmao
#Enjoytheride
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#902 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:09 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:Terence Davis with 14/3/2 in 18mpg so for in the 4th vs the Spurs. Traded him for a late 2nd lmfao

Hmm, you're pretty quiet about Davis's performance against the Lakers tonight. Any thoughts?
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#903 » by TD2FutureStar » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:20 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:Terence Davis with 14/3/2 in 18mpg so for in the 4th vs the Spurs. Traded him for a late 2nd lmfao

Hmm, you're pretty quiet about Davis's performance against the Lakers tonight. Any thoughts?

Never saw the game. How did he do?
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#904 » by Bruin » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:01 am

Is tonight the first time Norm had a bad game against the Bucks? He was always a Bucks killer so I’m kinda shocked at his efficiency in tonight’s game
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,561

Post#905 » by sbsat » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:55 am

T davis looking good man, i have no idea why we dumped him
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,394

Post#906 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:27 am

sbsat wrote:T davis looking good man, i have no idea why we dumped him
27 pts
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#907 » by Geddy » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:51 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:27 pts

whoa we've got a real life basketball reference here
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man

Post#908 » by TD2FutureStar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:10 am

tecumseh18 wrote:

Hmm you're pretty quiet about Davis's performance against the Bucks Tonight.....Any thoughts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man

Post#909 » by TD2FutureStar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:13 am

27 pts in 23 min. That should shut the haters up for some time. Notice they only surface when he has a bad game and then MIA when he beasts? Lmfao, these clowns crack me up :lol:
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#910 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:18 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Hmm you're pretty quiet about Davis's performance against the Bucks Tonight.....Any thoughts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I didn't see it. What happened?
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man

Post#911 » by TD2FutureStar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:22 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

27 pts in 23 min. Was the Kings best player and looked like an absolute stud. Had the announcers drooling over his potential. Let me know if you want some more details I've got some highlight clips 4 ya ;)
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#912 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:35 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:Hmm you're pretty quiet about Davis's performance against the Bucks Tonight.....Any thoughts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

27 pts in 23 min. Was the Kings best player and looked like an absolute stud. Had the announcers drooling over his potential. Let me know if you want some more details I've got some highlight clips 4 ya ;)

Look, you started this. I'm not one to fixate on individual games, but you saw fit to post about his game a week ago where he scored 17 or so points by way berating Masai and co. for trading him. So I posted about his next game to give some balance - to reassert the narrative that Davis was inconsistent. That wasn't an invitation to engage in a tit for tat for every future game of Davis's career.

We all know Davis is talented. That was evident from his first preseason game last year, when the Houston broadcasters were comparing him to Westbrook (except for all the assists and rebounds). That was evident when he scored an efficient 20 for us against the Celtics a few weeks ago (while Pascal, Fred and OG were out). IIRC, Davis scored 30 in a game last season. He definitely was part of what made last season's Raptors special, and the second best record in the league. He made the all-Rookie team, as an undrafted player.

But if you see it and I see it, then surely to gawd Masai, Bobby and Nick see it. And yet, they saw fit to ship him out. They must know stuff that you and I don't know, and made a decision in the best interests of the team. Fine by me.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,561

Post#913 » by sbsat » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:39 pm

TD2FutureStar wrote:

27 pts in 23 min. That should shut the haters up for some time. Notice they only surface when he has a bad game and then MIA when he beasts? Lmfao, these clowns crack me up :lol:

I mean who knows where he ends up as a player, but the guy flashed so much , it was clear he was worth more than a SRP. I also wouldnt of minded if he was packaged with others in a deal to land a big man or similar. This made no sense
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man

Post#914 » by TD2FutureStar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:09 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Look, you started this. I'm not one to fixate on individual games, but you saw fit to post about his game a week ago where he scored 17 or so points by way berating Masai and co. for trading him. So I posted about his next game to give some balance - to reassert the narrative that Davis was inconsistent. That wasn't an invitation to engage in a tit for tat for every future game of Davis's career.

We all know Davis is talented. That was evident from his first preseason game last year, when the Houston broadcasters were comparing him to Westbrook (except for all the assists and rebounds). That was evident when he scored an efficient 20 for us against the Celtics a few weeks ago (while Pascal, Fred and OG were out). IIRC, Davis scored 30 in a game last season. He definitely was part of what made last season's Raptors special, and the second best record in the league. He made the all-Rookie team, as an undrafted player.

But if you see it and I see it, then surely to gawd Masai, Bobby and Nick see it. And yet, they saw fit to ship him out. They must know stuff that you and I don't know, and made a decision in the best interests of the team. Fine by me.

They traded him because of some bs, PC cancel culture. I take great issue with that. I really hope he blows up in Sacramento and becomes a model citizen. It will be a great lesson for the team and all the fans that have persecuted him on a situation they know very little about.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#915 » by MixxSRC » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:27 pm

Geddy wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:27 pts

whoa we've got a real life basketball reference here

Game logs :lol:
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#916 » by Kreamy » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:02 pm

Who cares about Davis, Thomas etc.

Have you guys seen what Poeltl is doing on the Spurs? :D
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#917 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:10 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Their decision was trash
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man

Post#918 » by TD2FutureStar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:27 pm

Kreamy wrote:Who cares about Davis, Thomas etc.

Have you guys seen what Poeltl is doing on the Spurs? :D

Could really use Poeltl.on the Raps. How is he doing this year?
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,859

Post#919 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:18 am

Norm with 32 points against Clippers....
sofargone
Starter
And1: 1,638

Post#920 » by sofargone » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:53 am

;ab_channel=YahooSportsCanada

Return to Toronto Raptors