If Minnesota Ends Up With 4th or 5th Overall Post-Lottery: Siakam to T’Wolves

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,166

Re: If Minnesota Ends Up With 4th or 5th Overall Post-Lottery: Siakam to T’Wolves 

Post#21 » by Slim Charless » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:36 pm

sip wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:If Minny get a top 3 pick them they keep it and select an SF.

That’s reasonable, but its equally possible that their management thinks they’ve extended the losing culture for far too long. At a certain point, if they want to win, they will want to prioritize winning culture instead of accumulating more picks. KAT/DLo may get upset if they keep losing.

As a team, they’re loaded with young talent in KAT, Russell, Edwards and Culver.

I think they certainly don’t trade the #1 pick for Siakam, but the 2 or 3 pick, yeah I think the OP suggestion might be reasonable.

Russell / Edwards / Culver / Siakam / KAT

Beasley as sixth man, with some FA gets to reinforce defense and culture.

Shooting, passing and rebounding at all 5 positions. That’s pretty dope.

Raptors fans trying to sell Siakam as being worth pick 2-3. Hell no. Also you clearly haven't been paying much attention to the wolves. Culver isn't even in the conversation as a key cog going forward right now. McDaniels and Nowell are two key young players though.

Better move might be trade A1, filler, and the 2nd/3rd pick (whichever Minny gets) for Siakam and the 10th. Wolves move dlo to SG and keep Rubio there at the point while getting a good PF to pair with KAT. They also still stay in the lotto pick area to grab a SF. Raptors get the likely ROTY to pair with a top 3 pick and OG/Fred. Not a bad way to kick start a rebuild.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Re: If Minnesota Ends Up With 4th or 5th Overall Post-Lottery: Siakam to T’Wolves 

Post#22 » by sip » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:54 am

Slim Charless wrote:
sip wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

That’s reasonable, but its equally possible that their management thinks they’ve extended the losing culture for far too long. At a certain point, if they want to win, they will want to prioritize winning culture instead of accumulating more picks. KAT/DLo may get upset if they keep losing.

As a team, they’re loaded with young talent in KAT, Russell, Edwards and Culver.

I think they certainly don’t trade the #1 pick for Siakam, but the 2 or 3 pick, yeah I think the OP suggestion might be reasonable.

Raptors fans trying to sell Siakam as being worth pick 2-3. Hell no. Also you clearly haven't been paying much attention to the wolves. Culver isn't even in the conversation as a key cog going forward right now. McDaniels and Nowell are two key young players though.

Better move might be trade A1, filler, and the 2nd/3rd pick (whichever Minny gets) for Siakam and the 10th. Wolves move dlo to SG and keep Rubio there at the point while getting a good PF to pair with KAT. They also still stay in the lotto pick area to grab a SF. Raptors get the likely ROTY to pair with a top 3 pick and OG/Fred. Not a bad way to kick start a rebuild.
In this draft I don't feel like there is a separation between pick 1 and picks 2 and 3. If the wolves keep there pick in the top.3 then it would be stupid to trade the pick. Mobley would be an incredible fit with KAT at the 4 spot. Suggs would be an ideal backcourt partner long term with Ant. Cunningham and Ant on the wings would be insane. If you get a top 3 pick in this draft then you keep the damn pick because there are franchise players to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,166

Post#23 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:05 am

sip wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
sip wrote:

In this draft I don't feel like there is a separation between pick 1 and picks 2 and 3. If the wolves keep there pick in the top.3 then it would be stupid to trade the pick. Mobley would be an incredible fit with KAT at the 4 spot. Suggs would be an ideal backcourt partner long term with Ant. Cunningham and Ant on the wings would be insane. If you get a top 3 pick in this draft then you keep the damn pick because there are franchise players to choose from.

Is Dlo riding the bench? Cause you ain't getting rid of that contract....
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#24 » by sip » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:17 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
sip wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Is Dlo riding the bench? Cause you ain't getting rid of that contract....
You are only dealing with 2 years left on that contract. He isn't in the long term plans though.

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#25 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:48 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:

Culver has been a bust for them, a shooting guard that can't shoot a lick. Russell is just empty stats. It's really just KAT and Edwards with everyone else just being around.

I'd personally trade down to get Barnes who can fill the Draymond role for Minny which they need next to KAT. Gain another 1st round pick/asset cause they will pay the piper to GS and it won't be light.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,487

Post#26 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:58 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

Culver has been a bust for them, a shooting guard that can't shoot a lick. Russell is just empty stats. It's really just KAT and Edwards with everyone else just being around.

I'd personally trade down to get Barnes who can fill the Draymond role for Minny which they need next to KAT. Gain another 1st round pick/asset cause they will pay the piper to GS and it won't be light.

If they land #1, same as last draft. See if someone will overpay to move up. See: how Celtics got Tatum.

If #2 or #3...they will entertain all fitting stars in trade. I think Sikam requires a 1st swap, not straight up.

Others:
Sabonis
Wood
Tatum
JJJ
Simmons

Edwards and even 2024 1st would be on the table for the right trade package.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,012

Post#27 » by vxmike » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:21 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Minny's not trading a top 3 pick for Siakam. If they get a top 3 pick they are more likely to trade KAT for future assets to build around Ant-Man and the Top 3 pick.

It’s ridiculous to suggest that Minny would value an proven pick over KAT, a 25 year old All Star who is locked up for multiple years.

I know this board has a draft pick fetish, but sheesh. Stop dismissing young NBA All Stars just because it’s easier to fantasize about ‘what if’.

Exactly. Just look at the number of #2 picks that have been busts. The odds of even a top 5 pick becoming an All Star is not good.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#28 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:22 pm

They need rim protector and rebounding more? they wing defender to
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#29 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:23 pm

If the Wolves do trade for siakam they have to feel confident this can be playoff team next year . He’s going be making a lot money
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#30 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:25 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

If they land #1, same as last draft. See if someone will overpay to move up. See: how Celtics got Tatum.

If #2 or #3...they will entertain all fitting stars in trade. I think Sikam requires a 1st swap, not straight up.

Others:
Sabonis op
Wood
Tatum
JJJ
Simmons

you would trade edwards ? For like who?!
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#31 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:49 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

Others:
Sabonis
Wood
Tatum
JJJ
Simmons

You know what, you dudes have Mcdaniels who I confused with his brother. I was high on him during the draft process and he looks like a stud in the making. He just needs several seasons to develop but the Wolves don't have the time depending on Towns and his head space.

If you get either Cade or Mobley, just keep them. The 3rd pick is somewhat dicey, and that's where I trade down. Davion Mitchell would be my choice at pg for you guys with the latter 1st.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Wolveswin » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:57 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

Others:
Sabonis op
Wood
Tatum
JJJ
Simmons

Simmons, Sabonis, Tatum.

Wood too. But need value coming back.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#33 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:15 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:If they land #1, same as last draft. See if someone will overpay to move up. See: how Celtics got Tatum.

Others:
Sabonis op
Wood
Tatum
JJJ
Simmons

Simmons, Sabonis, Tatum.

Kidding me? What about 3 first rounders Kyle kuzma and tht
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Wolveswin » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:00 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote: you would trade edwards ? For like who?!

Simmons, Sabonis, Tatum.

Huh?
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Wolveswin » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:04 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

Others:
Sabonis
Wood
Tatum
JJJ
Simmons

You know what, you dudes have Mcdaniels who I confused with his brother. I was high on him during the draft process and he looks like a stud in the making. He just needs several seasons to develop but the Wolves don't have the time depending on Towns and his head space.

If you get either Cade or Mobley, just keep them. The 3rd pick is somewhat dicey, and that's where I trade down. Davion Mitchell would be my choice at pg for you guys with the latter 1st.

Keeping the draft pick is the safer plan. But also runs the risk of alienating Towns. When does he grow content with waiting on yet another rookie to be good enough to produce a meaningful product?

Where as if, they can trade for a young, core fitting star player, they get the sure thing AND make Towns happy. While understanding, the price could be very hefty to acquire such a player (meaning probably both Edwards + 2021 top 3 1st).
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#36 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:05 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Simmons, Sabonis, Tatum.

Huh?

Ant man is going be better than Simmons and Sabonis ... he’s looks like star in the making if you value you him that low would you take Kyle kumza and THT and few first rounders for him ?
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Wolveswin » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:07 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Kidding me? What about 3 first rounders Kyle kuzma and tht

Huh?

Ant man is going be better than Simmons and Sabonis ... he’s looks like star in the making if you value you him that low would you take Kyle kumza and THT a few first rounders for him ?

You can see the future and you are wasting your time on RGM sharing your future knowledge with us blokes? Thank you for blessing us with your presence.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#38 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:09 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Huh?

Ant man is going be better than Simmons and Sabonis ... he’s looks like star in the making if you value you him that low would you take Kyle kumza and THT a few first rounders for him ?

You can see the future and you are wasting your time on RGM sharing your future knowledge with us blokes? Thank you for blessing us with your presence.

Your saying he doesn’t have star written all over him?0
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#39 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:15 pm

Nobody would trade a top 3 pick for Siakam, c'mon now
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:06 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Ant man is going be better than Simmons and Sabonis ... he’s looks like star in the making if you value you him that low would you take Kyle kumza and THT a few first rounders for him ?

Your saying he doesn’t have star written all over him?0

You can say any 19yo with upside has star written all over them. But to say with conviction said player will be better than proven NBA young studs is just silly message board rhetoric. These are players who are already stars.

Return to Trades and Transactions