ImageImageImage

*** Wolves @ 76ers - Saturday Night - 7pm CT FSN ***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Re: *** Wolves @ 76ers - Saturday Night - 7pm CT FSN *** 

Post#101 » by Mattya » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:38 am

Didn’t get to watch but surprised we were even in it missing so many players.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#102 » by theGreatRC » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:38 am

Lucamilo23 wrote:Question.. do you guys think think that culver was a comparably bad draft pick to the Wes, Derrick Williams, foye, Flynn days? Worse?

I mean I know he has been injured and such but dude does not look like an nba player. Maybe it is too early for bust label, maybe not but he has not shown much good his time in the nba.

Culver was the worst draft pick we've ever made
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Lucamilo23
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#103 » by Lucamilo23 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:41 am

Jedzz wrote:
Nick K wrote:How we're in this game is beyond me.

Towns I guess. Only player of either team over 30 or anywhere near 30. Need a 5th player that can do anything. Was hoping that would have been Reid but nope.

We had four individual I double figures scoring and NOTHING from anyone else. 5 points here and there. And jmac (original jmac) didn’t help with scoring until the end. I believe yesterday we had 3 individual in double digit scoring and literally nothing from the rest. Its so hard to be consistent on offense when there are a few players that can score and no support. It’s a huge issue.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#104 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:44 am

Lucamilo23 wrote:Question.. do you guys think think that culver was a comparably bad draft pick to the Wes, Derrick Williams, foye, Flynn days? Worse?

I mean I know he has been injured and such but dude does not look like an nba player. Maybe it is too early for bust label, maybe not but he has not shown much good his time in the nba.

I think he is pretty bad, yes in that realm but not as bad because we were banking on those guys to be bigtime, there was a question about Culver from the start. One of my brothers loves him, the other hates him, I see why Culver is intriguing, on paper he has some nice measurables and he is known to play defense but the kid has zero confidence, zero touch. It's a shame he could have been really good but he isn't, I think he has a chance to turn a corner if he goes home to San Antonio and gets under Pop or something. He needs to be coached up a lot and needs little pressure. Right now he's a bust.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#105 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:45 am

I've been thinking of him like I do the Dunn(#5) pick. Overdrafted quite a bit for who they ended up being. Really to this ponit they have not been NBA players to me. The amazing part was that this team had no idea even seeing these guys everyday. Kept lying to themselves or something. Culver should have been G'd up year 1. Might have made a big difference on his confidence. Maybe not.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#106 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:47 am

Lucamilo23 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Nick K wrote:How we're in this game is beyond me.

Towns I guess. Only player of either team over 30 or anywhere near 30. Need a 5th player that can do anything. Was hoping that would have been Reid but nope.

We had four individual I double figures scoring and NOTHING from anyone else. 5 points here and there. And jmac (original jmac) didn’t help with scoring until the end. I believe yesterday we had 3 individual in double digit scoring and literally nothing from the rest. Its so hard to be consistent on offense when there are a few players that can score and no support. It’s a huge issue.

We are extremely undergunned. Talented young players all around the team but they are very inconsistent. You cannot rely on any of these guys. Hell outside of KAT, our main guys are somewhat inconsistent too, Dlo not as much but he's what 24? Beasley is 23-24 but this is his first season having a big role. Those are our vets outside of KAT. You can't rely on young players they are up and down. We would be such a better team if we had guys with NBA skills and experience in these rotation guy roles.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#107 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:49 am

Read on Twitter

Agree wtih Finch for sure but let's not pretend that Embiid was 100 percent. Every time you come back from extended time off you are going to be rusty on some level. It takes several games to get back. That said, KAT balled out tonight and deserves all the credit for that.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#108 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:53 am

Three players over 40 minutes.

I still don't like JMac in this hand off and passive offense from point but at least he finished 12/6/9 doing more in 4th.

Edwards played in a role which was kind of nice to see.
Towns was finally a dude in a philly game. This is like a real rivalry between Philly and Towns. Even Simmons is a slut now.

Wolves need at least one more badass on the roster for games like these, not to mention a 5th starter.

What was all the stories on these guys not playing? Dlo should have played.

Surprised how much Vanderbilt seems to be in a doghouse. Could he not have helped defend some of the size out there tonight?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#109 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:13 am

Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Been wanting KAT to play PF for a long time, I know there are some questions but I think if we could get a big defensive 5 next to him, man. Myles Turner.

Always wanted Steven Adams or Valanciunas playing next to him for some reason. People always say no.

I think if they added say Randle from the Knicks that could work too with Kat staying at 5. But have always wanted him playing the 4 and 5 depending on who he is playing with, but the team needed a larger 5 to do this.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,867

Post#110 » by Nick K » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:15 am

Jedzz wrote:So was Nowell injured or something? Just don't have 5 players scoring.

Sprained ankle. Philly rolled up on him 5 minutes into his shift.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#111 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:22 am

Nick K wrote:
Jedzz wrote:So was Nowell injured or something? Just don't have 5 players scoring.

Sprained ankle. Philly rolled up on him 5 minutes into his shift.

ok that explains that one
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by Nick K » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:31 am

Calinks wrote:

I think he is pretty bad, yes in that realm but not as bad because we were banking on those guys to be bigtime, there was a question about Culver from the start. One of my brothers loves him, the other hates him, I see why Culver is intriguing, on paper he has some nice measurables and he is known to play defense but the kid has zero confidence, zero touch. It's a shame he could have been really good but he isn't, I think he has a chance to turn a corner if he goes home to San Antonio and gets under Pop or something. He needs to be coached up a lot and needs little pressure. Right now he's a bust.

He hasn't had anything close to consistent minutes to develop for 2 years. No summer league, training camp, injuries have all hindered his progress.

I wouldn't give up on him yet even though I've thought about it.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#113 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:43 am

Our offense wasn't the problem. It was our **** ass defense. That Philly team shouldn't have score 122 on us.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,137

Post#114 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:01 am

Note30 wrote:Our offense wasn't the problem. It was our **** ass defense. That Philly team shouldn't have score 122 on us.

Nobody stopped Harris tonight. Was a walking bucket
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#115 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:14 am

This is our team without shooters you can trust.

You just can't tell me Vando has to sit out because of his offense when Okogie gets 25 minutes and a start and only takes home 3 pts and two rebounds. I could have lived with Vando only getting 3-6 pts if he also helped stop some of these guys with size or helped balance it out. Seeing JMac get hard screened by Embiid or then otherwise switched onto Embiid or Dwight he's lucky he's not dead. Thybulle stuck on JMac and others like a snot bubble. Seeing Okogie trying to pester Harris was a waste of time. Overall I think Jmac proved he can be trusted like a Vet even though he was so utterliy outsized this game.

Juancho and the Vandolorian may not be special offensively but they needed their extra bit of size out there more than the team got even if just to help balance things more so they couldn't T up our players so often.

Still overall, the team hung in there and played tough.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#116 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:19 am

_AIJ_ wrote:
Note30 wrote:Our offense wasn't the problem. It was our **** ass defense. That Philly team shouldn't have score 122 on us.

The Wolves missed a ton of open threes they were set up for with nice passes and good spacing. So in one way yes the offense struggled at times.

But I agree, nobody stopped Harris. Okogie was way outmatched in size. A number of the players were.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#117 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:23 am

Jedzz wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:

The Wolves missed a ton of open threes they were set up for with nice passes and good spacing. So in one way yes the offense struggled at times.

But I agree, nobody stopped Harris. Okogie was way outmatched in size. A number of the players were.

We scored 113 on 45% shooting which is a little below league average definitely could use a slight upgrade on offense.

But the opposing team scored 50% FG and 43% from 3p. that's a way bigger problem
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by Nick K » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:08 pm

Jedzz wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:

Who do we have to match up to Harris? Like you said they outsized us all night plus they made many shots with a hand in their face.

We have to get bigger and Finch wants to.
Lucamilo23
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#119 » by Lucamilo23 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:09 pm

Understandable and mostly agree, but they still had stretches where they couldn’t score. Was it the start of the 3rd quarter where they scored 2 points in maybe 5 or more minutes. Can’t have that.

But your right, defense usually compounds that problem and they seemed to struggle getting stops today.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#120 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:40 pm

One positive about this season is I think small ball for us is dead. We have seen that it doesn't work well and we have been playing much bigger. I hope we get away from it for good.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves