Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Joe Johnson workout, pg 97

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Teague Signed 

Post#1701 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:08 pm

midranger wrote:If Khris just accepted the super Korver role and put up 12 threes a game he’d be great. Never dribble when both Giannis and Jrue were on the court, just shoot a ton of open threes from their gravity. Slide in to secondary scorer/playmaker mode when one steps off the court.

I’m not saying he’s bad as is. We’re just not optimizing him, nor the team at large strength spamming isos to him like a third of the game

Yep. And hopefully Teague can help be that primary ball-handler during those stretches when only Khris is on the court (and not Giannis or Jrue). It's almost as if his best role would be like what Bojan Bogdanovic provides for half the price. This is like the John Salmons/Michael Redd discussion deja vu.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#1702 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:18 pm

emunney wrote:
Garden Of Edens wrote:I think the Bucks will have to move Lopez next year so they can sign Donte. He’s going to get at least 10mil a year

Just trade Donte for Davion.

Why not both?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,939

Post#1703 » by midranger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:48 pm

emunney wrote:Guys like Donte don't grow on trees but they do grow in the late lottery.

“You can find 3 guys like him every second round.”
-europa (originally about brook Lopez, also incorrect)
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1704 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:10 pm

midranger wrote:If Khris just accepted the super Korver role and put up 12 threes a game he’d be great. Never dribble when both Giannis and Jrue were on the court, just shoot a ton of open threes from their gravity. Slide in to secondary scorer/playmaker mode when one steps off the court. Take over the game in the 2-of-15 games he’s completely lights out in.

This is way for Khris. Forget about dribbling the clock down and trying to facilitate.

I’m not saying he’s bad as is. We’re just not optimizing him, nor the team at large strength spamming isos to him like a third of the game
Fun Fact: Khris has attempted nine 3 pointers ONCE THIS SEASON

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#1705 » by slos » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:53 pm

The tax line for 2021-22 is projected to be at 136,6 mil and Bucks are now already there with 8 players under contract control...

1. Giannis.........$39,344,900
2. Middleton......$35,500,000
3. Holiday.........$30,133,333 (est)
4. Lopez...........$13,302,325
5. Connaughton...$5,333,334
6. DiVincenzo.....$4,675,830
7. Nwora...........$1,517,981
8. Merrill...........$1,517,981 (NG)
- dead money......$5,034,893 (Leuer, Sanders)
- total............$136,360,577

That's without Teague/Forbes/Thanasis/Tucker/Portis (and Kurucs).

- Obviously Portis is the most difficult task here. Let's hope he is talked into a 2y/12mil/PO tax-MLE with a handshake that we will take care of him in 2022-23 when Bucks will have his early Bird rights.
- Tucker needs to be extended for one more year. It's either him or some other vet with the min.
- Thanasis will get the min.
- Forbes will probably opt in.
- Teague might earn himself an extra season in Milwaukee.
- Diakite and the HOU SRP gets us to 15.

That's about 22 mil in the tax without counting Jrue's bonuses.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#1706 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:39 pm

Rockets have released Justin Patton from his 2 way. I'd replace Toupane with Patton.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#1707 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:45 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Rockets have released Justin Patton from his 2 way. I'd replace Toupane with Patton.

I reckon we could replace Toupane with anyone. Just didn't see it with him, unfortunately.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#1708 » by RiotPunch » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:52 pm

Understand wanting another big in Patton, but I'd rather go get DaQuan Jeffries. I still think he has a role in this league, the Kings are a dumb organization.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#1709 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:55 pm

When can we extend DDV?
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#1710 » by slos » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:13 am

ReasonablySober wrote:When can we extend DDV?

Probably in the offseason. I would be happy with a 4y/50mil.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#1711 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:19 am

slos wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:When can we extend DDV?

Probably in the offseason. I would be happy with a 4y/50mil.

Kennard got 4/64 with year 4 being a TO. I’d expect DDV gets about the same.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,218

Post#1712 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:19 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#1713 » by emunney » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:40 am

RiotPunch wrote:Understand wanting another big in Patton, but I'd rather go get DaQuan Jeffries. I still think he has a role in this league, the Kings are a dumb organization.

They let him go?? Two year deal right now.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1714 » by buckbeer » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:19 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks like a very good deal for the Bucks, shows that Jrue wants to stay with the Bucks.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1715 » by buckbeer » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:35 am

slos wrote:The tax line for 2021-22 is projected to be at 136,6 mil and Bucks are now already there with 8 players under contract control...

1. Giannis.........$39,344,900
2. Middleton......$35,500,000
3. Holiday.........$30,133,333 (est)
4. Lopez...........$13,302,325
5. Connaughton...$5,333,334
6. DiVincenzo.....$4,675,830
7. Nwora...........$1,517,981
8. Merrill...........$1,517,981 (NG)
- dead money......$5,034,893 (Leuer, Sanders)
- total............$136,360,577

That's without Teague/Forbes/Thanasis/Tucker/Portis (and Kurucs).

- Obviously Portis is the most difficult task here. Let's hope he is talked into a 2y/12mil/PO tax-MLE with a handshake that we will take care of him in 2022-23 when Bucks will have his early Bird rights.
- Tucker needs to be extended for one more year. It's either him or some other vet with the min.
- Thanasis will get the min.
- Forbes will probably opt in.
- Teague might earn himself an extra season in Milwaukee.
- Diakite and the HOU SRP gets us to 15.

That's about 22 mil in the tax without counting Jrue's bonuses.

Of all the non-starters in the team, the Bucks must keep Portis, he's a perfect center for the Bucks with his shooting abilities and offense and rebounding. Tucker, Teague and Kurucs can go, if Forbes doesn't opt in, he can go. If Thanasis wants more than the minimum, he can go too.

Next season's roster
Starters: Jrue, DDV, Khris, Giannis, Brook
Bench: Merrill, Pat, Nwora, Diakite, Portis, Thanasis (minimum), Houston SRP
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#1716 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:58 am

thonnisbeastley wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:Jrue gave away the rest of his 2020 salary to people in need due to the pandemic. He's not worried about money. He's a laid back humble dude. I wouldn't be 100% certain he will re-sign, but if he wants to win a championship and play a big role in doing so, where else would he want to go? Personally, I'll be pretty upset if we pay him more than $30M/per for 4 years. He's getting older and he's not a max level player. We'd also be stuck with what we have as far as personnel goes. Hoping for something like a 3 year deal, $75-90M with a player option in the 3rd year. Gives us 3 years of title chasing with Jrue and pays him what he's worth, while giving him the chance to sign with somebody else to chase a ring if it doesn't work out.

I'm hoping for that too, but based on what Horst gave to Middleton, I don't think it's going to happen.

At the end of the day, it is better to have Jrue Holiday on your team even if it means signing him for 5 years than to let him go.

Yeah, Horst has been throwing so much money out to everyone since he took over. Every single one of our players we re-signed were overpaid, except for Giannis. I expect a 4/140 deal with a player option on the 4th year. We will realize after next season that we are **** paying Giannis, Jrue, and Middleton $120/year with no cap space or draft picks to do anything. Then we will trade Middleton but botch the trade. Then Giannis will be pissed and demand a trade. Then the owners will sell us to Seattle or we will re-live the Kohl era for 20 years until we luck out once again.

Bucks are not relocating.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#1717 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:37 am

Matches Malone wrote:
djsunyc wrote:$120 mil/year between 3 players. bucks need to be prepared to be repeat tax offenders for many years.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they looked at moving Middleton in the off-season if we can't get further in the playoffs.

I've been saying this. And it support it.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#1718 » by aboveAverage » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:00 pm

Some of you guys don’t understand the reality and the difficulties of building a championship level NBA team in Milwaukee. Are some players overpaid? Maybe. Did our organization do everything perfectly? No. But which organization has? We have three all stars, one of them a superstar, signed for the next 3-4 years. We have a legit shot of contending for a championship for the next three years. In the NBA, that’s pretty much what every franchise strives for. First you get your core assets in place, then you tweak the roster.

A really good big three costs a lot of money. That’s just how it is in the league today. We’re now in the position to compete for a championship for the next few years, and that’s good enough for me.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1719 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
midranger wrote:If Khris just accepted the super Korver role and put up 12 threes a game he’d be great. Never dribble when both Giannis and Jrue were on the court, just shoot a ton of open threes from their gravity. Slide in to secondary scorer/playmaker mode when one steps off the court.

Yep. And hopefully Teague can help be that primary ball-handler during those stretches when only Khris is on the court (and not Giannis or Jrue). It's almost as if his best role would be like what Bojan Bogdanovic provides for half the price. This is like the John Salmons/Michael Redd discussion deja vu.

Bud tried to make Khris a super Korver role player when he got here and it failed terribly. Mids need the ball in his hands to get in to a rhythm and get his shot going. I think he's "slumped" a bit of late since Jrue's emergence and higher usage. Still, Khris is putting up fine numbers overall, 20/6/5 is nothing to worry about. It's when he gets too much defensive attention, traps and doubles that he wilts disappears during the game. That's what Bucks need to figure out how to counter before playoffs come.

Some of the forced mismatched iso's feels like a page out of Kidd's playbook, as long as it's not overdone, it's a fine thing for him to have as part of his bag.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#1720 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:22 pm

The whole "Super Korver" thing is a comically bad mismanagement of Khris' offensive talent and I'm amazed that people still suggest it on a regular basis. The last two years he's been in like, the 90th percentile of ISO scoring efficiency and has legit turned into one of the best 3-level wing scorers in basketball.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks