ImageImageImageImageImage

OT : DMX OD’s - in critical condition

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,348

Re: OT : DMX OD’s - in critical condition 

Post#21 » by tanuki1031 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:04 am

Man, just watched Belly the other night. Hope DMX fully recovers and bangs out another platinum plus joint.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#22 » by will » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:15 pm

tanuki1031 wrote:Man, just watched Belly the other night. Hope DMX fully recovers and bangs out another platinum plus joint.

That is a WILD movie. Still remember those BELLY ads in The Source mag.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#23 » by will » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:24 pm

From what TMZ is reporting, X still in critical condition.

Not responsive.

Damn.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#24 » by Ramed Nazored » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:32 pm

will wrote:From what TMZ is reporting, X still in critical condition.

Not responsive.

Damn.

He’s done brother. Doubt there’s any brain activity. It’s up to the family when they choose to pull the plug.

I’m going to spend the day in gratitude and love. I know this scenario oh to well.

Blessings to you and your family.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#25 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:35 pm

will wrote:
tanuki1031 wrote:Man, just watched Belly the other night. Hope DMX fully recovers and bangs out another platinum plus joint.

OK, this is D'Angelo's song off his classic Voodoo album, but it goes so well with the movie clips.

M3tro
Analyst
And1: 3,063

Post#26 » by M3tro » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:40 pm

Here comes the BOOM!!
will
RealGM

Post#27 » by will » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:41 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
will wrote:

OK, this is D'Angelo's song off his classic Voodoo album, but it goes so well with the movie clips.

Not to throw this thread off left - however that Voodoo album from D'Angelo is fire!
M3tro
Analyst
And1: 3,063

Post#28 » by M3tro » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:43 pm

And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#29 » by And1+2 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:45 pm

will wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
will wrote:

Not to throw this thread off left - however that Voodoo album from D'Angelo is fire!

One of the best albums of all time, imo. Absolute masterpiece. Black Messiah is fire as well!
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#30 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:38 pm

"i only gave you the crown so i can shoot it off ur effing head"

DMX was one of a few of those artists who I'd skip school for on Tuesdays to buy albums. First guy in future shop, 9.99 for a CD and get on out. My mom was understanding but my dad gave me **** lol. I also liked his movies Exit Wounds and Cradle 2 the Grave.

His vocals are probably the most unique of all time. And his music gave you energy like no other artist. I remember playing DMX in my car recently with LOX and one of my friends who is into the melodic rap genre, couldn't handle DMX's aggression. I was laughing my ass off.

Crack is pretty serious specially when you start so early like DMX.I have some in my extended family who's lives have been completely destroyed by it. I hope he pulls through.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
will
RealGM

Post#31 » by will » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:58 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:"i only gave you the crown so i can shoot it off ur effing head"

DMX was one of a few of those artists who I'd skip school for on Tuesdays to buy albums. First guy in future shop, 9.99 for a CD and get on out. My mom was understanding but my dad gave me **** lol. I also liked his movies Exit Wounds and Cradle 2 the Grave.

His vocals are probably the most unique of all time. And his music gave you energy like no other artist. I remember playing DMX in my car recently with LOX and one of my friends who is into the melodic rap genre, couldn't handle DMX's aggression. I was laughing my ass off.

Crack is pretty serious specially when you start so early like DMX.I have some in my extended family who's lives have been completely destroyed by it. I hope he pulls through.

That's real :lol:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#32 » by mtcan » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:42 pm

will wrote:
Westside Gunn wrote:"i only gave you the crown so i can shoot it off ur effing head"

That's real :lol:

Oh yes...Romeo Must Die and Cradle to the Grave...he and Jet Li were in a couple of movies back in the day...
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#33 » by Brinbe » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:46 pm

earl is a legend. 98/99, you just had to be there. he had the game on lock and ended diddy's run on top practically overnight.

dark man x would eat up these little puppers running around now :lol:

addiction is a hell of a thing to go through, i hope he pulls through.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#34 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:01 pm

And1+2 wrote:
will wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

One of the best albums of all time, imo. Absolute masterpiece. Black Messiah is fire as well!

D'Angelo should have been Prince. I guess it was "demons" problem after Voodoo.

I caught his tour date in Toronto a year before Black Messiah came out. Don't think there was anything from the album in the show, but he had a lot of new stuff that was much more rocked up. And then, he disappeared again. So mercurial, but incredibly talented. I mean, you're a genius, and you go 15 years between albums? They took drugs in the 60s, but still pumped out a new album ever 9 months or so.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#35 » by hype_2004 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:07 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
will wrote:From what TMZ is reporting, X still in critical condition.

Not responsive.

Damn.

He’s done brother. Doubt there’s any brain activity. It’s up to the family when they choose to pull the plug.

I’m going to spend the day in gratitude and love. I know this scenario oh to well.

Blessings to you and your family.

Sadly this is the final outcome, there's still a slight chance he survives and wakes up then he's just a walking vegetable devoid of a soul. Prayers to him, God has plans for us and if this his time to go then so be it.
will
RealGM

Post#36 » by will » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:10 pm

Brinbe wrote:earl is a legend. 98/99, you just had to be there. he had the game on lock and ended diddy's run on top practically overnight.

dark man x would eat up these little puppers running around now :lol:

addiction is a hell of a thing to go through, i hope he pulls through.

What a time.

Ruff Ryderz, Cash Money Records, No Limit Records, Bad Boy...

Earl, man...vegetative state now.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:44 am

vegetative state. my god...

this is another one of those **** im getting old moments. people you looked up to, favourite athletes, artists, uncles, aunts are all passing away. didn't know dmx, but me and my friends spent hours and hours listening to his music, watching his movies, analyzing the lyrics and continued listening to his music as soon as he became irrelevant post 2010.

ive seen too much health related suffering in the last year which has basically motivated me to push myself to eat healthy and stay active as much as possible. i did go on a takeout food binge on the long weekend but will correct it all this week.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,547

Post#38 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:49 am

Very sad. He was never given a fair shot to succeed at life. Grew up in an abusive household and has lived with those demons his entire life. His list of crimes is a sight to behold and he would’ve died in jail if not for his celebrity status and high priced lawyers. Yet another example of how important it is to have good parents. I don’t blame him.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:59 am

one of my favourite dmx songs. over a stephanie mills oldie

i would turn this on cruisin on lakeshore, windows down feelin the breeze
kasrahimi
Senior
And1: 713

Post#40 » by kasrahimi » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:18 am

Westside Gunn wrote:

one of my favourite dmx songs. over a stephanie mills oldie

i would turn this on cruisin on lakeshore, windows down feelin the breeze

Banger. Like a lot of you, I grew up on his music.

They don't make 'em like X anymore. Legend.
Lurking since '05

Return to Toronto Raptors