ImageImageImage

This Towns...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

This Towns... 

Post#1 » by Norseman79 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:22 am

The KAT is the first half...that Kat..that is the one who could lead us to playoffs. That Kat is the best center in the league. That Kat is what the hype is about. I want that Kat every damn game!

I am one of, if not the BIGGEST kat critic on here. I hate his soft ass whiny games....but when he plays like this, I would eat crow all damn year if he would play like this consistently.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: This Towns... 

Post#2 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:18 am

Yes he manned up this game no doubt.

I think it's possible they might have won this had Okogie not been started.
Vando got like 2 minutes. Juan got 2 minutes. What?

Towns played a big game.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#3 » by jpatrick » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:24 am

Jedzz wrote:Yes he manned up this game no doubt.

I think it's possible they might have won this had Okogie not been started.
Vando got like 2 minutes. Juan got 2 minutes. What?

Towns played a big game.

Getting another starting quality big (center or PF) has to be Rosas’ top priority this offseason. Vando is so bad offensively and Jauncho is bad defensively, although surprised he doesn’t get more run just because of our lack of options.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#4 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:35 am

jpatrick wrote:
Getting another starting quality big (center or PF) has to be Rosas’ top priority this offseason. Vando is so bad offensively and Jauncho is bad defensively, although surprised he doesn’t get more run just because of our lack of options.

Yes needs to happen.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Norseman79 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:38 am

Jedzz wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

Yes needs to happen.

A big, mean SOB. One that would have put Embiid on his ass after the shots Kat took. Find me a 6'10 Harrell, D. Green, Charles Oakley type.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#6 » by Neeva » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:43 am

We need to get this KAT all next season he should be on a mission to get to playoffs and back to all star game.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#7 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:46 am

Neeva wrote:We need to get this KAT all next season he should be on a mission to get to playoffs and back to all star game.

You know I really liked this game from him today too. Many of us probably did. It's growth. We've seen the prior Philly games and this was definitely a step up for him in handling them. The team can get somewhere with this Towns if they can just keep a team playing around him. He sounds devoted and focused on a level he's never really been at before even if he felt he was before. This seems different. It's showing on the court as much as in his words and actions.

However it may have taken a cost for him to get here. Listening to his post game of course the local guys first have to drill him about the Embiid garbage, then the ref stuff, old story garbage. Kat immediately tells them he's not into this narrative stuff and they press anyway of course. I wish they would have just told him great game Karl, wish you would have had a full team for a win, deserved it, and let him relax. Because what really ended up happening is they pushed him into talking about emotional junk again, he starts thinking about his mother and the interview really kind of goes sour. To the point he lets it slip how he's remembering all the moments he turned his mother down for getting together because he felt he had to work on his ball 3 months before the season,..how he isn't happy he made those decisions but he "...I've already given my whole life to this game and Minnesota..." My Radar flies up on that line. That's an unrelated slip to what he was ultimately trying to get at. He was just trying to get to the point that the Refs calls just don't enter into the equation in his life like they used to. He did ultimately make that point.

But that slip in the middle is a line that more or less says...I already gave my life to this crappy team...I've already put this team before my family and now...don't give me any grief when I move on. He didn't fully say that, but it was soo close. That's an even more powerful line than what players typically say like "...hey I've already given this team 8 years, I've done my duty so don't hate me because I'm beautiful and moving on." That slip tells me he's thought of this already or someone has been in his ear with such things.

Rosas best get his act together. He could have put the finishing touches on this team at the deadline and Towns was ready for him to. Now...I'm not sure he's got the time to play around with draft kiddies anymore.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#8 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:35 am

II really think KAT is still not 100 percent, he's close and he can channel that more often but I think his hand is a factor and his percentage are down. Hoping next year we can get the best KAT we have seen yet and I hope he has some running mates who can make that happen.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,299

Post#9 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:26 am

When a healthy team with a winning record plays against an unhealthy team at home the story writes itself. When KAT is missing his starting PG and SG, as well as his backup PG and his backup SG goes down with an ankle injury 4:33 into the game the story writes itself. KAT has the ability to play angry and not get sloppy, but his year/year and a half has been so brutal that he is just not okay yet. To judge a 25 year old on emotional maturity after the year he just had, burying not only his mother, but six other family members. Not to mention his father being hospitalized with Covid and the very real threat of losing him as well. KAT needs therapy, time to heal, and to get his left wrist right. Winning will happen hopefully next season, especially if we add some size at the starting PF and backup C.

KAT isn’t happy, but he also isn’t stupid. He knew Ryan had to go. He knows between his own missed games, Dlo’s missed games, Beasley’s missed games, the late blooming of our rookies, and the other things going on, this season was doomed. Next season hopefully we keep our pick and make some nice moves to get that missing size. KAT has said he wants to stay and build something here, and I believe him. It would mean far less to him to be the third best player on a super team than to be the next KG who made the wolves relevant again.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Norseman79 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:47 pm

winforlose wrote:When a healthy team with a winning record plays against an unhealthy team at home the story writes itself. When KAT is missing his starting PG and SG, as well as his backup PG and his backup SG goes down with an ankle injury 4:33 into the game the story writes itself. KAT has the ability to play angry and not get sloppy, but his year/year and a half has been so brutal that he is just not okay yet. To judge a 25 year old on emotional maturity after the year he just had, burying not only his mother, but six other family members. Not to mention his father being hospitalized with Covid and the very real threat of losing him as well. KAT needs therapy, time to heal, and to get his left wrist right. Winning will happen hopefully next season, especially if we add some size at the starting PF and backup C.

KAT isn’t happy, but he also isn’t stupid. He knew Ryan had to go. He knows between his own missed games, Dlo’s missed games, Beasley’s missed games, the late blooming of our rookies, and the other things going on, this season was doomed. Next season hopefully we keep our pick and make some nice moves to get that missing size. KAT has said he wants to stay and build something here, and I believe him. It would mean far less to him to be the third best player on a super team than to be the next KG who made the wolves relevant again.

Except KAT was like this prior to Covid as well. Call me insensitive, but if you are good enough to show up and play, there aren't excuses. Dude had a brutal stretch, I get it, but life sucks sometimes. Are there more important things in life than your job, absolutely. Would I have blamed him if he took the year off due to the death of his mom? Absolutely not. However, I am not going to make excuses or enable an issue that has been present for years as due to the passing of his family members. I have buried children, siblings, parents, and friends... expectedly and unexpectedly, Kat has my compassion, but not my pity. At 25 years old he is a grown man, not some little boy.

The real part that chapped my ass was Jim Peterson talking about how Ant chewed people's asses (including his own) for how they were warming up and preparing for the games. Sounds a lot like what Butler was sick of dealing with. What is the common thread between Butlers Wolves and these ones??? Don't say Josh Okoge either
winforlose
General Manager

Post#11 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:56 pm

Norseman79 wrote:
winforlose wrote:When a healthy team with a winning record plays against an unhealthy team at home the story writes itself. When KAT is missing his starting PG and SG, as well as his backup PG and his backup SG goes down with an ankle injury 4:33 into the game the story writes itself. KAT has the ability to play angry and not get sloppy, but his year/year and a half has been so brutal that he is just not okay yet. To judge a 25 year old on emotional maturity after the year he just had, burying not only his mother, but six other family members. Not to mention his father being hospitalized with Covid and the very real threat of losing him as well. KAT needs therapy, time to heal, and to get his left wrist right. Winning will happen hopefully next season, especially if we add some size at the starting PF and backup C.

Except KAT was like this prior to Covid as well. Call me insensitive, but if you are good enough to show up and play, there aren't excuses. Dude had a brutal stretch, I get it, but life sucks sometimes. Are there more important things in life than your job, absolutely. Would I have blamed him if he took the year off due to the death of his mom? Absolutely not. However, I am not going to make excuses or enable an issue that has been present for years as due to the passing of his family members. I have buried children, siblings, parents, and friends... expectedly and unexpectedly, Kat has my compassion, but not my pity. At 25 years old he is a grown man, not some little boy.

The real part that chapped my ass was Jim Peterson talking about how Ant chewed people's asses (including his own) for how they were warming up and preparing for the games. Sounds a lot like what Butler was sick of dealing with. What is the common thread between Butlers Wolves and these ones??? Don't say Josh Okoge either

Seven family members in a year plus almost losing your dad and being fearful of losing more loved ones to the pandemic is a bit more than sad or tragic. He gets a ton of credit for not taking the year off, even though it meant him getting a bad case of Covid in which he said something like “there were nights I was afraid I would not wake up in the morning.” At 25 he is maturing and playing more consistent. He still has work to do, but he gets more slack than you are giving him.

The losing culture was fostered by Ryan. He knew he had to buddy up to guys to keep his job because he was not qualified or talented enough to do his job. Finch came in and is cussing people out in practice, benching lazy defenders, shortening the rotation, and calling out the team at end of game press conferences. It’s hard to know what more he can do at this point. What we need is to get everyone healthy and convince the players that next season is going to be different. Guys play harder with something to play for.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Norseman79 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:57 pm

winforlose wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:

Seven family members in a year plus almost losing your dad and being fearful of losing more loved ones to the pandemic is a bit more than sad or tragic. He gets a ton of credit for not taking the year off, even though it meant him getting a bad case of Covid in which he said something like “there were nights I was afraid I would not wake up in the morning.” At 25 he is maturing and playing more consistent. He still has work to do, but he gets more slack than you are giving him.

The losing culture was fostered by Ryan. He knew he had to buddy up to guys to keep his job because he was not qualified or talented enough to do his job. Finch came in and is cussing people out in practice, benching lazy defenders, shortening the rotation, and calling out the team at end of game press conferences. It’s hard to know what more he can do at this point. What we need is to get everyone healthy and convince the players that next season is going to be different. Guys play harder with something to play for.

He gets more slack from you, not from me. 6th year in the league, this should be figured out by now. The stuff with his family aside, this issue isn't new.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#13 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:15 am

Norseman79 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:

He gets more slack from you, not from me. 6th year in the league, this should be figured out by now. The stuff with his family aside, this issue isn't new.

His defense is better. His passing is better. His shooting is about equal (streaks of better and worse, but overall fairly consistent,) and his leadership role with Ant is developing (never saw that with Okogie or Culver.) All in all your main issue is the emotional stuff, and if ever a player should be emotionally unstable, it is KAT.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#14 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:25 am

Norseman79 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

Yes needs to happen.

A big, mean SOB. One that would have put Embiid on his ass after the shots Kat took. Find me a 6'10 Harrell, D. Green, Charles Oakley type.

Agreed 100%. Having a big vet PF who can start, be a good mentor and not necessarily close games but depending on matchups can hold his own would be huge, IMO.

Dlo
Ant
McDaniels
Vet PF
Kat
then we can go small and put Beasley in for the PF.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves