ImageImageImage

Game 50 : Memphis Grizzlies (23-23) @ Philadelphia 76ers (34-15) l Sunday l 7pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Re: Game 50 : Memphis Grizzlies (23-23) @ Philadelphia 76ers (34-15) l Sunday l 7pm 

Post#101 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:42 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
sixerguy wrote:at this point Ben ain't even tall Rondo - he's a tall Brevin Knight

this comment made me laugh and cry.

i am super old to know Brevin Knight lol

;_;

Yeah I was feeling really bad that I knew who he is also.

Think he played for the Grizz for a while

Damn....I remember him at Stanford lol. Drew comparisons to Damon Stoudamire.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,039

Re: Game 50 : Memphis Grizzlies (23-23) @ Philadelphia 76ers (34-15) l Sunday l 7pm 

Post#102 » by ivysixer2000 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:48 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:this comment made me laugh and cry.

i am super old to know Brevin Knight lol

;_;

Yeah I was feeling really bad that I knew who he is also.

Think he played for the Grizz for a while

Damn....I remember him at Stanford lol. Drew comparisons to Damon Stoudamire.

He might've been Damon's mini me, bout it lol.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#103 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:52 am

I think this team gave it a one year trial with Ben, Doc, Embiid, and to a lesser extent...Harris. If this team can't make the finals this year, then I will most definitely expect a Simmons trade to happen. It'll be interesting to see where things go and who becomes available this summer. Ben (by all expectations), should be able to carry this team when Embiid sits. We have been winning without JoJo, but I'd credit that more towards the play of Harris and Milton. Tonight may have just been a fluke, tired legs, etc, but disappearing acts by Simmons cannot happen as frequently as they do. I personally don't think he's going to be here past his contract anyway, and if we can't deliver in the playoffs this year, then I'll be in agreement that it will be time to move on.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,823

Post#104 » by Negrodamus » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:00 am

How did Mason Jones look tonight?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#105 » by Black Mage » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:13 am

Anyone heard anything off court involving Ben? He looks like he's totally out of it right now.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 648

Post#106 » by HardenToSixers » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:13 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
HardenToSixers wrote:
Stanford wrote:Said from the beginning the Hill trade was a bad GM move

:dontknow:

Only thing that was a bad GM move was not trading Simmons in the last 4 years

Another bad move is your screen name, just sayin.
I wasn’t anticipating Harden to the Sixers was a done deal or even the most likely scenario. I thought it would be an ironic thing that would age poorly or a longshot of us getting him.

The more likely ironic situation played out. And I agree, it would’ve been a better situation if we had pulled the trade off. I’m a big Morey fan but it’s clear Frittata didn’t wanna deal with him.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 648

Post#107 » by HardenToSixers » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:16 am

Black Mage wrote:Anyone heard anything off court involving Ben? He looks like he's totally out of it right now.

Yeah. We’re past the all star break.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,076

Post#108 » by Murray_17 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:17 am

Black Mage wrote:Anyone heard anything off court involving Ben? He looks like he's totally out of it right now.

In the interview of the post-game in denver he said there is stuff going on, but didn't said nothing else.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,076

Post#109 » by Murray_17 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:17 am

also

Read on Twitter

LOL Doc
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#110 » by Black Mage » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:22 am

Murray_17 wrote:

In the interview of the post-game in denver he said there is stuff going on, but didn't said nothing else.

I saw that statement,but wasn't sure if anything concrete came out of it.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,547

Post#111 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:08 am

Murray_17 wrote:also

Read on Twitter

LOL Doc

Im not saying Reed is a bad player.

Doc is right. Reed is raw. And thats fair given he’s a rookie.

You sometimes can see our guys trying to literally push him to get into certain spots when he’s frequently out of position.

The game is too fast for him now and he gets pressured when it gets physical.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#112 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:11 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I think this team gave it a one year trial with Ben, Doc, Embiid, and to a lesser extent...Harris. If this team can't make the finals this year, then I will most definitely expect a Simmons trade to happen. It'll be interesting to see where things go and who becomes available this summer. Ben (by all expectations), should be able to carry this team when Embiid sits. We have been winning without JoJo, but I'd credit that more towards the play of Harris and Milton. Tonight may have just been a fluke, tired legs, etc, but disappearing acts by Simmons cannot happen as frequently as they do. I personally don't think he's going to be here past his contract anyway, and if we can't deliver in the playoffs this year, then I'll be in agreement that it will be time to move on.

I do think it depends more on other variables.

Like when Harden was available, we’re also were very willing to trade Ben. Morey was just acting like he hasnt planned it all along.

My belief is we’ll continually groom our guys, specially our young guys into assets. Accumulate them. Then try to trade once a package is available.

But until then, expect us to go sideways with this team. We’re not just going to explode it just because of not reaching the finals.

Why? There’s not really that much options. Guys like Beal arent looking to be asking for a trade. And I wouldnt want to overpay for him.

Moves like the Lowry deal by giving up multiple firsts for an overrated star will just hurt our chances to win it, in the grand scheme of things.

While the top tier stars like Harden are busy trying to win with their team and aren’t looking to form any superteam right now.

Until then, we’d do the Celtics way of playing in the 1st to 2nd round purgatory while accumulating assets on the side.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#113 » by TTP » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:01 am

76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

LOL Doc

You sometimes can see our guys trying to literally push him to get into certain spots when he’s frequently out of position.

Raw can get cooking once it's thrown into the fire. There's nothing you can do about the stuff that's past its prime and starting to go bad.

Reed > Scott
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#114 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:04 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

LOL Doc

Raw can get cooking with a fire lit under its ass. There's nothing you can do about the stuff that's past its prime and starting to go bad.

Reed > Scott

True.

Nobody values scott over reed.

But if you factor in the guys emotion, the guys prefers to play with a vet. The moral and energy level goes down if your teammate keeps making amateur mistakes.

Both guys are very minimal impact guys anyway.

P.S. im not comparing Mike Scott and Reed on my previous post and is just specifically talking about Reed
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#115 » by Kolkmania » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:10 am

Grizzlies are a really solid team, basically good players from 1-15. They're a little light on shot creation, but hot shooting from behind the arch will offset that limitation.

Typical back-to-back game, rebounds we didn't pursue, not enough deflections for transition opportunities, missed FT's. Curious to see when Hill will enter the rotation, the Curry handoffs are quite pointless.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#116 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:30 am

Kolkmania wrote:Grizzlies are a really solid team, basically good players from 1-15. They're a little light on shot creation, but hot shooting from behind the arch will offset that limitation.

Typical back-to-back game, rebounds we didn't pursue, not enough deflections for transition opportunities, missed FT's. Curious to see when Hill will enter the rotation, the Curry handoffs are quite pointless.

Been saying it.

Curry is only good when defense are short like the Cavs.

Grizzlies have lengthy and physical defenders. He struggles on these type of match-ups.

Curry needs really good separation to get his shots off. This is why he doesnt take a high volume of shots or 3s (i.e. Buddy Hield) despite his percentages.

I believe his effectiveness will decline steeply in the playoffs and as we go deep in the playoffs.

Morey knows this. Thats why he added Hill. Our team will lose its step if teams can take away Curry and we dont have a counter for that scenario.
shlo
Junior
And1: 247

Post#117 » by shlo » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:42 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

LOL Doc

Raw can get cooking once it's thrown into the fire. There's nothing you can do about the stuff that's past its prime and starting to go bad.

Reed > Scott

Doc Rivers has never liked playing rookies. He doesn't trust them. Frankly, I think that's a knock on Doc.... the over reliance on vets at the detriment of developing younger guys, but that's the way he's always been.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#118 » by DCasey91 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:03 pm

Got to structure the team like Hakeem 95’ Howard 10’ imho. Obv a higher ceiling with potential assets trade offs.

Ben is gone for Beal plus Maxey and a 1st if that trade doesn’t eventuate then go for CJ. I’d rather two man game it heliocentric wise.
25ppg scorer on the outside 30ppg scorer on the inside. Already at a high level defensively with a fit fully prime Embiid anyway. Resign Green and put the chips in. Build a defense which is easier with already an elite anchor (Wings always have less value than Bigs defensively).
More than enough time now

Curry the 6th Man.

Ben is a huge liability now offensively and the team can’t support him (NBA history only one team can lol).

It was always Embiid that’s had historic win %’s when he plays. Came in with arguably the worst team ever in the NBA’s history in his rookie year and won games. That’s without Ben too I might add

Process was always and will be with Embiid.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#119 » by MVP1992 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:12 pm

Well that was painful
First game I've lost interest by the 3rd qtr and switched off.

How can an NBA player just refuse to shoot at all.
Ben's layup percentage is probably lower than his 3pt shot. Not even joking. Sad.
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#120 » by DCasey91 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:22 pm

MVP1992 wrote:Well that was painful
First game I've lost interest by the 3rd qtr and switched off.

How can an NBA player just refuse to shoot at all.
Ben's layup percentage is probably lower than his 3pt shot. Not even joking. Sad.

My private thoughts/beliefs tells me that Ben is going to have a pretty bad mid/end to his career.
Only way I can see him having an important impact is if he doubles down on defense Rodman/Pippen 2.0 but he lacks self motivation/don’t even get started on his mental makeup. Something is definitely NQR which I worry long term basketball aside.

Griffin added a lot to his game, injuries took its toll. Ben plays an even more taxing game style.
Draymond Green ran offense looked horrible. Also having worse range than even Andre Drummond/Shaq anyway this is revisionist now. Summer League was his actual peak/potential.

No harm no foul wish Ben the best as a person but it’s time to move on end of year.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers