ImageImageImageImage

What/Who is the archtype player to add to this young core?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Re: What/Who is the archtype player to add to this young core? 

Post#41 » by zaymon » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:18 am

I would be very reluctant to give back starting role to Fultz unless he starts to shoot. It will look better if he has to fight for it after injury than takimg it from him. Looking what happened to Bucks in the playoffs and how Jazz are rolling i see almost no incentive to start him. His defense was also kind of bad. Perfect scenario is Suggs/Harris or Harris/Cunningham, but Anthony/Harris could be lethal also. We will see soon enough, cant wait.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#42 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:10 pm

drsd wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
drsd wrote:For me this team as constructed could profit from a ball-dominant 2-guard. A~18 FGA per game type player.
i.e. Whoever the next Mitchell is.

If they're that ball dominant (and maybe inefficient), do you think it'll lesson the effectiveness of other players like Fultz & Okeke? If we had that type of SG, I'd want a more 3&D-centric PG.

Orlando will have very good back-court rebounding for long offensive board on missed jumpers. Again: for me the team is assembled to have a 2-guard jack up 18 FGA per game.

Fultz' game is perfect for a drive and pop type offense where the SG would get ~5 catch and shoot opportunities. As for Okeke, he needs to develop a pick and role game to ever be more than a catch and shoot player.

I agree on the 18FGA/gm for the SG but what's your definition of ball-dominant? To me, jacking up 18FGA/gm is not ball-dominant.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#43 » by basketballRob » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:46 pm

zaymon wrote:I would be very reluctant to give back starting role to Fultz unless he starts to shoot. It will look better if he has to fight for it after injury than takimg it from him. Looking what happened to Bucks in the playoffs and how Jazz are rolling i see almost no incentive to start him. His defense was also kind of bad. Perfect scenario is Suggs/Harris or Harris/Cunningham, but Anthony/Harris could be lethal also. We will see soon enough, cant wait.
Fultz is still by far the best passing PG we have, and probably makes the lineups he'll be in, better. Bamba really needs him.

I know I'll see Chuma wide open and our PG just isn't capable of making a pass to him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#44 » by zaymon » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:23 pm

basketballRob wrote:
zaymon wrote:I would be very reluctant to give back starting role to Fultz unless he starts to shoot. It will look better if he has to fight for it after injury than takimg it from him. Looking what happened to Bucks in the playoffs and how Jazz are rolling i see almost no incentive to start him. His defense was also kind of bad. Perfect scenario is Suggs/Harris or Harris/Cunningham, but Anthony/Harris could be lethal also. We will see soon enough, cant wait.
Fultz is still by far the best passing PG we have, and probably makes the lineups he'll be in, better. Bamba really needs him.

I know I'll see Chuma wide open and our PG just isn't capable of making a pass to him.

Its hard to make a pass when defenders know you wont score from distance. If he needs to help Bamba he will come from the bench as Mo will propably never start for a good team. Look what Jazz did to us with shooting, Anthony/Harris have more potential imo.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#45 » by Last Guardian » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:54 pm

A guy with a lot of usage who can score efficiently from anywhere on the court but doesn't have extreme tunnel vision (only slight).

When healthy defense should be top in the league or whoever is coaching should be fired. Give us our next T-Mac and can we can live peacefully as contenders.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#46 » by drsd » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:28 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:I agree on the 18FGA/gm for the SG but what's your definition of ball-dominant? To me, jacking up 18FGA/gm is not ball-dominant.

I would prefer the next Mitchell over the next Iverson.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#47 » by basketballRob » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:48 pm

zaymon wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Its hard to make a pass when defenders know you wont score from distance. If he needs to help Bamba he will come from the bench as Mo will propably never start for a good team. Look what Jazz did to us with shooting, Anthony/Harris have more potential imo.
Fultz only played a short time with Bamba before he was promoted to the SL, but he got him several easy shots at the rim. Okeke is the best passer behind Fultz on the team right now.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#48 » by cedric76 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:39 pm

I can't wait to see what Harris is gonna do for us once he is back
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#49 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:04 pm

Knightro wrote:It sounds obvious because just about every team in the NBA wants and needs this, but a three level perimeter based scorer (threes, at rim, at FT line) who can also create easy shots for others is that one thing the Magic have lacked for so long.

Green has soooo much bust potential but also has soooo much raw untechable ability, some of which has already materialized, that I have to think he might be the guy we have to take a chance on based on this description. If we are hoping for the second coming of T-Mac, then Green is the closest we are going to get if he puts it all together.

Cade has a lot of this today at the college level but I am slowly doubting how well it translates to the NBA at a high level? Will he be a successful pro? Sure, no doubt. Will he be a star? Maybe. Will he be a franchise super star? I’m starting to say no. That concerns me.

Suggs is interesting. He oozes confidence and makes people better with his elite court vision. Is he an amazing scorer himself at the next level? I think he will be good enough. I do think the Chris Paul comps are semi fair.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#50 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:30 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Knightro wrote:It sounds obvious because just about every team in the NBA wants and needs this, but a three level perimeter based scorer (threes, at rim, at FT line) who can also create easy shots for others is that one thing the Magic have lacked for so long.

Green has soooo much bust potential but also has soooo much raw untechable ability, some of which has already materialized, that I have to think he might be the guy we have to take a chance on based on this description. If we are hoping for the second coming of T-Mac, then Green is the closest we are going to get if he puts it all together.

Cade has a lot of this today at the college level but I am slowly doubting how well it translates to the NBA at a high level? Will he be a successful pro? Sure, no doubt. Will he be a star? Maybe. Will he be a franchise super star? I’m starting to say no. That concerns me.

Suggs is interesting. He oozes confidence and makes people better with his elite court vision. Is he an amazing scorer himself at the next level? I think he will be good enough. I do think the Chris Paul comps are semi fair.
Tracy Mcgrady had freak size for a guard, with a 7'2" wingspan, that's 7" bigger than Green.

If Moody could handle the ball like T-Mac, he has similar size.

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#51 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Tracy Mcgrady had freak size for a guard, with a 7'2" wingspan, that's 7" bigger than Green.

If Moody could handle the ball like T-Mac, he has similar size.

I’m not claiming he’s a T-Mac clone in terms of measurables. I’m talking about his style of play and rare athleticism.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#52 » by drsd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:21 pm

Who is the archtype player to add to this young core?

Devin Cannady

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#53 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:00 pm

Who is the archtype player to add to this young core?

Lebron James with loyality of Dame :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic