11 Keon Johnson
12 Usman Garuba
13 Isaiah Jackson
14 Scottie Barnes
15 Ziaire Williams
16 James Bouknight
16 Corey Kispert
17 Trendon Watford

How can you list Boston that high? Same tier as Jalen Green? Green was considerably more hyped and both are supposed to be prototypically wing scorers, but then Green went out and crushed it and Boston sucked. I get UK guys tend to do better in the NBA but we haven't seen anyone actively stink to his levels at UK. I for the most part like this list but Boston I would have 40-50 spots lower. Doesn't Cam Reddish being hot garbage make you re-think Boston a little?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#1722 » by Stillwater » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:15 pm

Troubadour wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Troubadour wrote:
He's probably a mid to late 2nd rounder.

Bad take imo
He is clearly a first round lock already and to assume otherwise given his ability to score at will is short sighted...but I'm interested to hear why you think he's a mid 2nd rounder at best because I do not see 5 players in this draft with the same iso ability at the same size let alone 30 or 40

I'm just basing that on the draft coverage. He's definitely not in lottery conversations and he may work his way up to a late 1st at best. For reference, most big boards I have seen have him in the late 50s at the highest. Does one game change that? Maybe, but probably not enough to get him up to a lottery selection.

You cant possibly think I am basing it on one fn game lol
He has had a fantastic season and the fact "most" big boards in March never heard of him is a joke
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1723 » by Stillwater » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:17 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
reamily wrote:Davion mitchell is the smart version of marcus smart, but is he a legit 6 footer?

listed at 6'2" in shoes but the key is he obviously has got a + ws I bet even if it is an exaggeration at 6'2 hes at least 6'

does he have a + ws? looks pretty short to me, but eye tests gonna eye test.

yeah eye test looks far less than expected in that flex pic
plays like he has a 7' ws I guess maybe he just has gadget wings and dislocating joints when defending lol
He is fn lottery pick imo even if it turns out hes a t rex
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#1724 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:49 pm

Roger Murdock wrote:
clyde21 wrote:4/3 bb update

T1
1 Evan Mobley

T2
2 Jalen Suggs
3 Cade Cunningham

T3
4 Jalen Green
5 Jonathan Kuminga
6 Jaden Springer
7 Moses Moody
8 Brandon Boston Jr.
9 Franz Wagner

T4
10 Jalen Johnson
11 Keon Johnson
12 Usman Garuba
13 Isaiah Jackson
14 Scottie Barnes
15 Ziaire Williams
16 James Bouknight
16 Corey Kispert
17 Trendon Watford

How can you list Boston that high? Same tier as Jalen Green? Green was considerably more hyped and both are supposed to be prototypically wing scorers, but then Green went out and crushed it and Boston sucked. I get UK guys tend to do better in the NBA but we haven't seen anyone actively stink to his levels at UK. I for the most part like this list but Boston I would have 40-50 spots lower. Doesn't Cam Reddish being hot garbage make you re-think Boston a little?

to be clear, Green and Kuminga are closer to T2 (especially Green) than T3, but just didn't want to put them with Suggs/Cade but also didn't want to put them in their own tier just for consolidation purposes but yes, Green/Kuminga are clearly better right now than the rest of that tier, might just put Green in T2 when it's all said and done anyway tbh.

as for BJ, has nothing to do with Kentucky, he simply has all the makings of an elite scorer in the NBA, primary offensive skills are all there with + length and athleticism, it's the ancillary stuff that's missing now for but I have confidence in his scoring ability long term in the NBA.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#1725 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:34 pm

Stillwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:listed at 6'2" in shoes but the key is he obviously has got a + ws I bet even if it is an exaggeration at 6'2 hes at least 6'

plays like he has a 7' ws I guess maybe he just has gadget wings and dislocating joints when defending lol

I'm hoping this guy would fall to the Hawks somehow. I liken him to a better offensive version of Bledsoe which is very good for a mid 1st round prospect. This is another really solid draft.
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#1726 » by Ice Trae » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:07 pm

Yall think Juzang should declare? Or stay another year at UCLA
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,779

Post#1727 » by Scoonie » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:26 pm

Ice Trae wrote:Yall think Juzang should declare? Or stay another year at UCLA

I think you’ll see him declare for the draft. Very intriguing prospect that should be a first round pick. I’d take him ahead of a guy like Moses Moody.
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#1728 » by karkinos » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:34 am

juzang's draft stock can't get any better imo. i think someone takes a swing at him late first round
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,685

Post#1729 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:43 am

Stillwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:listed at 6'2" in shoes but the key is he obviously has got a + ws I bet even if it is an exaggeration at 6'2 hes at least 6'

It looks like he has normal human arms, so I wouldn't expect his wingspan to be longer than 6'3"" or 6'4" maximum, but that changes nothing for me. Just take an example like Jimmy Buckets, it's all about heart!

deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,593

Post#1730 » by Roger Murdock » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:20 am

clyde21 wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:
clyde21 wrote:4/3 bb update

T1
1 Evan Mobley

T2
2 Jalen Suggs
3 Cade Cunningham

T3
4 Jalen Green
5 Jonathan Kuminga
6 Jaden Springer
7 Moses Moody
8 Brandon Boston Jr.
9 Franz Wagner

T4
10 Jalen Johnson
11 Keon Johnson
12 Usman Garuba
13 Isaiah Jackson
14 Scottie Barnes
15 Ziaire Williams
16 James Bouknight
16 Corey Kispert
17 Trendon Watford

to be clear, Green and Kuminga are closer to T2 (especially Green) than T3, but just didn't want to put them with Suggs/Cade but also didn't want to put them in their own tier just for consolidation purposes but yes, Green/Kuminga are clearly better right now than the rest of that tier, might just put Green in T2 when it's all said and done anyway tbh.

as for BJ, has nothing to do with Kentucky, he simply has all the makings of an elite scorer in the NBA, primary offensive skills are all there with + length and athleticism, it's the ancillary stuff that's missing now for but I have confidence in his scoring ability long term in the NBA.

What do you see in him as a scorer. He's been just so, so bad this year at basically everything. I have a hard time seeing him ever eclipsing 1000 career points unless he improves substantially.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1731 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:25 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

It looks like he has normal human arms, so I wouldn't expect his wingspan to be longer than 6'3"" or 6'4" maximum, but that changes nothing for me. Just take an example like Jimmy Buckets, it's all about heart!

Sure we can all guess but it's irrelevant being he is a lock down defender.
I do think just looking at that picture 6'6" ws is the most likely but it's not easy to tell how broad the shoulders are in relation to the arms in that photo. He plays like he has a longer ws that this pic and maybe he does. Interesting comparison between Kawhi and Butler
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#1732 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:48 am

Roger Murdock wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:

What do you see in him as a scorer. He's been just so, so bad this year at basically everything. I have a hard time seeing him ever eclipsing 1000 career points unless he improves substantially.

eh, I think this Kentucky team as a whole was a huge mess, they were an absolute mess in the half-court, couldn't get any sets running on a consistent basis and the spacing was completely off the majority of the year....BJ has seem elite shot creation potential, a lot stronger than he looks finishing thru contact and his length/athleticism as a 2 guard is intriguing...he just needs to tighten the handle more and be more decisive with the rock, and I think he'll get there.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1733 » by No-Man » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:16 am

lmao 4 people talking about Juzang as a lotto guy, dying
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#1734 » by reamily » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:45 am

Johnny Juice might be the elite teams or taniing teams price catch in late firsts..
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#1735 » by reamily » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:47 am

You like cade, suggs and mobley but them above jalen? Come on..can accept them.as same tier
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1736 » by Dat2U » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:50 am

Juzang reminds me of Jeremy Lamb.
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,779

Post#1737 » by Scoonie » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:46 pm

Dat2U wrote:Juzang reminds me of Jeremy Lamb.

Much better shooter.
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1738 » by No-Man » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:47 pm

Juzang had a 6'9 ws 2-3 years ago, doubt it is 7-1 now, maybe 6'10

Juzang plays similarly to Fournier, he is a rhythm shooter that needs the ball, but Fournier is just another level of a shot maker and a better athlete

I think he is fine as a mid 2nd pick, he is probably going to go late 1st/early 2nd I'd imagine though
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#1739 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:48 pm

Yo question for the masses: what separates Suggs from a guy like Jaden Springer?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1740 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:09 pm

Fischella wrote:Juzang had a 6'9 ws 2-3 years ago, doubt it is 7-1 now, maybe 6'10

Juzang plays similarly to Fournier, he is a rhythm shooter that needs the ball, but Fournier is just another level of a shot maker and a better athlete

I think he is fine as a mid 2nd pick, he is probably going to go late 1st/early 2nd I'd imagine though

Just stop you're already so late on this kid there is no point in dying on that pile of garbage you standing on
He was a first round lock before the dance and any amount of bs you throw out there isn't going to change his potential
at the next level if he is drafted where he should be drafted in the lottery of this draft or falls to where you hope he will
only to make you eat crow later regardless.

Return to NBA Draft