Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,964

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#61 » by sidney lanier » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:16 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
Now imagine AK-47 as a small ball C.

Your mention of Kirilenko reminds me of a discussion years ago about who was likeliest to get the next quadruple double in the NBA. I thought it would be him but was wrong.

It's been 27 years since anybody got one, and four of the five were bigs (Hakeem twice, David and Alvin Robertson (no relation), and Nate Thurmond). Four of the five included blocks, with the troubled ex-Buck Alvin Robertson the only one to do it with steals.

Who's next? I think it's nearly impossible to do it with steals in the modern NBA, so probably a Gobert-type shot blocker. It would be nice to see Giannis add this to his resume.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#62 » by emunney » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:32 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
Now imagine AK-47 as a small ball C.

Your mention of Kirilenko reminds me of a discussion years ago about who was likeliest to get the next quadruple double in the NBA. I thought it would be him but was wrong.

It's been 27 years since anybody got one, and four of the five were bigs (Hakeem twice, David and Alvin Robertson (no relation), and Nate Thurmond). Four of the five included blocks, with the troubled ex-Buck Alvin Robertson the only one to do it with steals.

Who's next? I think it's nearly impossible to do it with steals in the modern NBA, so probably a Gobert-type shot blocker. It would be nice to see Giannis add this to his resume.

Giannis is a good bet. Bam would probably be a popular choice, and worthy of it. I'd probably look at a guy like Robert Williams, whose passing skill will become more apparent over time. Gobert had 8 assists in a game once, so I guess it's fathomable with enough hand-offs and offensive rebounds.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#63 » by emunney » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:34 pm

If TJ McConnell ever gets big consistent minutes, I think he'd be as likely as anybody.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks