ImageImageImage

It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Re: It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread 

Post#1541 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:48 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:I have no interest in KAT unless he comes at a discount. He's clueless on defense. Now if I could trade Kemba, a prospect and a pick for D'Angelo Russell, I would jump on that.

Kemba would be a perfect fit in MN, since no one on that team plays defense anyway. That's why they are currently 12-38.

Dlo is worse than Kemba

I thought he had a good all-around year with the nets. He's also pass-first, or at least has that capability. I thought he was the best passer in college the year he was drafted.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#1542 » by BillessuR6 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:50 pm

I like Justin Jackson. Much better player then our end of the roster guys like Edwards...
sportfan6197
Senior
And1: 321

Post#1543 » by sportfan6197 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:53 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:I have no interest in KAT unless he comes at a discount. He's clueless on defense. Now if I could trade Kemba, a prospect and a pick for D'Angelo Russell, I would jump on that.

Kemba would be a perfect fit in MN, since no one on that team plays defense anyway. That's why they are currently 12-38.

Dlo is worse than Kemba

I thought he had a good all-around year with the nets. He's also pass-first, or at least has that capability. I thought he was the best passer in college the year he was drafted.

You should really watch or at lesser research players once in a while before making clueless claims on them

Wiseman the other day, DLO today
sportfan6197
Senior

Post#1544 » by sportfan6197 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:59 pm

thebirdman wrote:I like Justin Jackson. Much better player then our end of the roster guys like Edwards...

In what sense ? He’s basically what Nesmith is now if he never develops, without the rebounding. He’s worse than Semi on both sides of the ball.

I can’t see anything he brings to this team.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,592

Post#1545 » by bisme37 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:03 pm

sportfan6197 wrote:
thebirdman wrote:I like Justin Jackson. Much better player then our end of the roster guys like Edwards...

In what sense ? He’s basically what Nesmith is now if he never develops, without the rebounding. He’s worse than Semi on both sides of the ball.

When I brought him up I was thinking I liked his size and ability to play both forward spots. And he's a smart player I think, knows how to play. He's not great at anything but pretty good at a number of things. Just wondered if he would add some competence to our bench. But it's not a huge deal either way obviously.
sportfan6197
Senior

Post#1546 » by sportfan6197 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:11 pm

bisme37 wrote:
sportfan6197 wrote:

When I brought him up I was thinking I liked his size and ability to play both forward spots. And he's a smart player I think, knows how to play. He's not great at anything but pretty good at a number of things. Just wondered if he would add some competence to our bench. But it's not a huge deal either way obviously.

He was supposed to be w 3 and D guy but he isn’t really either. His shooting has been bad all 4 years on all 3 teams. He’s not a scorer at all either outside of a nice floater, I wouldn’t say he’s even above average at anything outside of that.

He has size, but not strong or fast enough to actually defend the Butler, Middleton/GIANNIS, Harden/KD types.

And he’s 26 so there’s no upside in his development
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#1547 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:54 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Anyone have thoughts on if this kid might be a decent depth signing? 6'8" forward who's been good for about 7 points off the bench over his 4 year career.

Celts would have to waive somebody to make room.

With Langford back, I don't think the Celts are going to sign anybody at this point in time.

Still wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics waived Mo Wagner and signed a young player to a 3 year vet min deal. Again Ainge is going to wait until all players are waived before April 9th. If I was Mo Wagner I wouldn't be confident I am going to finish the season in Boston.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#1548 » by NuckyPowell » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:31 pm

I would waive Edwards before I waived Wagner. I’d rather have Justin Jackson for vet min at the end of the bench instead of Edwards, any day.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1549 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:46 pm

I doubt the Celtics are going to waive any of the 12-15th men on the roster so they can replace them with more 12th-15th roster-spot-quality players. Edwards has a guaranteed contract for next year for less than the vet minimum and a team option after that for also less than the vet minimum. You can do a lot worse than that as the last guy on the roster.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,950

Post#1550 » by CelticsPride18 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:52 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:I doubt the Celtics are going to waive any of the 12-15th men on the roster so they can replace them with more 12th-15th roster-spot-quality players. Edwards has a guaranteed contract for next year for less than the vet minimum and a team option after that for also less than the vet minimum. You can do a lot worse than that as the last guy on the roster.

The issue this season was having Tacko and Waters on 2 ways deals. Should have signed 2 interesting wings.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#1551 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:57 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:I would waive Edwards before I waived Wagner. I’d rather have Justin Jackson for vet min at the end of the bench instead of Edwards, any day.

Edwards has guaranteed money for next year. Wagner does not.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1552 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:35 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:I doubt the Celtics are going to waive any of the 12-15th men on the roster so they can replace them with more 12th-15th roster-spot-quality players. Edwards has a guaranteed contract for next year for less than the vet minimum and a team option after that for also less than the vet minimum. You can do a lot worse than that as the last guy on the roster.

no..no you can't.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#1553 » by NuckyPowell » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:40 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:I would waive Edwards before I waived Wagner. I’d rather have Justin Jackson for vet min at the end of the bench instead of Edwards, any day.

Edwards has guaranteed money for next year. Wagner does not.

Oh, I thought Edwards expired this year. Oof, Ainge, three years for Edwards. :nonono:

Call me crazy, but I am still a little interested in Wagner. In other words, I can see a bit of upside there, in terms of size, decent athleticism, and an okay outside shot, and certainly playing with effort. He just needs to calm down a bit. Reminds me of a young dog who has been alone in the house all day that goes nuts with excitement when you walk in the door.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,877

Post#1554 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:44 pm

Wish we could do a Kemba/Jaylen for Fox/Hield swap. Then re-route Hield to a third team. Sign Fournier, Smart, and Timelord to their extensions. Trade TT for Nance. Add a couple of vets.

Fox | Smart | Fournier | Tatum | Timelord
PP | Nesmith | Langford | Grant | Nance
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1555 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:52 pm

If we're really wishing for things, wish we could just swap Nesmith for Haliburton.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#1556 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:53 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Wish we could do a Kemba/Jaylen for Fox/Hield swap. Then re-route Hield to a third team. Sign Fournier, Smart, and Timelord to their extensions. Trade TT for Nance. Add a couple of vets.

Fox | Smart | Fournier | Tatum | Timelord
PP | Nesmith | Langford | Grant | Nance

That's not a bad plan, but I don't think Fox is going anywhere. Also, the team is still too small.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1557 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter

FYI, Celtics will be at $89M for their top 3 guys -- Kemba, Tatum, Brown. Prob is Kemba might not be a top 3 player on this team.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#1558 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:47 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

Dlo is worse than Kemba

No, he's none of those things. He's a chucker and a bad one thats been injured all the time. Absolutely no place for him here
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1559 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:48 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

no..no you can't.

Oh ok, he's literally the worst player in the entire NBA currently.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#1560 » by GoGreen » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:22 pm

I feel like the Cs #1 priority this off season will bw to unload Kemba. His contract is a massive problem

Return to Boston Celtics