Bench "Kelly Mother****ing Oubre"

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Bench "Kelly Mother****ing Oubre" 

Post#1 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:42 pm

Per Andrew Bogut, this came from a Warriors player:

"Andre Iguodala, a Finals MVP was okay coming off the bench, but we have Kelly Mother****ing Oubre who won't"

Read on Twitter

Some fun Kelly Oubre facts:

- Curry without Oubre +17.1
- Curry with Oubre -2.0
- Oubre without Curry -13.8
- Without Curry and without Oubre -6.1

Excluding Oubre's minutes, the Warriors have a slightly better net rating than the Utah Jazz. Oubre makes every lineup worse. Even Devin Booker was +6.1 without him last year.

Kelly Oubre's RPM rankings:

- 20/21 359th
- 19/20 449th
- 18/19 432nd
- 17/18 499th
- 16/17 417th
- 15/16 467th

The experiment is over. You couldn't even trade him. Bench the loser.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Re: Bench "Kelly Mother****ing Oubre" 

Post#2 » by WarriorGM » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:50 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Per Andrew Bogut, this came from a Warriors player:

"Andre Iguodala, a Finals MVP was okay coming off the bench, but we have Kelly Mother****ing Oubre who won't"

Read on Twitter

- Curry with Oubre -2.0

Excluding Oubre's minutes, the Warriors have a slightly better net rating than the Utah Jazz. Oubre makes every lineup worse. Even Devin Booker was +6.1 without him last year.

- 20/21 359th
- 19/20 449th
- 18/19 432nd
- 17/18 499th
- 16/17 417th
- 15/16 467th

Arguments like the one you have made have led me to believe that Oubre should have been moved. Still after looking at lineup data it isn't immediately obvious to me that he is the problem.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced/?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612744

My immediate impression is Wiseman is making all his lineups worse and that having Wiseman and Oubre together in particular is toxic aside from one involving Curry Green and Bazemore. Oubre also doesn't seem to work well with Damion Lee. But I leave the above link for you to draw your own impressions.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#3 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:16 pm

Read on Twitter

- Curry with Oubre -2.0

- 20/21 359th
- 19/20 449th
- 18/19 432nd
- 17/18 499th
- 16/17 417th
- 15/16 467th

I WONDER WHICH WARRIOR IT WAS

I cant believe the guy who flexes after every average play, who can't function in a complex defense, and has some of the lowest BBIQ I've seen since Pietrus, would ever be in it for himself. So weird.

Not trading that himbo for Dinwiddie was a mistake
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:19 pm

WarriorGM wrote:

Read on Twitter

- Curry with Oubre -2.0

- 20/21 359th
- 19/20 449th
- 18/19 432nd
- 17/18 499th
- 16/17 417th
- 15/16 467th

Arguments like the one you have made have led me to believe that Oubre should have been moved. Still after looking at lineup data it isn't immediately obvious to me that he is the problem.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced/?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612744

My immediate impression is Wiseman is making all his lineups worse and that having Wiseman and Oubre together in particular is toxic aside from one involving Curry Green and Bazemore. Oubre also doesn't seem to work well with Damion Lee. But I leave the above link for you to draw your own impressions.

Whenever a Warrior fan wants to drag a Warrior, all you have to do is add Wiseman.

_____ + Wiseman is one of the worst combos in the league

Yeah, I bet. Because Wiseman is a huge drain and I think that we've beaten the horse long enough to stop blaming individual Warriors for their pairing with Wiseman
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#5 » by superunknown » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:48 pm

Read on Twitter

- Curry with Oubre -2.0

- 20/21 359th
- 19/20 449th
- 18/19 432nd
- 17/18 499th
- 16/17 417th
- 15/16 467th

for **** sake. put the **** in a bag and dump him in the first available pit.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#6 » by and1GS » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:10 pm

Kelly's on IG saying this is all cap. So take that for what you will.

Either way you trust a player or a former player. I don't think either is that reputable, but pick your sides and ready your pitchforks as you so desire.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,911

Post#7 » by DonaldSanders » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:17 pm

Earlier in the year, sure. Now he's the Tank Commander.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:56 pm

and1GS wrote:Kelly's on IG saying this is all cap. So take that for what you will.

Either way you trust a player or a former player. I don't think either is that reputable, but pick your sides and ready your pitchforks as you so desire.

I'd trust Bogut as the more bluntly honest type if I had to choose, but I really doubt this would swing anyone from one side or another. If you aren't a fan of Oubre, this is just more confirmation. If you are a fan of Oubre, I think you're already in too deep to pivot at this point
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#9 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:43 am

I generally don't care much about the guys personalities. It takes all kinds. Sports have never realy identified predictable facotrs for "winning" character. And a locker room is going to have dustnups and pieces that don't fit perfectly, but Oubre seemed almost cartoonish is his self absorbsion and flat out vapid in the one extended interview I heard. A lot about being a fashion icon and his "talent" but not much at all about wInning. He's the sports version of a bimbo. Everything about him is pretense , artifice and front. He's the Major League II version of Willie Mays Hayes. The most genuine thing about him was his shooting slump.

It I had to predict a guy who would dog it after getting paid, this is the guy to avoid.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#10 » by tarantism » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:26 am

Nor trading this idiot was a huge mistake.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#11 » by SpreeS » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:48 am

Its not only Oubre. Look at Wiseman and Wanamaker. Wiggins is too passive. Green cant score. For me its all about Kerr and his system. He can’t adapt to players and his rotation is terrible.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#12 » by xdrta+ » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:35 am

SpreeS wrote:Its not only Oubre. Look at Wiseman and Wanamaker. Wiggins is too passive. Green cant score. For me its all about Kerr and his system. He can’t adapt to players and his rotation is terrible.

His rotation is terrible because he has to rotate to crappy players. You can't adapt anything to the (lack of) talent that comes off the Warrior bench.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#13 » by SpreeS » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:56 am

xdrta+ wrote:
SpreeS wrote:Its not only Oubre. Look at Wiseman and Wanamaker. Wiggins is too passive. Green cant score. For me its all about Kerr and his system. He can’t adapt to players and his rotation is terrible.

His rotation is terrible because he has to rotate to crappy players. You can't adapt anything to the (lack of) talent that comes off the Warrior bench.

Whats the point to keep Curry/Green/Wiggins together and leave Ourbe with young bench? Whats the point to keep two best scorers and playmakers together and next unit leave w/o nothing?

It must be duos Curry/Oubre and Green/Wiggins and Kerr didnt try it per whole season.

Why Kerr didnt keep Curry/Wanamaker together then Wanamaker had TS 83.3 and 135 ORTG in 85 with Curry? He was ok as spot up shooter but terrible as main ball handler.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#14 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:34 am

I hate Oubre, but at this point, let's just play him the most and get the pick. Then let him walk.

If the Pelicans really offered Lonzo for him, than that's infuriating, but I doubt it was true, Lonzo's value is much higher than Oubre's expiring.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: Bench 

Post#15 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:36 am

tarantism wrote:Nor trading this idiot was a huge mistake.

According to that podcast, it was myers that turned down oubre for ball. Ouch.

Myers must really love oubre.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:46 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:I generally don't care much about the guys personalities. It takes all kinds. Sports have never realy identified predictable facotrs for "winning" character. And a locker room is going to have dustnups and pieces that don't fit perfectly, but Oubre seemed almost cartoonish is his self absorbsion and flat out vapid in the one extended interview I heard. A lot about being a fashion icon and his "talent" but not much at all about wInning. He's the sports version of a bimbo. Everything about him is pretense , artifice and front. He's the Major League II version of Willie Mays Hayes. The most genuine thing about him was his shooting slump.

It I had to predict a guy who would dog it after getting paid, this is the guy to avoid.

We’re you the one giving me crap for calling him a prima Donna at the beginning of the year? Or was it someone else?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:48 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
tarantism wrote:Nor trading this idiot was a huge mistake.

According to that podcast, it was myers that turned down oubre for ball. Ouch.

Myers must really love oubre.

Seriously you guys.....reportedly the Pelicans wanted the Minny pick. So yeah I’d say no as well. It wasn’t straight up Ball for Oubre. And it certainly wasn’t Ball and a pick for Oubre......I mean use your brains people.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#18 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:18 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:I generally don't care much about the guys personalities. It takes all kinds. Sports have never realy identified predictable facotrs for "winning" character. And a locker room is going to have dustnups and pieces that don't fit perfectly, but Oubre seemed almost cartoonish is his self absorbsion and flat out vapid in the one extended interview I heard. A lot about being a fashion icon and his "talent" but not much at all about wInning. He's the sports version of a bimbo. Everything about him is pretense , artifice and front. He's the Major League II version of Willie Mays Hayes. The most genuine thing about him was his shooting slump.

We’re you the one giving me crap for calling him a prima Donna at the beginning of the year? Or was it someone else?

I think I pushed back on you blaming on his social media stuff, not the core idea that he might indeed be a prima donna. Only because there are lots of not-prima donna's (or at least, un distracted and productive ones) all over social media. I don't judge that stuff anymore. It's part of their world and it's as real to them as jaw jacking at the bar was to me my 20's.

I was pretty high on him as an off season signing. In the pre-season vs. Wiggins thread, I said that I though Oubre's competitive nature would result in him being the better player for us. I got fooled by the hard fouls and near fights he had in Washington. I had assumed that he was just playing harder than other dudes and those dudes were hating.

I started to sour on him pretty quickly. All his flexing and first downs and kiss blowing is attention-getting behavior, not passion. Turned out his fire was as fake as his the highlight in his jherri curl (and yes kids, you are out there sporting jherri curls with a fade under it.) I saw the act for what it was pretty quickly as he never actually did anything "tough" he just preened a lot. All that noise went away real fast when he was shooting 20% and withering on the trade block. That's how you know it was a put-on. Guys who get quiet when they are in the struggle aren't really about whatever life they are claiming.

Anyway. He seems to be a chump. And this sounds like credible chump behavior from a non chump source.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,701

Post#19 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:21 pm

It’s just Jr. showing his confidence, you guys read too much into it...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
S-Gorilla86
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#20 » by S-Gorilla86 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:51 pm

I was baffled Oubre was still on the team after the deadline (I would have absolutely done the Dinwiddie trade) but I wonder if they figured they could get a decent trade exception when he signs somewhere else in the offseason. If I'm not mistaken, a S&T wouldn't hard cap the Warriors if the other team has enough cap space to sign him outright and doesn't send back any salary. Warriors could give cash or a 2nd, similar to the Gordon Hayward S&T between the Celtics and Hornets.

It's basically kicking the can down the road, but at least it potentially keeps the salary slot. I'll be pissed if he walks for nothing though.

Return to Golden State Warriors