ImageImageImageImageImage

OT : DMX OD’s - in critical condition

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,964

Re: OT : DMX OD’s - in critical condition 

Post#41 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:26 am

Westside Gunn wrote:vegetative state. my god...

this is another one of those **** im getting old moments. people you looked up to, favourite athletes, artists, uncles, aunts are all passing away. didn't know dmx, but me and my friends spent hours and hours listening to his music, watching his movies, analyzing the lyrics and continued listening to his music as soon as he became irrelevant post 2010.

ive seen too much health related suffering in the last year which has basically motivated me to push myself to eat healthy and stay active as much as possible. i did go on a takeout food binge on the long weekend but will correct it all this week.

Glad to hear it. I went off junk food (cookies and chips) for a few months, and was getting my blood checked regularly. Then I binged for a few days, had my bloodwork done a few weeks later, and there were poor results (hs-CRP - i.e. cardiovascular inflammation). Went cold turkey for another six months and my numbers came back to normal, or even better than before. So I've given up cookies and chips for good. Never again. I pass by those aisles in the supermarket without even a hint of temptation. Once you see how sugar and deep fried (w/ seed oil) carbs tangibly hurt your body, why would you eat them?

But resistance training and cardio (HIIT) are equally, if not more, important than diet. I can't wait until the gyms are reopened.

Actually, the two most important ingredients to health and longevity are 7-8 hours of sleep per night, plus some sun exposure during the day (Vit. D).
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,043

Post#42 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:50 am

^ im no doctor but that count couldve been high if you had an intense workout before your blood work.

and yeah i will def have to cut it on the fried foods and that osmows sauce. **** is deadly.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#43 » by Metallikid » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:54 am

will wrote:
Brinbe wrote:earl is a legend. 98/99, you just had to be there. he had the game on lock and ended diddy's run on top practically overnight.

dark man x would eat up these little puppers running around now :lol:

addiction is a hell of a thing to go through, i hope he pulls through.

What a time.

Ruff Ryderz, Cash Money Records, No Limit Records, Bad Boy...

Earl, man...vegetative state now.

DMX one of the last, true gangster rappers. "It's Dark and Hell is Hot" is a classic. "Damien" used to be my ****.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 20,996

Post#44 » by Chandan » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:34 am

Everyone please enjoy ur substance responsibly.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,847

Post#45 » by rocky_da_best » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:13 pm

Nowadays rappers all sound the same. Darkman X carved out his own lane and sounded like no one else in the 90s/early 2000s. He did his own thing and didn't give af. Won't proclaim to be his biggest fan but I loved a lot of his tracks and his energy. Judging from his tribulations and interviews I've seen with him, he also seemed like a real dude. I don't think he cared about the fame or the money. He was just in it for the rapping. He always seemed to be wiser than the circumstances he'd wind up in or the people he surrounded himself with too. Really sad cause I've been casually keeping an eye out on what he was up to over the years hoping he would overcome his addictions. I thought he was doing better. Even though he was a shadow of himself I tuned into the verzuz he and Snoop had last year and was just enjoying the hell out of him performing. Huge loss for the rap community if he's in a vegetative state. This may just be his time...

Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,980

Post#46 » by Mack11 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:25 pm

When you hear dmx in interviews you can tell his brain is racing at a 1000 miles per hour at all times and he used to release all that in his music. I watched an interview recently coincidently that stated that for manic people like that, crack has a reverse effect on those type of ppl where in the end it calms them down and helps them focus. I think it was hard for him to find an outlet like music to pour all that energy into after his career slowed down and he resorted to this. Sad this guy has been fighting demons all his life if you listen to his damien 1-3 songs. Hope he pulls through
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#47 » by will » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:32 pm

The 'WHAT' is so classic X, man.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#48 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:21 pm

One of the few gangsta rappers that crossed-over to mainstream. Plus he was 100% real not manufactured like some others.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#49 » by RaptorReloaded » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:53 pm

DMX got me through a lot of tough times.

A few of my favourite tracks growing up were It's dark and Hell is Hot Intro. The song Mike Tyson Used as his intro song

Right/Wrong which I found on an old VC mix I used to always watch

Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,929

Post#50 » by Ado05 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:55 pm

Sad to see. Definition of a legend.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Post#51 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:01 pm

Like a lot of great rappers back in the day, I always wished DMX had better beats. Swizzy had some good stuff but he was stretched too thin making beats for all the ruff ryders he didn’t have enough bangers to go around.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,526

Post#52 » by mdenny » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:26 pm

Mack11 wrote:When you hear dmx in interviews you can tell his brain is racing at a 1000 miles per hour at all times and he used to release all that in his music. I watched an interview recently coincidently that stated that for manic people like that, crack has a reverse effect on those type of ppl where in the end it calms them down and helps them focus. I think it was hard for him to find an outlet like music to pour all that energy into after his career slowed down and he resorted to this. Sad this guy has been fighting demons all his life if you listen to his damien 1-3 songs. Hope he pulls through

Yep. It's the same reason we prescribe stimulants such as adderall and dexedrine for ppl with ADHD. For most ppl...those substances make one act hyper and rweak out. Ppl with ADHD need to find ways to stimulate themselves to regulate dopamine and serotonin deficits. The meds we prescribe do that for them so that their mind stops racing.

Bottomline...if crack relaxes you it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about taking ritalin or adderall or dexedrine.
pegcity
Junior
And1: 145

Post#53 » by pegcity » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:30 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Like a lot of great rappers back in the day, I always wished DMX had better beats. Swizzy had some good stuff but he was stretched too thin making beats for all the ruff ryders he didn’t have enough bangers to go around.

And the worst part is Swiss gave away one of his best beats to Jay on Jigga my N****
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#54 » by Coach Smiley » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:59 am

Damn I just read about him knocking Toronto on drink champs, i think the story is he got robbed in Regent Park trying to buy drugs during his hey day, he's been a known addict for some time so OD isn't a huge surprise. Incredible career though.
fourones1x
Head Coach
And1: 10,544

Post#55 » by fourones1x » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:37 am

mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,526

Post#56 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:11 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Like a lot of great rappers back in the day, I always wished DMX had better beats. Swizzy had some good stuff but he was stretched too thin making beats for all the ruff ryders he didn’t have enough bangers to go around.

That whole era never worked for me because hiphop went away from it's soul and funk roots.

I was always into hiphop that took inspiration from the 70s soul/jazz/funk music. Beatnuts. Tribe. Gangstarr.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#57 » by johanliebert » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:15 pm

Swizz was awful he was at the right place and knew the right people...he is the nephew of the guys who managed the ruff ryders. 90% of Dmx first album was done by 2 in house guys and they had to teach Swizz how to produce when he arrived.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#58 » by Metallikid » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:22 pm

mdenny wrote:

That whole era never worked for me because hiphop went away from it's soul and funk roots.

I was always into hiphop that took inspiration from the 70s soul/jazz/funk music. Beatnuts. Tribe. Gangstarr.

Like this absolute legendary cut right here. Same era though.

Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#59 » by Reeko » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:29 pm

Coach Smiley wrote:Damn I just read about him knocking Toronto on drink champs, i think the story is he got robbed in Regent Park trying to buy drugs during his hey day, he's been a known addict for some time so OD isn't a huge surprise. Incredible career though.

Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#60 » by LastNameEver » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:45 pm

It seems The Dog has been brain dead for days now but nobody wants to call it..

Return to Toronto Raptors