ImageImageImage

Game 50 : Memphis Grizzlies (23-23) @ Philadelphia 76ers (34-15) l Sunday l 7pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Re: Game 50 : Memphis Grizzlies (23-23) @ Philadelphia 76ers (34-15) l Sunday l 7pm 

Post#121 » by Mik317 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:55 pm

The issue is that our shooters aren't irrational chuckers lol.

so they only take great shots not only good or outright bad shots.

Which is "fine" when Embiid is there as a focal point or if Ben is in attack mode (and successful at it) because its an outlet and generally they will get good shots from that.
Without that...it just does not work. I mean the offense last night was at its best with Tucker throwing himself at the rim lol.

No Bueno
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 825

Re: Game 50 : Memphis Grizzlies (23-23) @ Philadelphia 76ers (34-15) l Sunday l 7pm 

Post#122 » by Ferry Avenue » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:08 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:Well that was painful
First game I've lost interest by the 3rd qtr and switched off.

How can an NBA player just refuse to shoot at all.
Ben's layup percentage is probably lower than his 3pt shot. Not even joking. Sad.

My private thoughts/beliefs tells me that Ben is going to have a pretty bad mid/end to his career.
Only way I can see him having an important impact is if he doubles down on defense Rodman/Pippen 2.0 but he lacks self motivation/don’t even get started on his mental makeup. Something is definitely NQR which I worry long term basketball aside.

Griffin added a lot to his game, injuries took its toll. Ben plays an even more taxing game style.
Draymond Green ran offense looked horrible. Also having worse range than even Andre Drummond/Shaq anyway this is revisionist now. Summer League was his actual peak/potential.

No harm no foul wish Ben the best as a person but it’s time to move on end of year.

Yep, he's done.

When the whole team steps it up in response to the new coach and he remains "as-is," it's time to go. Let some other team try to squeeze blood out of a turnip while he destroys their salary cap.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#123 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:49 pm

Mik317 wrote:The issue is that our shooters aren't irrational chuckers lol.

so they only take great shots not only good or outright bad shots.

Which is "fine" when Embiid is there as a focal point or if Ben is in attack mode (and successful at it) because its an outlet and generally they will get good shots from that.
Without that...it just does not work. I mean the offense last night was at its best with Tucker throwing himself at the rim lol.

No Bueno

Been saying this.

If you don’t have Embiid. Which you can just dump the ball and let his do his thing when your initial actions on your set fails, you dont have guys like Roco or Saric who’d chuck up 40 footers on high shooting release. Curry and Green aren’t those.

And if you are playing with Ben, who IMO generate only little gravity on halfcourt offense, you need those guys.

This explains why there was rumors of Morey eyeing Hield and Lavine back then. Just think about it, both Hield and Lavine are guys who can just rise up and chuck those 3s.

Your only hope is Tobi developing into a very good 1v1 player, which he shows some signs but he’s not near to being THAT good.

I believe its during one of those oncourt interviews but Doc talks about this. About how Ben is not like CP3 who you can just let him generate 4v5 and get shooters/scorers open looks on halfcourt. This also explains why we talk about going after CP3 or Lowry, despite having a “top 10” PG in Ben.

If you dont take into consideration Embiid (not on the floor or having an off night) You need guys who can chuck up high volume of 3s with high difficulty (high shooting release).
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,157

Post#124 » by M2J » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:05 pm

Kolkmania wrote:Grizzlies are a really solid team, basically good players from 1-15. They're a little light on shot creation, but hot shooting from behind the arch will offset that limitation.

Typical back-to-back game, rebounds we didn't pursue, not enough deflections for transition opportunities, missed FT's. Curious to see when Hill will enter the rotation, the Curry handoffs are quite pointless.

Agreed.

I liked the idea of playing Joel Saturday to get the sure win. I think they were going to lose this one regardless. A back to back after a long road trip. It's hard to win back to backs (2nd game) after a win especially vs a team that you don't get up for.

Plus Joel gets more rest
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,773

Post#125 » by Skates » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:42 pm

I was at last night's game, so you can blame me since I was at the awful Nets game in the playoffs and a terrible Cavs game last year before the season shut down and moved to the bubble, plus some epic comeback games too, it's feast or famine when I go, lol.

I'm glad Jojo played Saturday, Valencunias is a heavy load to test that knee out against for the first time back. He is really strong and knows how to use his leverage. KAT is a challenge of another sort, but not the half the physical beast he thinks he is. It was the right move, even if I got the stinker game to attend.

I didn't realize Maxey was out till much later in the game and really missed having another ballhandler in with Shake. I think Shake to the starting lineup with Hill and Curry leading off the bench would make them a better team and get Curry some easier shots, while allowing Shake to be a first team creator and finisher. Even if they don't make that change, pairing him with Hill will still benefit him greatly.

The late comeback was cool, Reed is a the real deal, still very raw, but with a year and summer under their belt, Maxey, Joe and BBall Paul are going to be very affordable contributors getting regular minutes next year, unless we see a big trade before then. Mason Jones looked like a nice developmental prospect, he battles and has some skills, the kind of guy you develop like you did Shake to overcome his lack of physical gifts with skill and cleverness and will.

Tucker is a classic G-League guy, nothing more unless he miraculously develops a deep ball. He can't score on drives even against the scrubs, and the new Iggy was really hard on the eyes. I would be totally down with grabbing Austin Rivers to replace Iggy this year if he still hasn't signed anywhere. This team cannot get enough ballhandlers who can create and shoot a little, especially in a year where you can lose guys to more than just injuries as Covid protocol stuff is completely unpredictable.

Memphis shot the lights out, Ben needs to go watch tape from his Utah game and you knew they had no legs when Seth Curry misses a pair of FT's.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#126 » by TTP » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:37 pm

76ciology wrote:dont have guys like Roco or Saric who’d chuck up 40 footers on high shooting release. Curry and Green aren’t those.

Green is a better and more willing shooter than Saric ever was. It's not particularly close either. Green's shooting both more 3s per 100 and at a higher percentage than Covington did in 17-18 as well. Watching the games, he's taking quick contested 3s pretty frequently.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#127 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:20 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:dont have guys like Roco or Saric who’d chuck up 40 footers on high shooting release. Curry and Green aren’t those.

Green is a better and more willing shooter than Saric ever was. It's not particularly close either. Green's shooting both more 3s per 100 and at a higher percentage than Covington did in 17-18 as well. Watching the games, he's taking quick contested 3s pretty frequently.

True.

Green also always takes those 3s even if its clutch.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers