ImageImageImage

Too Convenient....

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Too Convenient.... 

Post#1 » by Norseman79 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:48 pm

Everyone has said we need to see this entire team together before we can make a judgment on Rosas and the roster. Essentially, the heat is on and this better work. It's a little convenient that as soon as we get one of the quote unquote core players back another one goes down. If I'm being honest, I would not doubt in the least that this is Rosas figuring out a way to buy time to protect his job. Is this a stretch, absolutely. but, if we go into the off season being told that we just need to wait until everyone's healthy and can play together before we make any judgments it's a pretty easy cop out.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Re: Too Convenient.... 

Post#2 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:55 pm

An MRI revealed a grade 3 hamstring injury. If you look it up, grade 3 is the most severe. It takes months to heal and often requires surgery. The idea that he is out only four to six weeks is laughable.

Unless he faked the MRI and Dlo had a surgery that was simply unnecessary, and KAT faked having Covid or dislocating his wrist, or Nowell faked getting rolled up, or ect... I don’t know what the fu** your talking about. Rosas doesn’t have that much power over these guys to make them get hurt. If your implying the injuries are fake, I think it is far more likely you are a conspiracy theorist than an NBA fan.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#3 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:00 pm

Whatever at least we finally get to see KAT and Edwards play with DLo long overdue.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by Norseman79 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:16 pm

winforlose wrote:An MRI revealed a grade 3 hamstring injury. If you look it up, grade 3 is the most severe. It takes months to heal and often requires surgery. The idea that he is out only four to six weeks is laughable.

Unless he faked the MRI and Dlo had a surgery that was simply unnecessary, and KAT faked having Covid or dislocating his wrist, or Nowell faked getting rolled up, or ect... I don’t know what the fu** your talking about. Rosas doesn’t have that much power over these guys to make them get hurt. If your implying the injuries are fake, I think it is far more likely you are a conspiracy theorist than an NBA fan.

No, I am a Wolves fan. And I came right out and said it was a stretch. But it's real convenient isn't it? I'm not doubting Kat injury, that was early enough in the year. I believe DLo surgery was one that could wait, but elected not too. All I know is that there is no excuse for this mess to not be fixed one way or the other this summer. Of course, blind a** homers see what they want...right bud?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#5 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:33 pm

Norseman79 wrote:
winforlose wrote:An MRI revealed a grade 3 hamstring injury. If you look it up, grade 3 is the most severe. It takes months to heal and often requires surgery. The idea that he is out only four to six weeks is laughable.

No, I am a Wolves fan. And I came right out and said it was a stretch. But it's real convenient isn't it? I'm not doubting Kat injury, that was early enough in the year. I believe DLo surgery was one that could wait, but elected not too. All I know is that there is no excuse for this mess to not be fixed one way or the other this summer. Of course, blind a** homers see what they want...right bud?

Think through your own statement. You would rather Dlo wait on the surgery in a dead season and play injured. If the injury was slowing him down and making him look worse than he is, what possible benefit do the wolves get from keeping him injured until the offseason. Better to get him healthy and use what’s left of the season to work on his game with KAT. As for Beasley, is the MRI fake or the entire injury, your conspiracy theory wasn’t clear. As for firing a GM before his team gets a chance to play together, GSW should definitely fire their GM right. It’s totally his fault that all his stars were hurt last year and that without Klay they are not a playoff team. Likewise the Nets GM should be fired for signing Durant when he was hurt. They paid a lot of money to barely make the playoffs last year. It’s totally his fault that Durant was hurt and it never pays to wait for players to be healthy before judging coaches, GMs, or POBOs, right?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#6 » by Jedzz » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:07 am

winforlose wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:

Think through your own statement. You would rather Dlo wait on the surgery in a dead season and play injured. If the injury was slowing him down and making him look worse than he is, what possible benefit do the wolves get from keeping him injured until the offseason.
Plenty of it was convenient.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#7 » by Dewey » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:07 am

Jedzz wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:

Think through your own statement. You would rather Dlo wait on the surgery in a dead season and play injured. If the injury was slowing him down and making him look worse than he is, what possible benefit do the wolves get from keeping him injured until the offseason.
Plenty of it was convenient.

True clown show
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#8 » by WolfAddict » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:32 am

Definitely a stretch as was noted in the OP.

Should I dust off the old tin foil hat?
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#9 » by shangrila » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:37 am

WolfAddict wrote:Definitely a stretch as was noted in the OP.

Just borrow one of Norseman's.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Norseman79 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:49 am

shangrila wrote:

I do have a few...I usually put them on when people start talking about..."just wait until we are healthy, you will see"...or, "Kat and DLo are good enough to get us to playoffs"...you know, the "glass has to be full or you aren't a fan" type.

I said it was a stretch, but what are the odds...ope..this one is coming back, let's sit this one down ..ope, now it's this one's turn...ope...only a couple weeks left, maybe we can try this one now...
shangrila
RealGM

Post#11 » by shangrila » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:25 am

Norseman79 wrote:
shangrila wrote:

I do have a few...I usually put them on when people start talking about..."just wait until we are healthy, you will see"...or, "Kat and DLo are good enough to get us to playoffs"...you know, the "glass has to be full or you aren't a fan" type.

I said it was a stretch, but what are the odds...ope..this one is coming back, let's sit this one down ..ope, now it's this one's turn...ope...only a couple weeks left, maybe we can try this one now...

What are the odds?

Immeasurably low.
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Post#12 » by SCTwins » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:36 am

Yikes.. I think my time here is over.

Wish you all the best.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#13 » by winforlose » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:39 am

shangrila wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
shangrila wrote:Just borrow one of Norseman's.

What are the odds?

Immeasurably low.

The flaw in this argument is the assumption that if the these guys played together we would still lose. I believe a healthy team that got 20 games together to build chemistry under Finch would be competitive next season. Especially if we add some size in the offseason. By not having those games with a fully healthy starting 5 we are actually hurting our chances for next season. Rosas true judgment will come next season. There is simply no benefit to Rosas for Beasley to be out. Moreover, you all are advocating that he faked an injury and that the wolves faked the imaging results from the MRI. To me that just seems silly.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#14 » by shangrila » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:32 am

winforlose wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:

What are the odds?

Immeasurably low.

The flaw in this argument is the assumption that if the these guys played together we would still lose. I believe a healthy team that got 20 games together to build chemistry under Finch would be competitive next season. Especially if we add some size in the offseason. By not having those games with a fully healthy starting 5 we are actually hurting our chances for next season. Rosas true judgment will come next season. There is simply no benefit to Rosas for Beasley to be out. Moreover, you all are advocating that he faked an injury and that the wolves faked the imaging results from the MRI. To me that just seems silly.

The flaw in the argument is that it's moronic
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#15 » by King Malta » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:48 am

Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#16 » by Rookie-Mistake » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:44 am

Norseman79 wrote:Everyone has said we need to see this entire team together before we can make a judgment on Rosas and the roster. Essentially, the heat is on and this better work. It's a little convenient that as soon as we get one of the quote unquote core players back another one goes down. If I'm being honest, I would not doubt in the least that this is Rosas figuring out a way to buy time to protect his job. Is this a stretch, absolutely. but, if we go into the off season being told that we just need to wait until everyone's healthy and can play together before we make any judgments it's a pretty easy cop out.

A very big call to insinuate Rosas is doctoring injuries to buy himself time to work it out..

A cop out would be Rosas not owning up to butchering the Culver trade. He needs to come out at the end of the season and put his hand up and say that he f****d it up.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,945

Post#17 » by Nick K » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:47 am

Thanks for the update even though it's terrible news. Grade 3 is bad. I popped mine years ago and it was grade 3 but not the worst grade 3. It took me almost 2 months to recover.

Some people love these Rosas conspiracy theories. They are just that. Rosas is doing the best job he can. I like what he has done overall. It's always easy to criticize.

The job Finch has done is nothing short of phenomenal. We are 180 degrees a different team from 2 months ago. Great, great, hire by Rosas. It took balls to go outside the organization. Thank god they did.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Norseman79 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:59 pm

Dang,some of you all get your knickers in a bind pretty easily. A post that was meant to essentially mock an unbelievable coincidence as possibly being the work of a mastermind sure has you riled up.

Do I think people faked injuries, not at all. Do I think people may have been sat out longer, or brought back slower than necessary....seems like it. I hadn't thought this out when initially posted because I didn't think people would lose their ever loving minds over an unlikely , but humorous scenario. Season is lost, team is in shambles,roster is unbalanced, key pieces may not fit together...am I looking for a conspiracy theory, no, I am trying to find something to laugh at...and Rosas covering his rear end does. It's all part of his master plan to go worst to first next year...but stay tuned, and if he is fired you will never know...good grief
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#19 » by Neeva » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:40 pm

Wolves don’t need Beasley to hurt his value anymore, he looked off since he came back from the suspension. I don’t expect Beasley to be on the team next season anyway. Rosas will trade him for front court help and draft Jalen Green to replace him.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#20 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:59 pm

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves