Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1081 » by Revived » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:23 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
No, I can't stand that team. Can't stand Kyrie or KD. I don't like Harden's playstyle either. There is very little to like about that team. KD became a joke when he joined the Warriors and then moreso joining twitter under new accounts and somehow Kyrie has become even more annoying.

Kyrie and Harden seem like extreme narcissists too. Then of course KD us ultra sensitive.

I think I'd prefer any other team come from the east, except maybe Boston...and I like their players more...their fans are just the most annoying....that and they've won 20 something rings anyway....and a ton over the last 20 years if you include all their pro teams.

+and1000000.

The job Blake pulled on the Pistons did not make it any better, quite the contrary. Then they add LMA, then I barf in my mouth a little. Although these are just adding insult to injury, my real problem is also with their 3 stars. I can't name a trio that I respected less in the history of the league - or at least since 93 when I started following.
Nacrissist, full of sht, egomaniac entitled little mitches, who think they are smart when in reality they are your run-of-the-mill dumb athlete. Yuck.

I love Nash and Dantoni but I as well wont root for the Nets. Their players are very unlikable from Durant to Harden to Kyrie to Griffin to Deande Jordan. Have no idea how nets kept Kyrie after getting Harden? Rockets got nobody special for an mvp player..reminds me when Lakers got Pau Gasol for a bag of peanuts. If it wasn't for the trade Suns dont face LA in 2010 playoffs and possibly advance to the finals.

If it’s between the Lakers and Nets in the finals, are y’all rooting for the Lakers?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#1082 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:46 pm

Revived wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
+and1000000.

The job Blake pulled on the Pistons did not make it any better, quite the contrary. Then they add LMA, then I barf in my mouth a little. Although these are just adding insult to injury, my real problem is also with their 3 stars. I can't name a trio that I respected less in the history of the league - or at least since 93 when I started following.
Nacrissist, full of sht, egomaniac entitled little mitches, who think they are smart when in reality they are your run-of-the-mill dumb athlete. Yuck.

I love Nash and Dantoni but I as well wont root for the Nets. Their players are very unlikable from Durant to Harden to Kyrie to Griffin to Deande Jordan. Have no idea how nets kept Kyrie after getting Harden? Rockets got nobody special for an mvp player..reminds me when Lakers got Pau Gasol for a bag of peanuts. If it wasn't for the trade Suns dont face LA in 2010 playoffs and possibly advance to the finals.

If it’s between the Lakers and Nets in the finals, are y’all rooting for the Lakers?

Neither...won't care...will just watch it unfold. The thing is, I don't really like LeBron but I respect him a lot more than any of those other guys. AD too. But of course I hate the Lakers.
Revived
RealGM

Post#1083 » by Revived » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Neither...won't care...will just watch it unfold. The thing is, I don't really like LeBron but I respect him a lot more than any of those other guys. AD too. But of course I hate the Lakers.

I don’t like any of the Nets stars either but I can’t stand the Lakers. I live in California in an area where they have a lot of bandwagon fans so it would be especially unbearable if they repeat.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,249

Post#1084 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:01 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:If it’s between the Lakers and Nets in the finals, are y’all rooting for the Lakers?

I don’t like any of the Nets stars either but I can’t stand the Lakers. I live in California in an area where they have a lot of bandwagon fans so it would be especially unbearable if they repeat.

If I lived in California I'd definitely be a Laker fan over a Suns one. You need to rethink your life.

Spoiler:
kidding
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#1085 » by Bogyo » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:09 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:If it’s between the Lakers and Nets in the finals, are y’all rooting for the Lakers?

Same. If you tell me wether I'd bite off my left pinky or right... I wouldn't care... It hurts either way, but it doesn't affect my life either way either, if that makes sense.
If the fLakers win, I'd still hate the franchise a tiny bit more, while I'd still respect Bron and AD (but not really like him).
If the Nets won, I'd still hate the players, but respect the Nets (front office) to be the franchise to bring a title to NY after that drought. I mean if we brought in all the buyout guys for "free" and got a championship for it, would anybody here complain????
I'd stfu for sure, and be drunk for a week (like promised earlier) for sure.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#1086 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:30 am

There seem to be a ton of blowouts these past few days. First, Raptors beat down Warriors by 53, then Suns beat Thunder by 37. Now today Knicks win by 44 and Jazz by 46. In just two days, four teams have managed to win by an average margin of 45 points.:o

Edit: just noticed blazers outscoring Thunder 30-8 in the 3rd and currently leading by 41 points.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1087 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:35 am

Haliburton with 11 assists and 0 turnovers tonight.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#1088 » by Saberestar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:Haliburton with 11 assists and 0 turnovers tonight.

Yeah, he is playing well, no doubt about it, but I am happy with Jalen Smith on the bench for our 34W-14L team. Other than LaMelo Ball I do not see any GREAT rookie out there.

Look, there were a lot of doubts about Cam Johnson before the Bubble. We were a losing team and he was playing sometimes well but he was having some physical problems and could not finish around the rim or defend too well. At that point he was a meh pick for me.

But he grow a lot from March to July. He was stronger and more confident in the bubble and since then he has been a very good two-way player.

That can happen to Jalen Smith too. He needs a bit more time to grow physically and mentally and he can get there in the summer.

I am pretty sure that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season. We have him under contract for three more seasons.

He will be important for us in the future, his skillset is good and he is a hard worker. We just need to give him more time.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#1089 » by Frank Lee » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:27 am

Wish I could find a gif with Homer Simpson, fishing from a slow moving boat.
What ? Me Worry ?
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#1090 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:33 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:There seem to be a ton of blowouts these past few days. First, Raptors beat down Warriors by 53, then Suns beat Thunder by 37. Now today Knicks win by 44 and Jazz by 46. In just two days, four teams have managed to win by an average margin of 45 points.:o

Edit: just noticed blazers outscoring Thunder 30-8 in the 3rd and currently leading by 41 points.

We may be the #2 seed, but we may be the biggest underdog in the Top 6. We all know the Jazz, Clips and Lakers would be favored playing against us. But the Blazers exchanged a woeful Gary Trent Jr. for a fiery Norman Powell and are getting McCollum and Nurk back. Denver took a huge leap forward upgrading Harris for Gordon. I hope we keep the #2 seed so we can avoid all of those squads for at least one round.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#1091 » by RunDogGun » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:37 pm

If the Lakers make the finals, its safe to say I would be rooting for whoever they play.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1092 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:36 pm

Crazy stat Obi Toppin has air balled more corner 3s than he's made this season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#1093 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:04 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Crazy stat Obi Toppin has air balled more corner 3s than he's made this season.

That's pretty crazy. Also, did you see Kuzma airball two free throws within a week?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#1094 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:36 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Crazy stat Obi Toppin has air balled more corner 3s than he's made this season.

That's pretty crazy. Also, did you see Kuzma airball two free throws within a week?

On one trip to the line?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#1095 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:42 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

On one trip to the line?

No, it was two separate games. In one game he airballed a technical free throw and in another he airballed a second free throw after making the first one.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#1096 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:59 pm

Ooof

I've airballed a few FT's in the rec league in my time and it always astounds me when I see airballed FT's in the NBA
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,763

Post#1097 » by darealjuice » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:01 am

Poeltl airballed 2 in a row last week
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1098 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:22 pm

This is weird...kind of like our "DA and Dario can't seem to play well at the same time"

The Andrew Wiggins–Kelly Oubre roller coaster continues. The Golden State Warriors are trying to figure out how to maximize Steph Curry and keep all of the lesser rotation guys propped up playing alongside him. But some of the biggest inconsistencies from the Warriors happen with the outside shooting of their wing duo Wiggins and Oubre. Here are their shooting swings for the season:

Oubre Games 1-21: 37.6 percent FG, 23.1 percent 3FG
Oubre Games 22-34: 50.0 percent FG, 44.4 percent 3FG
Oubre Games 35-47: 43.2 percent FG, 23.1 percent 3FG
Wiggins Games 1-20: 47.6 percent FG, 40.6 percent 3FG
Wiggins Games 21-35: 44.9 percent FG, 27.3 percent 3FG
Wiggins Games 36-49: 50.2 percent FG, 52.0 percent 3FG

These two can’t seem to get going at the same time for any extended stretch, and the Warriors badly need both of these guys to play well at the same time to help Steph and the team. Maybe next stretch of the season?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#1099 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:41 am

Yeah, Lakers sure will get play in game when they blowing out Raptors on road by 30 points without AD, Bron & Drummond. Give me a break they are much better than a play in games. Will finish 5th or 6th with all said and done.
Revived
RealGM

Post#1100 » by Revived » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:45 am

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Haliburton with 11 assists and 0 turnovers tonight.

Yeah, he is playing well, no doubt about it, but I am happy with Jalen Smith on the bench for our 34W-14L team. Other than LaMelo Ball I do not see any GREAT rookie out there.

Look, there were a lot of doubts about Cam Johnson before the Bubble. We were a losing team and he was playing sometimes well but he was having some physical problems and could not finish around the rim or defend too well. At that point he was a meh pick for me.

But he grow a lot from March to July. He was stronger and more confident in the bubble and since then he has been a very good two-way player.

That can happen to Jalen Smith too. He needs a bit more time to grow physically and mentally and he can get there in the summer.

I am pretty sure that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season. We have him under contract for three more seasons.

He will be important for us in the future, his skillset is good and he is a hard worker. We just need to give him more time.

He didn’t say anything about Jalen Smith lol. I think he was simply pointing out that Halliburton had a good game in the around the NBA thread.

Return to Phoenix Suns