Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,061

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1701 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:38 am

Why would Kawhi leave his home for a non contender when he’s already on one?
Bulls619sd
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#1702 » by Bulls619sd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:46 am

Season's not over with yet! Lavine and Vuch is a better fit than George and Morris in my opinion. There's a reason why Kawhi Leonard hasn't signed an extension
Bulls619sd
Sophomore

Post#1703 » by Bulls619sd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:51 am

You do what you can and see what happens, we need a Big Time star to be able to compete.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#1704 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:18 am

If we make the play in, have a good showing in the playoffs in the 1st rd kawhi could def put us on his short list. Especially if the clippers go up in flames again. Nuggets got the clippers number. They will beat them again in a series. Kawhi could def bolt. He also would choose us over new York and the other contenders don't have the money for him.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1705 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:11 am

Got their number? I don’t see it

They were up 3-1 and were basically looking forward to the Lakers while looking past the Nuggets

Highly doubt that Kawhi lets that happens again

Just my opinion though
Bulls619sd
Sophomore

Post#1706 » by Bulls619sd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:43 am

They're a top four or five team in the West, I'm hoping we can squeeze in the top six without Kawhi Leonard
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1707 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:59 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This sounds a lot more likely.
drosEshe
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#1708 » by drosEshe » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:16 pm

If no Lonzo, how about Sexton or Garland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1709 » by Andi Obst » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:23 pm

drosEshe wrote:If no Lonzo, how about Sexton or Garland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they be available? Even if they were, I wouldn’t be very interested in Sexton. He’s a very good scorer, but not the playmaker/defender I‘d want next to Zach and will be very expensive very soon. Garland would be more interesting to me, mainly due to his playmaking ability, but again, I don’t see why the Cavs would move him.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Bulls619sd
Sophomore

Post#1710 » by Bulls619sd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:15 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

They're definitely a threat, but what do you suggest not try at all. We've changed a lot of things to be a free agent destination we got to put in the effort and make it happen.Beal has a chance to go to Miami also and is probably a better fit. What does Kawhi Leonard do that Butler and Bam can't. We would have an All-Star on all three factions, post, mid-range, three-point shooting.
Bulls619sd
Sophomore

Post#1711 » by Bulls619sd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:55 pm

And if that don't work out you start looking into Bradley Beal, Giannis and still try to make Lorenzo Ball happen.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1712 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:22 am

Bulls619sd wrote:And if that don't work out you start looking into Bradley Beal, Giannis and still try to make Lorenzo Ball happen.

Lorenzo Ball, LaVar's Italian illegitimate 4th child. Plays soccer, can't strike for ****, but is a MEAN crosser!!!
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1713 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:27 am

Bulls619sd wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

They're definitely a threat, but what do you suggest not try at all. We've changed a lot of things to be a free agent destination we got to put in the effort and make it happen.Beal has a chance to go to Miami also and is probably a better fit. What does Kawhi Leonard do that Butler and Bam can't. We would have an All-Star on all three factions, post, mid-range, three-point shooting.

Jimmy is basically a poor mans Kawhi. It’s not about what they do similar, it’s about stacking talent in the NBA. That Miami team is easily top 3 in the league with the Lakers and Nets for the foreseeable future.

Besides, Playoff P has been coming up short in the postseason for a few yrs now, Jimmy absolutely does not. He has Jordan level drive and work ethic. He’s also much more clutch than Paul.

And no I’m saying don’t try. If you don’t atleast kick the tires, you aren’t doing your job.

Going from Cali to Miami is a lot different than Cali to Chicago though. Besides, Miami has already proven they can clear the East (sans the new nets).

We haven’t done anything yet.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,021

Post#1714 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:12 am

What would it take to acquire Brandon Clarke? I think he'd be a really nice fit at the PF spot and we can offer him a starting role long term. He's shown enough that he can develop a respectable 3 point shot and his style of play is someone we should be looking at to pair in the backcourt with Vuc for defensive purposes.
Bulls619sd
Sophomore

Post#1715 » by Bulls619sd » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:24 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Bulls619sd wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Jimmy is basically a poor mans Kawhi. It’s not about what they do similar, it’s about stacking talent in the NBA. That Miami team is easily top 3 in the league with the Lakers and Nets for the foreseeable future.

Besides, Playoff P has been coming up short in the postseason for a few yrs now, Jimmy absolutely does not. He has Jordan level drive and work ethic. He’s also much more clutch than Paul.

And no I’m saying don’t try. If you don’t atleast kick the tires, you aren’t doing your job.

Going from Cali to Miami is a lot different than Cali to Chicago though. Besides, Miami has already proven they can clear the East (sans the new nets).

We haven’t done anything yet.

If I was Miami I'd rather have Bradley Beal. You need players that do different things so they can play off each other, If they are doing the same thing they are basically taking turns. Of course if you can't find the right fit you just go for the biggest star. Our records not that far off with their loss tonight.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#1716 » by Butler4thewin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:32 am

the klaw on miami would make them the best defensive team in basketball in a while
NocioniHomie
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#1717 » by NocioniHomie » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:54 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:What would it take to acquire Brandon Clarke? I think he'd be a really nice fit at the PF spot and we can offer him a starting role long term. He's shown enough that he can develop a respectable 3 point shot and his style of play is someone we should be looking at to pair in the backcourt with Vuc for defensive purposes.

I was just wondering the same thing on drive home after watching the game. Think he could fit really nice. He seems to fit better on the team than Coby at this point who we took 14 picks ahead of him.

Markannen makes a lot of sense on Grizzlies actually. Don't think we could get Clarke in Lauri sign and trade, but maybe with Coby included and something coming back from Grizz?
Bulls619sd
Sophomore

Post#1718 » by Bulls619sd » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:17 am

Butler4thewin wrote:the klaw on miami would make them the best defensive team in basketball in a while

Completely agree!
But Leonard likes to play small forward, Butler would move to shooting guard. If I was an opposing team I would pack the paint defensively.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,195

Post#1719 » by HomoSapien » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:15 am

Throwing out a crazy trade with the assumptions that Philly again underachieves in the playoffs and Beal requests a trade during the off-season to a contender:

Chicago Trades: Patrick Williams, Coby White, a future first-round pick, Aminu (expiring), Arci (filler)
Chicago Receives: Ben Simmons

Philly Trades: Ben Simmons
Philly Receives: Bradley Beal

Washington Trades: Bradley Beal
Washington Receives: Patrick Williams, Coby White, a future first-round pick, Aminu (expiring), Arci (filler)

Obviously, Washington could cut Chicago out of this completely, but in this scenario, the hope is that Ben Simmons would be against going to a rebuilding club and would push to go to Chicago specifically.

Probably not the best return for Washington, but maybe the bones are there...especially if Patrick Williams can end the season on a strong note.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#1720 » by qianlong » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:00 am

NocioniHomie wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:What would it take to acquire Brandon Clarke? I think he'd be a really nice fit at the PF spot and we can offer him a starting role long term. He's shown enough that he can develop a respectable 3 point shot and his style of play is someone we should be looking at to pair in the backcourt with Vuc for defensive purposes.

I was just wondering the same thing on drive home after watching the game. Think he could fit really nice. He seems to fit better on the team than Coby at this point who we took 14 picks ahead of him.

Markannen makes a lot of sense on Grizzlies actually. Don't think we could get Clarke in Lauri sign and trade, but maybe with Coby included and something coming back from Grizz?

And I'm the third. I think they have no interest in Lauri since they have jjj. But for teh same reason they may be fine letting Clarke go. I would propose White for Clarke and whatever small filler they want to add.
Ball don't lie

Return to Chicago Bulls