ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft Thread, Part 2

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2461 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 am

EvanZ wrote:I think they are just covering their asses at this point

So the original 'leak' was definitely real and the follow up 'leak' was a PR cover up job?

Do you take into account the reputability of the two sources? Shelburne, a reporter, vs. Jalen Rose, a personality?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#2462 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:53 pm

and1GS wrote:

So the original 'leak' was definitely real and the follow up 'leak' was a PR cover up job?

Do you take into account the reputability of the two sources? Shelburne, a reporter, vs. Jalen Rose, a personality?

I think where there's smoke there's fire. I've said this before, the Warriors FO does certain things well, but they would really really benefit from shutting the hell up and not leaking ****. They are leakier than the Titanic after it hit the damn iceberg. :lol: And these leaks do not help them.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#2463 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:29 pm

EvanZ wrote:
and1GS wrote:

I think where there's smoke there's fire. I've said this before, the Warriors FO does certain things well, but they would really really benefit from shutting the hell up and not leaking ****. They are leakier than the Titanic after it hit the damn iceberg. :lol: And these leaks do not help them.

Thanks for explaining, I find this stuff interesting. You're entitled to that opinion. I think you're wrong, but I can see how you got there.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#2464 » by TB » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

I'd try to offer Paschall and a future 2nd for him right now.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#2465 » by marthafokker » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 am

Lavar and his mouth is yapping again. MJ is going to have fun keeping LaMelo in Hornets jersey in a few years.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#2466 » by whatisacenter » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:06 am

Lamelo out for the remainder of the year with a fractured wrist...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#2467 » by sonnyhill » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:20 pm

How about this for believing in the draft? The Oklahoma City Thunder currently own 17 future first round draft picks!

https://clutchpoints.com/how-many-future-1st-round-draft-picks-do-the-thunder-have/
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#2468 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:57 pm

Never mind Lamelo, we should have taken Moses Brown! :o :crazy:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#2469 » by cdubbz » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:14 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Never mind Lamelo, we should have taken Moses Brown! :o :crazy:

Was a fan of his early on, but didn't think he would stick around in the NBA.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#2470 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:37 am

TB wrote:Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

Bane is a dime a dozen.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
TrueFan420
Senior
And1: 431

Post#2471 » by TrueFan420 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:05 pm

sonnyhill wrote:How about this for believing in the draft? The Oklahoma City Thunder currently own 17 future first round draft picks!

https://clutchpoints.com/how-many-future-1st-round-draft-picks-do-the-thunder-have/

Means they have a bunch of late picks they’ll likely sell for more late picks or seconds or cash. Should def move if the price is right. But we’re young as is. Unless there’s someone we absolutely love we need to get some vets.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#2472 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:06 pm

cdubbz wrote:
TB wrote:Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

Bane is a dime a dozen.

Just because the cost is cheap doesnt mean we still dont need that type of player :dontknow:
TB
General Manager

Post#2473 » by TB » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:29 pm

FNQ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Bane is a dime a dozen.

Just because the cost is cheap doesnt mean we still dont need that type of player :dontknow:

I totally understand the dime a dozen thought, I mean we have TWO of this type of player right now in Lee and Baze. Bane seems to project to being and even better version of that type of role playing wing shooter though. He's basically doing what they do only shooting it even better from 3.

But I think we'd all agree that while there are alot of players like that, you absolutely need a couple on your team if you want to be good. We would be a disaster without those two players and Poole shooting near 40% from 3.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#2474 » by cdubbz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:52 am

FNQ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Bane is a dime a dozen.

Wasn’t talking about price, but more about type of player. We could find a similar player in the draft or free agency.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#2475 » by cdubbz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:08 am

One day we will laugh because we drafted a teenager who played 3 college games.
TB
General Manager

Post#2476 » by TB » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:03 pm

Okongwu battled some injuries and playing time issues, but his per possession and advanced numbers are starting to look great. A lot of people had him over Wiseman because of what todays bigs need to be able to do, and he's sort of showing it... Low usage on offense but super efficient when needed, defends multiple levels, plays with energy. We saw his switchability vs the Dubs, guarding the perimeter very well.

I know its beating a dead horse, but a trade back for Haliburton or Okongwu just made way too much sense in terms of getting a good fit while also adding an extra player.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#2477 » by azwfan » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:30 am

TB wrote:Okongwu battled some injuries and playing time issues, but his per possession and advanced numbers are starting to look great. A lot of people had him over Wiseman because of what todays bigs need to be able to do, and he's sort of showing it... Low usage on offense but super efficient when needed, defends multiple levels, plays with energy. We saw his switchability vs the Dubs, guarding the perimeter very well.

I know its beating a dead horse, but a trade back for Haliburton or Okongwu just made way too much sense in terms of getting a good fit while also adding an extra player.

Too bad nobody was willing to give up anything decent to move up.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#2478 » by cdubbz » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:28 am

TB wrote:Okongwu battled some injuries and playing time issues, but his per possession and advanced numbers are starting to look great. A lot of people had him over Wiseman because of what todays bigs need to be able to do, and he's sort of showing it... Low usage on offense but super efficient when needed, defends multiple levels, plays with energy. We saw his switchability vs the Dubs, guarding the perimeter very well.

We’re going to look back at this draft and most likely be mind boggled that we drafted a guy who played 3 college games and didn’t show any skills over proven guys.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#2479 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:53 pm

azwfan wrote:

Too bad nobody was willing to give up anything decent to move up.

I think we wanted a player that we could use as trade bait or be serviceable for us in the event there were no good offers. The most tradeable players in the draft were Edwards, Lamelo, and Wiseman. I think that's why we didn't trade the #2 pick to the Bulls for the #4 pick + Wendell Carter because we wanted one of the top 3 guys.
TB
General Manager

Post#2480 » by TB » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:29 pm

I wanted to do that Wendell Carter trade so badly, and then move the 4 with the TPE back to the magic for Gordon. Draft Poku.

Hindsight is fun :)

Return to Golden State Warriors