Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0 

Post#141 » by chrbal » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:28 am

Resistance wrote:Houston waives PG Mason Jones and Philadelphia signs him to a two way contract.

Sacramento waives Jeffries and Houston claims him.

Coincidences?

Maybe or maybe not.

What conspiracy are you seeing?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#142 » by kalenclayton » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:39 am

chrbal wrote:
Resistance wrote:Houston waives PG Mason Jones and Philadelphia signs him to a two way contract.

Coincidences?

Maybe or maybe not.

Everything is connected, man.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#143 » by Resistance » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:40 am

chrbal wrote:

Coincidences?

Maybe or maybe not.

McNair used to run analytics for Houston and replaced Vlade in Sacramento. Morey left Houston and went to Philadelphia. Rafael Stone moved up and took over in Houston.

I would expect that they would look out for each other when possible. If Philadelphia was curious about getting more background on PG Mason Jones, I would expect Stone to have given Morey honest answers. i would expect that McNair gave Stone honest answers if he was asked about Jeffries.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#144 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:00 am

Resistance wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Coincidences?

Maybe or maybe not.

McNair used to run analytics for Houston and replaced Vlade in Sacramento. Morey left Houston and went to Philadelphia. Rafael Stone moved up and took over in Houston.

I would expect that they would look out for each other when possible. If Philadelphia was curious about getting more background on PG Mason Jones, I would expect Stone to have given Morey honest answers. i would expect that McNair gave Stone honest answers if he was asked about Jeffries.

Also, Houston, under Morey, was notorious for churning the bottom of the roster and claiming contracts that were waived that had future non-guaranteed years, so that he could package and trade them at the draft or early in free agency for salary matching. Would assume that Stone would follow in his footsteps.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#145 » by chrbal » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:20 am

Resistance wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Coincidences?

Maybe or maybe not.

Thanks I forgot about the connections
Resistance
General Manager

Post#146 » by Resistance » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:32 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Resistance wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Also, Houston, under Morey, was notorious for churning the bottom of the roster and claiming contracts that were waived that had future non-guaranteed years, so that he could package and trade them at the draft or early in free agency for salary matching. Would assume that Stone would follow in his footsteps.

Yes, Morey was known for dumpster diving and being somewhat non-traditional. Houston signed Tate from an overseas league and they are giving Porter minutes at PG. So Stone is doing some Morey types of things.
Resistance
General Manager

Post#147 » by Resistance » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:40 am

chrbal wrote:
Resistance wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Thanks I forgot about the connections

There are more connections across the league that I didn't mention.

Arturas Karnisovas (Chicago) used to be an international scout for Houston.

Rosas (Minnesota) used to be with Houston.

Ariana Andonian used to be the scouting coordinator for Houston and I think she is now in player personnel with Memphis.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#148 » by NYG » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:01 am

Gonzaga doesn’t even belong on the floor with Baylor, this is embarrassing. Their weak conference inflated their record big time.

They’re awful at rebounding against a good team like Baylor.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#149 » by NYG » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:18 am

NYG wrote:Gonzaga doesn’t even belong on the floor with Baylor, this is embarrassing. Their weak conference inflated their record big time.

They’re awful at rebounding against a good team like Baylor.

That was the biggest mismatch I can ever recall in a championship game in any sport. Baylor is so much better than Gonzaga it’s not even close.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#150 » by loserX » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:00 pm

Shams sez: Ben McLemore to Lakers.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#151 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:31 pm

Another shooter that won’t shoot well in a lakers jersey.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,791

Post#152 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

:dontknow:
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#153 » by loserX » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:11 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Spo does like his stretchy 5s. With both Leonard and Olynyk now gone I guess this was more of a need, and Dedmon might have been the best available, at least in this limited pool.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,477

Post#154 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:46 pm

Sixers actually needed him. I miss Tony Bradley.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#155 » by Buzzard » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:52 am

loserX wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Spo does like his stretchy 5s. With both Leonard and Olynyk now gone I guess this was more of a need, and Dedmon might have been the best available, at least in this limited pool.

Dedmon is not horrible. Especially for a team that lacks height. I guess Ainge is determined to do his Houston impersonation until the end of the season.

I almost feel bad for Tatum and Brown. But the Hawks need to convincingly overtake them; so maybe when the season is over I will have some sympathy.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#156 » by ejftw » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:21 am

Game one and day two of Cousins' ten day deal, and, if I keeps this effort up, I have no doubt he's kept for the year
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#157 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#158 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:29 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Surprised they couldn't have found a trade for him considering his low salary. Especially since McGee returned multiple 2nd rounders.

But good on them for letting him go play towards a new contract while they are clearly in hard-core tank mode. Situations like this one are why I have such trouble with the Chicken Little Buyout guys. Neither side wants to still play basketball for the Magic so working to prevent him getting a better situation makes zero sense.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#159 » by BullyKing » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:49 pm

Sixers are cutting Brazdiekis. I assume they will be looking for another center though perhaps they are a little late (Dedmon would have made so much sense).
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,791

Post#160 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:50 pm

BullyKing wrote:Sixers are cutting Brazdiekis. I assume they will be looking for another center though perhaps they are a little late (Dedmon would have made so much sense).

I can see OKC picking him up. We'll see.

Return to Trades and Transactions