ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: The Evil Empire (Nets) vs. Manhattan Basketball Team 4/5/2021 7:00pm (YES 2 Network, NBA TV)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: GT: The Evil Empire (Nets) vs. Manhattan Basketball Team 4/5/2021 7:00pm (YES 2 Network, NBA TV) 

Post#221 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:02 am

DarkXaero wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Harden reagravated his hami. Didn't I say you can't play with that sh**. Dude had no training camp, soft tissue be like that.

Nets are usually very conservative with injuries, so this is a bit strange.

I wonder if Harden truly thought he was ready to go or if he was trying to rush to get back in the MVP race.

Either way, you’d think he has to be shut down for at least 2 weeks.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

He was aware BEFORE the game or when he called out of the game?

If something didn’t feel right before the game, who cares what the scans say. Listen to your body.

Feels like we always have at least one member of the big 3 out for some injury. I hope Kyrie can stay healthy for the rest of the regular season.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: GT: The Evil Empire (Nets) vs. Manhattan Basketball Team 4/5/2021 7:00pm (YES 2 Network, NBA TV) 

Post#222 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:02 am

We need guys to get healthy soon or we're in trouble. I'm worried going into the POs with no experience playing as a team. Especially as Nash doesn't quite know his lineups. Maybe we cut R.Perry (if they like him that much they could probably get him over the summer), make Alize a 2way (if legal) and sign another guard?
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#223 » by DarkXaero » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:03 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Nets are usually very conservative with injuries, so this is a bit strange.

I wonder if Harden truly thought he was ready to go or if he was trying to rush to get back in the MVP race.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He was aware BEFORE the game or when he called out of the game?

If something didn’t feel right before the game, who cares what the scans say. Listen to your body.

Feels like we always have at least one member of the big 3 out for some injury. I hope Kyrie can stay healthy for the rest of the regular season.
No, during the game when he asked for the sub or at least that's what I assume here. He signaled to Nash to take him out.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#224 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:03 am

King kyrie
Knight Alize(huge boost imo)
Joker TLC
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#225 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:03 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Nets are usually very conservative with injuries, so this is a bit strange.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's good news, but I also agree the Nets are normally extra cautious with injuries and after what happened tonight, no matter how good he feels and how clean his MRI's are, I don't expect to see Harden again for about two weeks.

I think it'll be more than 2 weeks. Probably closer to a month, but it depends if he really hurt it again, or it just didn't feel right.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#226 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:04 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:Let me tell you something, it's a good thing Kyrie grew up around here and truly understands the rivalry. This is NOT just another basketball game to Kyrie, and he KNOWS it's not just another game for Nets fans, and he was absolutely determined to win this game. If he didn't take his intensity to another level, with the contributions from the rest of the team, ALZIE INCLUDED, but despite all that, with KD and Harden both out, there's NO WAY we win this game if it wasn't as personal to Kyrie as it is to the rest of us, cause he LIVED IT too.

BTW Alzie deserves a full season contract.

Kyrie gets up for big games. 40 piece this season on Boston and the Knicks. He's got that bit of Kobe in him.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#227 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:05 am

King - Kyrie
Knight - Alize / Jeff
Jester - Injuries
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#228 » by GTR11 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:10 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Give this man his props. Home boy you good. I still don't trust him though, resining Dinwiddie is a priority.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,863

Post#229 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:21 am

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their Big 5 couldn't beat our Big 1 and some change. Clown ass team, clown ass fanbase. I'll laugh if they fall into the play in game seeds
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#230 » by Whiskey Slick » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:22 am

KING - Kyrie
KNIGHT - Alzie & Uncle Jeff
JESTERS - Knicks
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#231 » by Whiskey Slick » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their Big 5 couldn't beat our Big 1 and some change. Clown ass team, clown ass fanbase. I'll laugh if they fall into the play in game seeds

That's why I chose these clowns and their Fatboy HC as my JESTERS (see above).
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#232 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:31 am

what a game ! Kyrie is lethal ! Uncle Jeff deserves a better contract no doubt about it, dude plays tough on both sides. Alize is here to stay, we need to sign this dude now. He brings tons of energy and competes on defense and has a great touch around the rim, can't ask for more . TLC competed on defense, cheeze helped us get back into the game, he brings a good rhythm to the offense. LMA and Bruce needs to play better.

I hope Harden hammy isn't that bad, I'm a little concerned, I can't lie. We should give him a full week or 2 off. And I don't like not playing DJ,I think he should of got some mins today. We shouldn't just DNP him every game now, LMA is cool but DJ brings a little different skill set. Great game though , Knicks are a freakin tough squad, I am happy they are good. These battles don't disappoint.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#233 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:55 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's good news, but I also agree the Nets are normally extra cautious with injuries and after what happened tonight, no matter how good he feels and how clean his MRI's are, I don't expect to see Harden again for about two weeks.

I think it'll be more than 2 weeks. Probably closer to a month, but it depends if he really hurt it again, or it just didn't feel right.

I dont think we will see him to maybe the second round of the playoffs. As i said with KD, hamstrings are the worst non-season ending injury. They linger forever. id think a minimum of 6-8 weeks for harden. Hopefully KD doesnt have a set back and were good round 1
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#234 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:59 am

Can we talk about Kyrie LOCKING DOWN Julius Randle for the entire 4th quarter? And no... not like on switches but like "I Got Randle" and then ripping him, forcing him into turnovers, and bad shots.

Kyrie took this one personal. He wasnt going to let us lose this one. Not to the Knicks. And he showed Randle what a real star is... not just numbers, but stepping up in games like this. Randle tried to check Kyrie a few times... that didnt go well for Randle or the knicks but Randle should get some royalties for all the posters kyrie put him on.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#235 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:09 am

Great Game... Gotta love a win against the Knicks. NBA was fools not to have Knicks/Nets on Christmas. Celtics are not a rivalry. My thoughts:

1) Kyrie willed us to this win. but he had help. some big plays from Uncle Jeff and Joe with some big buckets late especially that put back

2) Claxton turned this game big time with his defense. We went on a 14-2 run, most of it without Kyrie, cause claxton was blocking shots, forcing misses, and getting us in transition. He needs to play more. 16 minutes tonight with blake out but sitll not enough. he has an impact on the game whether he is scoring or not. He can guard anyone 1 through 5.

3) I get we have injuries, but TLC should never ever ever ever play 32 minutes. and if TLC double claxtons minutes again i may legit lose it. Give those minutes to literally anyone else. Alize, Claxton, Chiozza, Perry, hell give amare or vaughn a uniform and thats better.

4) LMA is a role player and we need to start treating him like such. 8-10 points on 8-10 shots with less then mediocure defense and 1 three or less per game isnt worth 30 minutes a game. Blake i think warrants some big minutes at times but LMA needs to be reserved for backup floor spacing. He has been ok, im not trashing him... its more of a nash issue then a LMA issue. swap LMA and Claxtons minutes and im good.

5) Props to Chiozza. guy had like 50 DNP-CDs in a row then steps in and gives solid play on both ends. way to be ready.

One thing that really annoyed me for an otherwise amazing night/win was this... we are up by 3. there are 32 seconds left. what are the 2 things you cant do:

-Allow a 3PT attempt
-Foul on a 3PT attempt

What do we do? let them walk right into an open three. that simply cant happen.

but whatever. we smashed the knicks
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#236 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:15 am

Paradise wrote:That is Kyrie’s best NBA dunk by far

Nah, he has had some sick dunks. he doesnt do it often but he has some crazy hops and yokes one every now and then. In Boston ive seen him do left handed windmills and 360s off the bounce.

He had an in-game dunk on gortat with boston that was pretty sick
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,770

Post#237 » by Karate Diop » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:18 am

I'm a little mixed on the not playing DJ at all wagon, I think there are some matchups / circumstances where he's still useful and feel like LMA should be treated as more of a 20 mpg player than a full-time starter...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#238 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:18 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I love this Johnson kid. Marks does it again.

I really like him too... i dont want to knee jerk on a small sample but he provides something we dont really have:

Size/Girth + Athleticism from a SF. He has that Jimmy butler build. he seems to have a chip on his shoulder also
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#239 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:20 am

sashaturiaf wrote:And Claxton is no flash in the pan he's clearly a beast defensively.

4th most important guy on the team already IMO

I think he is an ALL-NBA defender right now. doesnt have the games to really have a case but thats the level he is playing at.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#240 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:25 am

therealbig3 wrote:Kyrie with 74 points in 2 games against the Knicks this year lol.

and like 80+ in the 2 games vs. boston. 70 vs the clips i think.

i love that he owns the teams i hate most.

Return to Brooklyn Nets