ImageImageImage

Old friend Paul Pierce

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Re: Old friend Paul Pierce 

Post#81 » by Edug27 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:51 am

I love Pierce, but he’s a clown for this. Not a good look. Definition of “no f**ks given”
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,181

Post#82 » by djsunyc » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:38 am

Bar Fight wrote:That's wack as **** honestly. He gets fired for chilling at his house/having a good time on IG? I swear I must have watched a different video than everyone else. You would think he had fully naked women shooting a sex tape behind him or something

have you ever had an employer? ever sign a contract for said employer? pierce can do whatever he wants. so can his employer.
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#83 » by denmuscles » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:42 am

Imagine if Ray Allen did this.... or that poor whipped Steph Kurry.

His wife would cut off his nut sack live on IG
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,830

Post#84 » by Bar Fight » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:06 am

djsunyc wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:That's wack as **** honestly. He gets fired for chilling at his house/having a good time on IG? I swear I must have watched a different video than everyone else. You would think he had fully naked women shooting a sex tape behind him or something

have you ever had an employer? ever sign a contract for said employer? pierce can do whatever he wants. so can his employer.

And I can call his employer wack as **** for doing so.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,181

Post#85 » by djsunyc » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:11 am

Bar Fight wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

of course you can. but you are questioning why he got fired - it's quite clear. there's no debate why but your post makes it sounds like you are surprised they did.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,830

Post#86 » by Bar Fight » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:17 am

djsunyc wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

of course you can. but you are questioning why he got fired - it's quite clear. there's no debate why but your post makes it sounds like you are surprised they did.

I'm not questioning why he got fired. I know why and I think it's stupid.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#87 » by return2glory » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:42 am

For those on this thread who thought this was big big deal, ESPN didn’t see it your way.

Paul Pierce hurt his changes of ever getting hired in a front office for any NBA team.

We aren’t even saying how this might hurt his wife and his kids.

If Pierce was single with no kids and a complete unknown, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But that’s not the case.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,482

Post#88 » by playa-hater » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:47 am

So am I the only one who thinks maybe ESPN/Disney just used this as an excuse because PP was bad at his job anyway and this just gets them off the hook?? I mean if this was someone much more respected and good at what they do like (insert whomever) would they still have fired him/her??

just wondering.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,106

Post#89 » by MaxwellSmart » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:18 am

Big Deal, Paul should be applauded for supporting the work of these young ladies.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#90 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:27 am

return2glory wrote:For those on this thread who thought this was big big deal, ESPN didn’t see it your way.

Paul Pierce hurt his changes of ever getting hired in a front office for any NBA team.

If Pierce was single with no kids and a complete unknown, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But that’s not the case.

3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#91 » by 3D Chess » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:34 am

^ You're fired!
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#92 » by Triple7 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:41 am

PP is crazy! Nobody would take him seriously after this.
Well i’m pretty sure he knew the consequences, so i think he’s fine with it.
LoquaciousLarry
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#93 » by LoquaciousLarry » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:42 am

The Woke crowd has Pierces back due to lack of standards but anybody with a brain would know, its not a big deal if you do this privately. But to advertise this as an employed individual who is married with kids was unnecessary and not cool by any stretch. Pierce is my favorite player of all time but he needs to get his act together. He could be a GM, coach, etc if he dials in.

It is what it is, but just because he's a HOFer doesn't mean he's immune to criticism for stupidity.
grantlongforpresident
Assistant Coach
And1: 124

Post#94 » by grantlongforpresident » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:27 am

It seems so lame to fire him for that.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,861

Post#95 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:37 am

This reminds mew of the time that Pierce showed up at the post-game press conference with fake bandages on his head. I think he has a death wish as far as the media are concerned.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#96 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:47 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
return2glory wrote:For those on this thread who thought this was big big deal, ESPN didn’t see it your way.

Tell them the dougie mcbuckets story. Lol
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#97 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:59 am

LoquaciousLarry wrote:The Woke crowd has Pierces back due to lack of standards but anybody with a brain would know, its not a big deal if you do this privately. But to advertise this as an employed individual who is married with kids was unnecessary and not cool by any stretch. Pierce is my favorite player of all time but he needs to get his act together. He could be a GM, coach, etc if he dials in.

It is what it is, but just because he's a HOFer doesn't mean he's immune to criticism for stupidity.

A lot of conversations happening here at once. Weed, possible prostitution, career impacts, role modeling, and even proper parenting. Not sure what part you are off on, but I personally only have a horse in a couple of those, and really just weed and a semi-misinterpretation of the stripper angle. Since a "lack of standards" were called into question, I will just say that my hometown of Boston is just soooo backwards. Some of it gets a bad rap on the racism thing, but most of it doesn't. Just a miserable, judgy place that I would never even consider moving back to ever. My wife and I are both from there, and we joke about it all the time. Can you even imagine moving back there? Helllll no.

FWIW, Pierce already made his money. Disney doesn't need him, and he doesn't need Disney. Will probably be making bank by this time next week on Barstool or wherever. His family will be likely be just fine and are provided for.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,668

Post#98 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:06 am

Froob wrote:He really got fired for that lmao? The good morning tweet is goated.

He wasn't very good or popular in his ESPN role anyway. The guys who do that kind of thing long term either:

-- Need or greatly want the money
-- Crave the spotlight and/or respect
-- Are basketball analysis geeks

I don't think any of those is true of Pierce, even the middle one.

He got everything he wanted in his playing days. Now he's a dabbler.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#99 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:09 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Tell them the dougie mcbuckets story. Lol

For real, right? I feel like there is an underlying racial thing here, at least in terms of not understanding what options various people have in their lives, and the alleged morality of it all. Look, being a professional athlete is a highly-pressurized, highly-isolating affair. Look how many guys here get weirdly furious by a bad shooting night, or going out in the 2nd round instead of 3rd (or even then) with young, injured teams. Ainge and Brad have to get fired. Smart has to be traded. Kyrie is a jerk for leaving a team he never asked to be traded to and building an even better team within 18 months. All it take is one bad night, one bad month, one bad playoff series. Someone has to pay!

These guys aren't living any part of what most of the rest of us do, except for the part where half of Boston/Cs fans are drunk half the time and maybe playing poker with their boys on the weekends. Bad parents, tho!
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#100 » by Ill News » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:14 am

Not a cool thing to do by Pierce. Makes him look like a real sleazebag lol.

Would any of you welcome Pierce as a broadcaster for the Celtics, maybe in NBCS? I love him as a player, but man he's a horrible analyst with some of the cringiest takes you'll ever hear. I hope he never appears in any sort of media role again.

Return to Boston Celtics